Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

One of the most useless politicians

Ever.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >  Last >> 

Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 13-Aug-2019 06:36 Message #4748502
Diane Abbott has indicated Labour could be planning .. something? .. anything?

While the shadow home secretary said it was “above my pay grade” to confirm any plans, she agreed Labour and other parties would need to move quickly to .. something? .. anything?

She isn’t very capable of doing anything or explaining anything and reflects Corbyn’s own lack of ability to do anything or make any decisions.

If this was a private industry you’d think she would be sleeping with the boss to be in such a senior position.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 13-Aug-2019 07:55 Message #4748508
I have to agree that Diane Abbott is shockingly bad, I think Corbyn's problem (apart from the fact he is shockingly bad too) is that established, experienced Labour MP's refuse to work in the shadow cabinet or were ousted when he took over, so the pool is lacking in talented people.
What I find astonishing is this wishy-washy, we might do this, we might do that approach seems to be the official party line, they clearly think it is the right thing to be doing.
To me it just looks chaotic, non-committal and shows they lack courage to make a decision and stick to it. It's interesting that from the start of his premiership Boris Johnson has stuck to the one line of leaving on 31st October come what may - the voters seem to be responding to it.
Of course, if he backtracks or bottles out and fails to deliver, he will pay a very heavy price...
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 13-Aug-2019 07:59 Message #4748509
Tsunami...... that tickled me....... rotflmao

Heiro... you are so right
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 13-Aug-2019 09:06 Message #4748514
"If this was a private industry you’d think she would be sleeping with the boss to be in such a senior position."

.............. you think a man would sleep with that?

Sorry I assumed the boss was male. The boss could be a woman, in which case I could believe such a scenario.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 13-Aug-2019 09:24 Message #4748516
Bob. Mr Corbyn and Ms Abbott were an item.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 13-Aug-2019 09:24 Message #4748517
The great thing about Diane Abbott is that she makes a very good 'impressionee' for the impressionists..

Jan Ravens does a brilliant one....
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 13-Aug-2019 11:23 Message #4748524
I don't think Diane Abbot would be on the front bench if she wasn't such a Corbyn fan, ex lover or not, nor would John McDonnel or probably most of the front bench team. The other one who really annoys me is Rebecca Long Baily, the shadow business secretary I think she is, she has premanently raised eyebrows making her look surprised all the time, a really annoying voice and is just generally irritating, she dosen't even say anything interesting, just parrots out the party line.
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 13-Aug-2019 15:06 Message #4748536
In May 2010, Dianne Abbot was re-elected in her constituency of Hackney North and Stoke Newington, with a doubled majority on an increased turn-out.
She was again re-elected in 2015 with 62% of the vote.

She must be doing something right, and I would expect her constituents to know her better than anyone.

Sleeping with the boss is history but I'm not sure Boris's fling, being in 10, Downing St. is as provocative.

Abbot reached the academic heights to get a place at Cambridge.

After losing a leadership contest, it was Ed Miliband that projected Abbot to the front benches but was advanced to Home Secretary by Corbyn.

Abbot won an award for her role in Human Rights issues.

Sometimes, taking a stance for the sake of it is a weak move. Some unclear pathways are better negotiated as you go along rather than being seen to know the way to give direction that could be harmful or meaningless.
Male
BlackMark1  Male  Leicestershire 13-Aug-2019 15:08 Message #4748537
She's still one of the worst politicians ever!
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 13-Aug-2019 15:29 Message #4748538
Well said JustLyn. Clearly not the worst but sadly from the wrong ideology, to some. Racism hides behind many guises in life.
She isn’t very capable of doing anything or explaining anything (TW)
lack of ability (TW)
sleeping with the boss (TW)
shockingly bad (Hphant)
wishy-washy (Hphant)
you think a man would sleep with that? (Honestbob)

I mean come on. I pointed out that TW appeared to be enjoying rationing the destitute alongside his perverse defence of Tory policies. But that doesn't make TW one of the worse Food Bank workers. Although that is debatable by his apparent moral ineptutude. Truth is, Diane is an easy target because of her personality and way she speaks. Easy target for bullies. ANd i have discovered a few on this forum in the last few months.
Male
BlackMark1  Male  Leicestershire 13-Aug-2019 15:38 Message #4748539
Why do you mention racism witheflow? Which racist remark are you pointing us towards?
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 13-Aug-2019 15:42 Message #4748540
Witheflow. Food banks were initially a Labour policy but whether you agree or disagree with them there is no denying a lot of poorer people appreciate them and I would be loathe to take the p... out of anyone for giving up their time to help those in need whatever my politics.
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 13-Aug-2019 15:52 Message #4748541
BlackMark. Racism hides under many veils.

"I’ve had death threats. I’ve had people tweeting that I should be hung – if, quote, “they can find a tree big enough to take the fat bitch’s weight”. There was an EDL-affiliated Twitter account, #BurnDianeAbbott. I’ve had rape threats, described as a “pathetic, useless, fat, black, piece of sht”, “ugly fat black bitch”, and “nr”. N*r over and over again."

There is a never-ending list of examples I could continue to post here. But the point has been made. No MP is more abused than Diane Abbott. And the fact she is a Black woman has a large role in that.
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 13-Aug-2019 15:53 Message #4748542
Indeed MrLoud. Especially if there was some peverse enjoyment out of it.

Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 13-Aug-2019 15:57 Message #4748543
* BlackMark1 Leicestershire 13-Aug-2019 15:38 new Message #4748539
Why do you mention racism witheflow? Which racist remark are you pointing us towards?

Blackmark asked you which remarks on this thread you are saying were racist.

Lots of politicians receive death threats and you might want to start a thread on that subject but you specifically commented on this thread about racist remarks.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 13-Aug-2019 16:00 Message #4748544
* Witheflow North Yorkshire 13-Aug-2019 15:53 new Message #4748542
Indeed MrLoud. Especially if there was some peverse enjoyment out of it*

Do you believe that volunteers get perverse enjoyment in helping otheres?

Should everyone stop helping others and be less perverse by looking after just themselves?

I'm guessing you might check out the politics of the underprivileged, beggars and disabled before you offer any asssstance.
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 13-Aug-2019 16:05 Message #4748545
MrLoud. I am responding to BlackMarks question. I have noticed you like trying to vilify me for my previous comments. But I really have you sussed little feller. So, forgive me for not playing your game. I will await BlackMarks response and not his hoppo's (Mug).
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 13-Aug-2019 16:10 Message #4748546
Is Boris up to something again.
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 13-Aug-2019 16:17 Message #4748547
He's playing the fools Mancers. Not sure if there's as many so stupid this time though.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 13-Aug-2019 16:18 Message #4748548
tbh, why pick on Diane Abbott when there is a whole array of idiots and buffoons to choose from in the current cabinet?
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 13-Aug-2019 16:23 Message #4748549
Minnie. I suspect TW chose Diane because it alligned with his political choice. And his respect and values
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 13-Aug-2019 16:30 Message #4748551
and Tumbleweed came following (Tumbling in). Their true self can be seen behind the jokey and charitable personas.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 13-Aug-2019 16:34 Message #4748552
* Witheflow North Yorkshire 13-Aug-2019 16:05 new Message #4748545
MrLoud. I am responding to BlackMarks question. I have noticed you like trying to vilify me for my previous comments. But I really have you sussed little feller. So, forgive me for not playing your game. I will await BlackMarks response and not his hoppo's (Mug).*

why are you mis-typing my name? Is it some form of insult? Why do you think I'm a little feller? Not something I have ever been accused of. Do you really think I would be worried about a cowardly fake(proven) calling me a mug?

I remarked on your post in a public forum That is how it works.

You spotted racism in this thread so where is it?
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 13-Aug-2019 16:36 Message #4748553
Little feller. Refer back to Message #4748545
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 13-Aug-2019 16:37 Message #4748554
Witheflow North Yorkshire 13-Aug-2019 16:23 new Message #4748549
Minnie. I suspect TW chose Diane because it alligned with his political choice. And his respect and values

it might make more sense to ask why someone shouldn't criticise Diane Abbott as she is one of the most criticised policians around. It wouldn't matter to me which political party she was part of to know she is inept.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »