Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

BBC 4

PC correct

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Male
barney  Male  Surrey 26-Jul-2019 13:52 Message #4746411
Couple of nights ago I started watching a programme on BBC 4.

Presenter,, 80. Old tick box.
Black gay male. Tick box.
Man in wheelchair, disabled. Tick box.
Black female. Tick box.
Man dressed as woman, Tick box.

I thought well they have covered all bases but they must have forgotten something. I was expecting a three legged dog to appear.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 26-Jul-2019 14:16 Message #4746415
I don't think I am represented on there...Where's the gingers?...

How utterly un PC can they get...
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 26-Jul-2019 14:23 Message #4746416
Nature and the animal kingdom is not PC.

Bonobo monkeys build their whole societies around unending, gratuitous sex, masturbation, mutual masturbation and a concept of using sex as a means to ask for food, to apologise, to settle disputes or to just … have sex. This behaviour wouldn’t be regarded as being very PC as far as humans were concerned.

Porcupines include ‘golden showers’ in their courtship and mating. Not a particularly PC thing to do from a human perspective. Not for most of us, anyway. And cute, lovable, spiritual dolphins? Well … they gang rape their females. And if you’re a giraffe, you have to drink your partner’s pee … cos its the law!

Me? I like particular physical attributes in a woman ...

No. I worship that particular attribute in a woman but, rather than acknowledge my natural desire, (embedded in me by nature or my DNA), to flirt, date or mate with a dreamy D or E cup Goddess, I could, instead, be regarded as being non PC … by “treating women like sex objects” for daring to admit my love or admiration of some natural, busty lass.

But how can it be wrong to be acting on your own chemistry, biology and 6 million years of evolution?

I’d say that “Not Being PC” can also be regarded as being PC … as far as wild, raucous nature is concerned.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 26-Jul-2019 14:30 Message #4746417
Actually … No.

We humans do use sex in the same way as Bonobo monkeys except that couples in a relationship in the human species tend to barter, trade and offer sex within what we would, generally, say was a monogamous relationship which, apparently, is just fine and acceptable.

Isn't it weird, though, how we humans have corralled and painted ourselves into so many corners in the , (reducing), way in which we, ourselves, find it acceptable to pursue our mating rituals?
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 26-Jul-2019 15:27 Message #4746424
Me? I like particular physical attributes in a woman ...

Most definitely preferable to those of a porcupine.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 26-Jul-2019 19:04 Message #4746449
I watch quite a lot of BBC 4 and don't recognise the program you're talking about Barney, I must watch all the boring stuff, like the history programs.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 26-Jul-2019 19:54 Message #4746458
Oh it was definitely boring wonderoushen, I only watched it for a short while.
It was called Plane spotting, part of a series.
You need to wear a anorak while watching apparently.

The Daily Telegraph called it a complete waste of licence payers money.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 26-Jul-2019 20:22 Message #4746464
tumbleweed,

That's not on, I shall write a letter to the BBC immediately.

Dear Sir,

I wish to make a complaint. During your show called Plane spotting you did not have a ginger haired presenter.
Ginger's need to be represented and I am sure Prince Harry would not be happy if he knew.
Also as the BBC is a left wing leaning organisation Vladimir Lenin, another ginger, would be turning in his grave and don't forget Neil Kinnock, although I don't think he's dead, another giant of a politician who would have been Prime Minister if the nasty Tories had not conspired against him.
I hope you will address this problem and there will be ginger's running rampant at the BBC.

Disgruntled Surrey.

Copies to the Devon Herald Express and the Guardian.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 26-Jul-2019 20:25 Message #4746465
That should tell em...it's about time we had a ginger revolution...
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 29-Jul-2019 17:47 Message #4746754
Im so sick of PC culture, or as I call it, anti straight white male culture.

On radio Clyde the other night, the GBX was on, usually George Bowie who presents it, he must have been on holiday, so they got a woman to do it..... at the end she says something like.... "The last 30 mins of the show, it's going to be dedicated to girls, we will play only girls. Girls only!"..... sexism, I hope George is back on next week and says the opposite.

Why are we compelled to be anti white male, Or PC? Are Africans having to show whites on their tv? Are Pakistanis having to hire Christians to balance out the numbers?

Not to mention if you see a couple on tv adverts now, either a white woman and a black man, or the are a gay/lesbian couple.

The Scottish police and fire and rescue are getting beyond a joke and their blatantly sexist and racist recruitment campaigns. The next stage will literately be "white males need not apply!" It is so disheartening to see such overt racism and sexism. If it was against women or blacks it simply would not be allowed, it would be stamped out immediately and millions would be spent on training to stop it happening again!

Wasn't there some labour party crap about having a woman only shortlist for a job? Utter bollocks!

Is it just a coincidence that majority of people getting stabbed to death in London are black? Same as in USA, black on black crime is high, but they won't ever address the issue of race. It's always PC approach. It's the poverty, it's the lack of opportunity for young black people, it's white supremacy! Yeah bloody right it is!

Why has it became acceptable to treat white men this way?

Then of course, pointing it out...... Racist! Misogynist!
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 29-Jul-2019 19:01 Message #4746766
The school of thought seems to be that white men have been in charge for yonks and we have made a pig's ear of it.
So, the remainder (basically anybody who isn't a white male) are being thrust into key positions to redress the balance and right the wrongs.
Sadly, organisations like the BBC seem to have gone a bit bonkers and now it appears to be more like payback time.
We are told that women in particular have been second class citizens for years, yet when you think about it, in days gone by women were treated with far more courtesy than they are now.
Men used to stand when a woman entered a room or left the table, they would help her to her seat, open doors for her and when disaster struck they would give up their life so the woman could get a seat in the lifeboat.
Rich, powerful white men would go down with the ship while the women and children were saved because it was the right thing to do.
Ironically, I would argue that in those days women were cherished far more than they are today. Still, that's progress apparently...
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 29-Jul-2019 20:58 Message #4746787
Im so sick of PC culture,

Well said Bob. I like your posts even when I disagree with your views. I do believe you really are HonestBob.
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 29-Jul-2019 22:07 Message #4746819
Beach 26-Jul-2019 14:23
Nature and the animal kingdom is not PC.

Agreed, PC is just a shield for those who wish to sling around HATE speech against people whose lifestyle they won't try to understand and are 'scared' of identifying with lest it be 'catching'.

Bonobo monkeys build their whole societies around unending, gratuitous sex,...
Recent research has cast great doubt on that (anthropomorphic) theory. It's claimed to be about grooming, consolidation the group solidarity and the 'pecking' order.

Apologies that I haven't got the Reference, yet.
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 30-Jul-2019 00:43 Message #4746844
HonestBob 29-Jul-2019 17:47
Im so sick of PC culture, or as I call it, anti straight white male culture.

I feel sorry for you - isolated in your outdated, reactionary little pod.
What do you do when you're invited to a same-sex wedding?
Do you sulk off into your 'pod' or go along and make a protest at the reception?

You reject a number of "explanations" of the causes of the evils of modern, 21st C, Society - but you don't lay-out your alternative theories.
Why?

Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 30-Jul-2019 06:21 Message #4746849
I feel sorry for you - isolated in your outdated, reactionary little pod.

A lot of people do not agree with modern thinking on many aspects of society and I’m sure most of us know instances of pc going a step too far.

I would say Bob is what many would describe as Old School. I would guess that if friends invited Bob to a same sex wedding he would attend, have a good time and wish the couple well.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 30-Jul-2019 06:47 Message #4746854
"The school of thought seems to be that white men have been in charge for yonks and we have made a pig's ear of it."

Yes, for them, I'd send them to Africa or the few of the middle eastern nations..... show them what a real pigs ear looks like.

"Rich, powerful white men would go down with the ship while the women and children were saved because it was the right thing to do."

Yes, and if the titanic sunk again tomorrow and it was majority men who survived..... they would be branded cowards by the same fat, green haired, ugly women who scream for "more equality". If the same fat, green haired, ugly women were on said titanic..... it would be women first of course. Men really need a revolt against this carry on. Women will be women and act like it, or they will be treated like men. That would soon bring women into line I believe, as most women, have no idea how good they have it/had it as you say.

"Sadly, organisations like the BBC seem to have gone a bit bonkers and now it appears to be more like payback time."

Same with the slavery in the USA..... all white men must pay back for the actions of a few at the top of the pyramid.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 30-Jul-2019 06:50 Message #4746855
"Well said Bob. I like your posts even when I disagree with your views. I do believe you really are HonestBob."

Thank you ever so much. You really are...... orWot! Hahahaha
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 30-Jul-2019 07:00 Message #4746857
"I feel sorry for you - isolated in your outdated, reactionary little pod."

I'm not isolated, plenty of people feel the way I do about the anti white male, sorry PC culture that is crippling society at the moment.

"What do you do when you're invited to a same-sex wedding?"

The same thing I'd do if I was invited to a heterosexual wedding..... think of an excuse not to go! Despite what tv, adverts, political movements ect may lead you to believe, gays are actually a very small percentage of the population. However, your question was running with the theory that I'm homophobic...... my brother is gay, he lives in my house, so I frequently have a "same sex" couple, as you label them, in my house. In fact G2BW, on Wednesday night, it's my youngest brothers birthday dinner, and in my house I'll have a same sex couple, an interracial couple, and two mixed race kids! I better go take down my Nazi, Trump and confederate flags.

"You reject a number of "explanations" of the causes of the evils of modern, 21st C, Society - but you don't lay-out your alternative theories.
Why?"

If this question is directed at me..... as with most of your posts I haven't got a clue what you're talking about.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 30-Jul-2019 07:04 Message #4746858
"I would guess that if friends invited Bob to a same sex wedding he would attend, have a good time and wish the couple well."

Well I'd probably attend..... have a good time? Well..... weddings aren't my thing, wether it's two men, two women, two polygendered outward identifying mutligenitaliad trans.... what ever I'd still not enjoy it lol
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 30-Jul-2019 17:53 Message #4746961
HotOrWot 30-Jul-2019 06:21
I would guess that if friends invited Bob to a same sex wedding he would attend, have a good time and wish the couple well.

Not content with plagiarizing others' work, you've now moved on to treating people as ventriloquists' dummies.

Gottle uv Gear
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 30-Jul-2019 18:34 Message #4746964
You are silly boy/girl or whatever Good2BWith. Perhaps you would explain why you think I have treated someone like a ventriloquists dummy and more importantly who that someone is.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 30-Jul-2019 18:53 Message #4746968
Is it Orville?
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 30-Jul-2019 19:50 Message #4746971
whoosh! The OP has gone right over my head. And the problem is?
Maybe I am a bit old fashioned in that I see people as individuals, not for what they might represent for others.
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 30-Jul-2019 20:24 Message #4746976
Minnie-the-Minx: What does "OP" stand for? Is it a derogatory use of name calling (Bulying)? I didn't see you as that kind of person, if so.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 30-Jul-2019 20:40 Message #4746978
WTF?

Why is your world all about you?

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »