Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Magic stuff

Fool us

Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 10-Aug-2019 13:54 Message #4748228
We all know magic is just illusions and things...slight of hand...misdirection...props...all sorts...

But some do it brilliantly..

I watch quite a lot of clips of Penn and Teller Fool Us....

You probably know already...but Penn and Teller are brilliant magicians...with regular Vegas shows...They know their magic stuff.

Magicians perform in front of them and an audience...and if they fool Penn and Teller they get a trophy and get to perform on the Vegas shows.

First couple of series were presented by Jonathan Ross, but Alyson Hannigan presents now ( the actress from American Pie who says 'there was this one time, in Band Camp'...some will know that )

Anyway, some of the acts are brilliant....We know it's slight of hand...we know it's misdirection....we know it's props....but still they are brilliant...Even slowing some down...you can't see how they do it...

Do you like magic?...
Female
Cautious1954  Female  Berkshire 10-Aug-2019 15:46 Message #4748242
I couldn’t watch anything with Jonathan Ross in it but Alyson Hannigan is good and I like a bit of magic.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 10-Aug-2019 15:49 Message #4748244
Belly button fluff?

How do they do that?
You get different colours too!
Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 10-Aug-2019 19:52 Message #4748274
Youtube a guy called Liam Montier. He's pretty good!
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 10-Aug-2019 21:52 Message #4748285
I love the card & other tricks that the likes of Dynamo, Troy, Katherine Mills et al do right in front of people.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 10-Aug-2019 23:31 Message #4748293
Sir Isacc Newton's work on optics and gravitation make him one of the greatest scientists the world has ever seen and his discoveries transformed the world from being a mysterious place described through a crystal ball into a structured world described by a word we now call science. A science he, in concept, almost single handidly created ... becoming the first real scientist

What many folk don't realise is that Newton, (father of science), spent the last 20 years of his life revisiting the occult and alchemy. Words we often associate more with magic than science.

And when we contemplate the very latest understandings of our universe, where things can be in two places at once and particles can be waves and waves can be particles ... and time itself can be proved to be a fluid concept ebbing and flowing according to however something or some one is observing it ...

It begs the question ...

Was Newton actually regressing back to 'alchemy and magic' or was he, instead, beginning to appreciate and see things that we, only in this 20th - 21st century, are just beginning to recognise as quantum theory and quantum mechanics?
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 11-Aug-2019 11:38 Message #4748323
Kris Angel's good too, my ex is one of those people who see's through misdirection easily and couldn't work out how Kris Angel does his illusions.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 11-Aug-2019 16:32 Message #4748342
Just watched one on youtube called 'Daryl's ambitious card'

Unbelievable close up card magic...

Daryl died in 2017..RIP
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 11-Aug-2019 22:15 Message #4748377
have you seen the one where dynamo picks up a dead fly, brings it back to life, and it flies away ?

i know how he did it...

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »