Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Caroline Lucas calls for emergency female cabinet to block no-deal Brexit

What do you think?

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 11-Aug-2019 20:16 Message #4748363
The Green MP, Caroline Lucas, has suggested setting up an all-female cabinet of unity in order to stop a no deal Brexit. Her thinking is that females are better at negotiation and therefore would do a much better job than men.
I find the proposal extraordinary personally, I certainly agree a mix of males and females is better than all male, but how does an all female team solve the issue?
If you are a male remainer for example, what do you think?...
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 11-Aug-2019 20:33 Message #4748364
Well I,m female and think it's a bloody stupid idea....women can be more emotional than men and men can be more logical than women so half and half, oh hang on, we need some transgender as well...so a third of each, oh but then we need people with brains who aren't in it for themselves????

Yeah bloody stupid in it?
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 11-Aug-2019 20:44 Message #4748365
Its General Election time.
She already knows No Deal is not possible, so could just sit back and wait.
But that would not get her in the news.
We are looking at strategies, for instance at some point Boris suddenly realises No Deal is no go.

He calls a GE, claiming he tried everything, when all along he did nothing at all.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 11-Aug-2019 20:58 Message #4748367
Mutiny from within, is NOT what this government is all about. For goodness sake, she should let Boris & Co do what they have to, and support him. For anyone to go against their own party is treason, and should be dealt with accordingly. He does seem to be whipping them all into action and has some good ideas, What he doesnt need is his own party mutineering.

All this dithering, arguing and indecision is dragging this country down, and at the same time, do people realise, we are still paying out billions to the EU. They must be laughing their socks off.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 11-Aug-2019 21:03 Message #4748368
She's a Green MP, not Conservative...
Male
Withgoodintent  Male  North Yorkshire 11-Aug-2019 21:21 Message #4748369
I think the world has been laughing at us ever since we voted ourselves out of the EU. Everything since has been a farce and Boris the Clown the grand finale.
Caroline Lucas can see the country pushed off the cliff edge by the NeoLiberals with no deal and is naturally worried as are her party.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 11-Aug-2019 21:31 Message #4748372
It is GE strategy, not Brexit strategy.
Brexit is not possible without the support of parliament.
Boris can shuffle people around, but the numbers remain the same.
A GE is the only option left, and that could produce any result.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 11-Aug-2019 22:26 Message #4748379
"Her thinking is that females are better at negotiation and therefore would do a much better job than men. "

T.May ?

i rest my case, m,lud.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 11-Aug-2019 23:12 Message #4748391
It’s looking as if the worst negotiator may be Boris so perhaps she has a point but personally I feel a fair mix of male and female is usually best.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 12-Aug-2019 09:14 Message #4748418
Wow, you're basing that on him being in the job about a fortnight?...
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 12-Aug-2019 09:23 Message #4748420
Wow, you're basing that on him being in the job about a fortnight?...

Boris has been an MP for at least 20 years and he was also mayor of London so it’s not too difficult to judge his abilities.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 12-Aug-2019 10:04 Message #4748421
How much did Boris lose with the water cannons, his family values are in the news a lot, he doesnt like the scousers and he’s a bit of a bullshitter, his abilities are an open book.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 12-Aug-2019 10:31 Message #4748423
Do you think he was wrong to want to use water cannons?...
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 12-Aug-2019 11:44 Message #4748428
Yes I do think he was wrong to want to use water cannons.

I have a lot of time for Caroline Lucas, but I disagree with her on this, we need people of ability to negotiate anything, a mix of skills, I don't think any negotiating skills are the province of one gender, but I don't think Boris is doing a good job, he dosen't want to negoatiate whatever he says to the contrary.

Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 12-Aug-2019 12:21 Message #4748435
The said water cannons never been used sold as scrap, I’d say that was a waste.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 12-Aug-2019 12:48 Message #4748441
That wasn't what I asked.
I think "others" stopped him implementing their use just in case protesters got hurt while they were smashing up someone's property...
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 12-Aug-2019 13:38 Message #4748444
To quell riots while trying to to seriously harm anyone is an impossible task. To those who are against the use of water cannon I wouls ask:

If you have a riot kicking off and out of control, as happening in France and Hong kong, to name but two ... How would you stop it?

Johnson purchased three mobile water cannon for use in emergencies which were never used. It was Khan who sold them at a loss which many believe was deliberate.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 12-Aug-2019 15:37 Message #4748449
They are now Tin Khans.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 12-Aug-2019 16:57 Message #4748452
"Her thinking is that females are better at negotiation and therefore would do a much better job than men"

I think this woman isn't the brightest. I know nothing of the woman. I think she has seen a cute, young woman in a busy main street work, some feminine magic on some men, selling them something at the cost of small pocket change and she thinks this equates to women making huge, international deals. Women might be good at negotiations little deals, when they are hot and have 3/4 of their tits hanging out, a skirt barely covering their arse and putting on the feminine voice and acting submissive. That will work...... on a £3 meal deal.

"how does an all female team solve the issue?"

It doesn't. This woman has fallen for the trap of modern media and movie roles. She believes this whole girl power, women are the future, women are better than men at every conceivable thing, men are a cancer to society and the rest. I'd have more respect for this type of feminist if they started low, and worked their way up.....

How about an all female team of Sewage maintenance engineers?
How about an all female team of road workers?
How about an all female team of riot police?
What about an all female team of white goods delivery drivers?
How about a special wing of the SAS, of all women?

No?

How about an all male team? Sexist?
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 12-Aug-2019 18:42 Message #4748459
Well Bob don't let your lack of knowlege about Caroline Lucas get in the way of a rant. If I was fit enough and had the aptitude I'd do any of the jobs you mention, actually a few of the delievery drivers round here are women. Many riot police are women, I believe all available officers go on riot duty, its not gender specific, and they're all highly trained in shield wall tactics as well as snatch squads, having been on a few demo's none of which have been violent, female officers are often the most abusive.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 12-Aug-2019 19:09 Message #4748464
You ought to see the women bouncers in Manchester, they’re like Rottweilers with lipstick.
Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire 12-Aug-2019 19:26 Message #4748467
from what I have seen on google tonight, the woman is an embarrassment
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 12-Aug-2019 21:45 Message #4748473
Caroline Lucas doesn't want a deal. She wants to remain in the EU.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 12-Aug-2019 22:00 Message #4748479
It seems more and more politicians and members of the public now want to remain in the EU now May’s deal is off the table. They don’t trust Boris and the don’t want to jump with no safety net.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 12-Aug-2019 22:00 Message #4748480
Ha ha now she's had to apologise for proposing an "all-white" female cabinet and forgetting BAME women.
I think it's fair to say this isn't her finest hour and rather ironic that someone so Liberal and PC can cock it up (no pun intended) so spectacularly.
Although, it is getting ridiculous how everybody and anybody can be offended by supposedly being excluded - we are going to tie ourselves in knots before long....

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »