Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison to tour again together. LIVE.

Book your tickets for Octobers UK gigs now

Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 7-Aug-2019 07:12 Message #4747790
After a 3 month tour of America, Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison will be performing with a live band and backing singers at a theatre or arena near you. The basehologram website informs; “Rock ‘n’ Roll pioneers, Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly on tour together for the first time. The Rock ‘N’ Roll Dreams Tour will feature remastered audio from both legends alongside a live band and back up singers coming together in one mesmerizing night of performances.”

María Elena Holly, who still owns the rights to his name, image, trademarks, and other intellectual property, says … (Hang on. Let me find the quote online.)

From today’s Mirror

EXCLUSIVE: New technology means 50s pop star Buddy Holly will be brought back to life with a holographic world tour

Buddy Holly’s wife has spoken about being reunited with her husband as a hologram – sixty years after the "Day the Music Died."
Maria Elena Holly, now 86, had only been married for six months when her 22-year-old husband’s plane crashed, in 1959. She was later immortalised as the “widowed bride” in Don McLean’s American Pie. Now her husband is coming back to life on a worldwide tour – although she admits it will be a tear-jerking moment seeing him again.

She told the Mirror: “I feel emotional every time I see a photo of Buddy, every time I hear his songs, I think about him every day.”

Tickets on sale now.

UK Tour Dates:

October 7 - The Olympia - Dublin, Ireland
October 8 - Ulster Hall - Belfast, United Kingdom
October 10 - Utilita Arena - Newcastle, United Kingdom
October 11 - O2 Apollo - Manchester, United Kingdom
October 12 - Echo Arena - Liverpool, United Kingdom
October 13 - First Direct Arena - Leeds, United Kingdom
October 14 - Bonus Arena - Hull, United Kingdom
October 16 - Clyde Auditorium - Glasgow, United Kingdom
October 17 - Resorts World Arena - Birmingham, United Kingdom
October 18 - Bournemouth International Centre - Windsor Hall - Bournemouth, United Kingdom
October 21 - Royal Concert Hall - Nottingham, United Kingdom
October 22 - Brighton Centre - Brighton, United Kingdom
October 23 - Motorpoint Arena - Cardiff, United Kingdom
October 24 - Hammersmith Apollo - London, United Kingdom

Fascinating, eh? To be able to walk into an amphitheatre, take your seat, stretch your legs and be able to watch Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison … or Jim Morrison and The Doors … or The Beatles … performing live right before your eyes.

If you could resurrect your own holographic rave from the grave, who would you choose? Who would you pick?
Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire 7-Aug-2019 10:39 Message #4747801
I have seen all the groups I have wanted to see, including Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison.

Cannot help thinking ,having enjoyed the real thing, that I have no wish to watch holographics of them.
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 7-Aug-2019 10:52 Message #4747802
U2 used fantastic AR on their eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour. Not one to be missed if you ever get the chance.
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 7-Aug-2019 11:04 Message #4747803
You can see it using the front cover of the CD and live on youtube https://youtu.be/hovYkl3yrqc
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 7-Aug-2019 11:08 Message #4747804
The holograms used in 'Love is all we have left' were phenomenal if you ever get to see it live.
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 7-Aug-2019 11:27 Message #4747807
You have to look on youtube for others if you can be bothered. Some he was putting on virtual masks in the songs. One was based on The Joker. This was a longer one that you found yourself ducking from the holographics that were beamed into the crowd https://youtu.be/tOUtd4UKs78.
Female
alliez  Female  West Yorkshire 8-Aug-2019 19:57 Message #4747981
I went to see the Roy Orbison hologram show ... was really quite odd and actually made me giggle at times! wouldn't put me off going to see him and Buddy Holly though ...
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 8-Aug-2019 20:16 Message #4747992
Will it be called a Hollygram.
Male
Orson  Male  Tayside 8-Aug-2019 22:48 Message #4748019
What a ludicrous and rather sad notion.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 9-Aug-2019 08:12 Message #4748046
Never been a lover of Buddy Holly or Roy Orbison although do not mind some of their music
but could not go to a concert listening to their music for hours.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London 9-Aug-2019 08:29 Message #4748048
I’ve never been a lover of Christine Aguilera ... well maybe the occasional dream.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 11-Aug-2019 00:56 Message #4748297
I think I'd like a Supertramp holographic concert ... obviously while they were together - before the lawyers were involved. :-)

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »