Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

The omens!

Horse?

Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 9-Aug-2019 08:43 Message #4748052
I was in my local town centre and being an impulsive sort I thought I'd go into a bookmakers and put £2 on a horse whose name was relevant to my band. After looking at the screens I saw nothing relevant until I spotted "Jay Jay Maxes". The relevance being our drummer's initials are JJ (I call her that). I looked at form and the last 6 races it finished 6,4,1,4,2 which is almost my phone number. Omen? Surely not! I put my bet on (with 4 minutes to spare!). Went home and logged on to the 'net to see how it got on... (Pause for dramatic effect...)
No trace of a horse called Jay Jay Maxes. Hmmm. Turned out to be a greyhound! Anyway I found the meeting (Crayford) and the time (12:52) and waited for the website to update with the race result...and guess what - it won! £2 on, £8 back so I bought the lady a bottle. Nett profit for me 2p!

RbP
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 9-Aug-2019 13:40 Message #4748096
invest it wisely !
leogirl.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »