Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Temperature

variations

Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 11-Aug-2019 07:51 Message #4748305
I was told yesterday that the Alpaca can tolerate temperature variations from minus thirty degrees to plus thirty degrees, and that their 'coats' are hair, not fur.
Being a baldy for many years now it made me wonder whether I should get a wig - made from real hair of course - because I tend to feel the cold even when people are walking 'round in shorts.
Would you say you have a good tolerance to temperature variations or are you a hot or cold person?
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 11-Aug-2019 09:24 Message #4748313
All fur is hair. It does, like human hair, vary in quality and feel from species to species.

Wear a hat.

Trevor
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 11-Aug-2019 10:18 Message #4748316
The reason for wearing a "Tit-fer"'s far less obvious than a "syrup"
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 11-Aug-2019 11:56 Message #4748325
I much prefer cooler weather, I'm always being asked if I'm not cold, hot weather makes me feel at best uncomfortable and at worst ill.

Maybe you need a hat made of alpaca wool.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 11-Aug-2019 16:55 Message #4748347
There's only so much temperature that humans can do...Even the most extremes on Earth, Hot and Cold, and 10 degrees hotter or colder than the records recorded...and it would kill everyone more or less..

Which is why I'm a bit sceptical of going to other planets...Their temperatures are way way beyond anything that humans could survive...Some hundreds of degrees colder, some hundreds of degrees hotter...

It's bad enough getting 'British' extremes..

In the winter we heat ourselves up....In the summer we cool ourselves down.....

The thing that we heat ourselves up to...or cool ourselves down to...must be about right...
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 11-Aug-2019 18:02 Message #4748354
Even when I’m freezing my two girls are walking around in short skirts and crop tops wondering why I’m so cold.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 11-Aug-2019 20:15 Message #4748362
Most of the time I am very warm, especially in bed. Himself says I am like a hot water bottle. He 's always cold at night, due to being diabetic so it works well for us.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 12-Aug-2019 22:38 Message #4748490
I like it warm. At the "comfortable" room temp of 71F I am chilly and dressed in trousers and a woolly jumper. I didn't used to be so intolerant of cold. In my mid 30s I suffered a huge blood loss, got topped up with Hartman's, taking almost a year to properly restore my blood supply and as a result seemed to lose my inbuilt temperature control.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 13-Aug-2019 11:35 Message #4748527
Whats Hartmans?

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »