Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Huggy thread

Let's get hugging

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Aug-2019 08:55 Message #4748309
Good morning fellow huggers,

I've just been catching up on the comments from last week. Seems it was quite a weekend, not in a good way.

Leogirl - how are you? I've managed to fall over and hit my face a couple of times now but not as spectacularly as you :( I hope you're feeling a bit better and that the bruises and grazes are starting to fade.

Victoriana - lovely to see you back on the huggy thread. Did you find out what the bangs were? Are you shure it was shots and not firecrackers or fireworks? Any sign of the peacock? Hope all the sheep were accounted for.

Sea Urchin - I empathises with you about your workmen. I hope they come back and finish off the drive to your satisfaction. I seem to be finding that as fast as something is changed it leaves other things that need doing :( I hope the Sidmouth Festival has gone ahead as a lot of events have been cancelled due to the yellow weather warning.

Anyway, I hope you have all survived the extreme weather so far. It was very windy here yesterday but seems to have calmed down a lot today. I am back to being car less now the hire car has been picked up. Plenty to do here this week. Enjoy your Sunday and I hope you have a good week ahead.

(((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire 11-Aug-2019 09:07 Message #4748310
Morning Twinkle and all

i shall be going sailing again today, and thereby leaving at around 10am, looks as though the wind has picked up/ Yesterday as I thnk will know it was very windy.

Other than that not a lot to report.

Mike

Hugs to all
Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 11-Aug-2019 09:22 Message #4748311
Morning all, still on a high from Yesterday - played 3 sets with my bands! Plus another open mic' thing later today. What fun!

Went for a coffee first thing, bumped into an old work colleague who has most of his marbles - took him 10 minutes to tell me about his new trainers!

Have a sunny day all!

RbP
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 11-Aug-2019 09:27 Message #4748314
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.

Busy day yesterday at the pop-up cafe and homing day for Peterborough Cat Rescue. Lots of kittens reserved and a few 'older' cats were homed.

Have a friend coming round today for a catch up and a late lunch

Hugs to all

Trevor
Male
Keithagain  Male  South Yorkshire 11-Aug-2019 10:35 Message #4748317
Good morning all Sunday huggers!
The main bit of news is that I got stung by a bee. Ouch! On the palm of my hand. I was dead heading plants and it was the first time in I don`t know how many years that this happened. The following day it had swollen up quite alarmingly but my sister bought me antihistamine and it`s nw
nearly alright now.

hug hug hug
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Aug-2019 11:14 Message #4748318
Woo hoo contender,

Finally sailing! It feels as if ti's been a long wait. Enjoy!

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Aug-2019 11:16 Message #4748319
Good morning RumBassiousPenguin,

Nice to see you on here again :) I'm glad you enjoyed your set. Good luck with today's venue.

Your colleagues trainers must be super special ;)

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Aug-2019 11:17 Message #4748320
Good morning Pboro Trevor,

That's good to hear that the kittens and older cats were homed.

Enjoy your chat and lunch.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Aug-2019 11:18 Message #4748321
Good morning Keithagain,

Ouch! Glad to hear your hand is almost back to normal. Was it the hand you write with?

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Aug-2019 11:19 Message #4748322
I should also ask if someone can start the thread next Sunday as I'm not sure if I'll have internet access. Any takers?
Male
Keithagain  Male  South Yorkshire 11-Aug-2019 12:34 Message #4748328
It was my all purpose left hand! My right hand doesn't work, and I'm right handed. It's a bugger isn't it?
I'm just here for a follow on, not as a leader!
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Aug-2019 14:29 Message #4748332
Even worse Keith. I hope you have someone who can help you out if necessary.
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 11-Aug-2019 14:30 Message #4748333
hello twinkle and all Sunday Huggers. {{{hugs}}} to all.

I am on the mend from my fall 11 days ago. . Still black and blue round the eyes which will take an other week or more to disappear.
I need to go back to the doc as I keep having these wooly headaches and feel unsteady on my feet. . I am so annoyed with myself as I have far to much on my plate to be bothered with aches and pains. besides I am NOT ready yet for a zimmer frame ! there!

For Sunday lunch I made myself a nice Beef keema ( own version ) with the left-overs I had in the fridge. it was YUM!
Now a little rest with some cucumber on my eyes and than I will challenge my friend PAULINE with a game or 2 Rummikub and/or scrabble.

I hope a 100% well soon as I am going on holiday in the Netherlands to see family and friends.

leogirl. (((HUGS}}} and XXX
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 11-Aug-2019 14:41 Message #4748334
P.S what is the home- remedy anti dote for a bee sting? toothpaste or Vinegar? I thought it was vinegar for wasps and toothpaste for bees. Don`t rub the sting!

Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 11-Aug-2019 20:45 Message #4748366
Evening all and (((hugs))) for everyone .

We had another hectic Sunday. Up at 5.30am and off to the CB sale. It was very very windy and then it rained, but eventually the sun came out. I managed to get some vintage kitchenalia which I like to collect. Then another 2 CB sales which again were quite good. Involved a ot of walking today as they were big field ones, so about 5 hours of walking in total. Then we did Lidls, Aldi & the recycling centre and lunch in Morrisons which was sort of OK..... tea was just a couple of scones which were quite yummy..... I'm a bit tired tonight.

Still no news on the house front.... its a waiting game. The solicitors get richer & richer with every letter,

Some sad news, a woman up the lane said she heard distress calls from the peacock about 4 weeks ago over in the wood and then lots of red kites ducking and diving overhead. Although no trace of him, I think he has met his Waterloo which is sad as he has been with s fr nearly 10 years. It may have been a fox, or even the pine martins (who got our geese).

We never found out about the gun shots of last week end, but the shepherd has accounted for all the sheep. The travellers have moved on from the school playing field up in the village but they have left a mountain of rubbish and filth, as well as an old caravan. The field looks dreadful.

Leogirl, I use vinegar for all kinds of stings, but toothpaste is good too. Hope you are on the mend now and have a good holiday.

(((hugs)))) v x
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Aug-2019 21:53 Message #4748373
Hello leogirl,

Glad to hear you're on the mend. The headaches and feeling unsteady don't sound too good :( Hope you feel 100% soon.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Aug-2019 21:56 Message #4748374
Hello Victoriana,

Sounds as if you have had a busier day than usual. Keep the faith, the hous ewill be yours when the time is right.

Good news about the sheep, not so good about the peacock.

(((HUGS)))

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »