Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Bonfires.

Do you have them?

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 14-Jul-2019 08:16 Message #4745013
Almost all year round I see complaints about bonfires being lit too early, too late, on sunny days so when is best? Should they be banned?
Female
KatieBubbles  Female  West Sussex 14-Jul-2019 10:08 Message #4745031
A neighbour of mine lit his bonfire about 11pm in the evening and by morning had been complained about on Facebook with some comments being quite nasty mostly as it was a warm evening and folk were sleeping with their windows open.
He did post a reply saying he was trying to be thoughtful and not have a bonfire during the day when washing was out and neighbours had windows open.
No answer to it unless we don’t have bonfires at all.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 14-Jul-2019 10:22 Message #4745034
I've noticed that a lot of people seem to sneak one in around early November time...I haven't quite got t'reason of it yet, but it seems to involve some sort of plot..
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 14-Jul-2019 13:16 Message #4745068
Sometimes have a bonfire, but not often and not a large one, we don't seem to have so many of them around here, maybe because the recycling is so good here?

For me its not bonfires that annoy me but BBQs, I've just put my washing out and someone lights a BBQ and the washing has to come in again or it smells of burnt sausages. Luckily the prevailing wind usually takes the smell away from us, when it dosen't the doors and windows have to stay shut and I have to stay inside as the smell of them makes me feel really sick.
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire 14-Jul-2019 15:01 Message #4745081
I like the smell of BBQs but wouldn’t want it drifting through my washing on the line.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 14-Jul-2019 21:09 Message #4745113
Yes often on a cold winters night, nothing better than outside as night falls with a wood fire and a beer, totally chilling lol
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 14-Jul-2019 22:14 Message #4745130
Good shout euro. Don’t suppose you do a hot tub too? ;)
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 14-Jul-2019 22:18 Message #4745132
Nooo I,m not into hot tubs since I accidentally smashed a wine glass in one, messy..lol
Male
Templar2013  Male  South East London 18-Jul-2019 10:28 Message #4745453
Facebook moaners are inundating threads with complaints of bonfires, probably when they can't find any badly parked cars or dog poo on the streets. A lot of local authorities are charging to take some types of rubbish to the tip so I guess that will mean more bonfires and more fly tipping.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »