Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Labour anti-Semitism backlash after shock claims

1 2 3 Next >  Last >> 

Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 11-Jul-2019 21:40 Message #4744623
THE LABOUR PARTY has been plunged into further crisis following a huge backlash over its handling of anti-Semitism allegations, revealed in an explosive BBC Panorama documentary.

In the one-hour special, senior Labour figures were accused of interfering with the disciplinary process - something Labour has denied. The damning documentary saw the party condemned from all angles on social media, including from its own MPs. To make matters worse, the Labour Party’s Twitter account was also briefly hacked. The hacked post from the Labour Party press team read: “There we have it folks, proof if any was needed that the Labour Party IS institutionally racist and will not be until Corbyn and his cronies go #EnoughUsEnough #Panorama.”

Corbyn and his cronies must go.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 11-Jul-2019 21:53 Message #4744628
The hacked post from the Labour Party press team read: “There we have it folks, proof if any was needed that the Labour Party IS institutionally racist and will not be until Corbyn and his cronies go #EnoughUsEnough #Panorama.”

More evidence of the depths the Labour Party has sunk to.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 12-Jul-2019 06:09 Message #4744680
Labour then swiftly deleted the post and said: “This account was briefly hacked. It has now been re-secured.”

In the documentary a total of eight former Labour officials spoke to Panorama, warning the Labour leaders office was “angry and obstructive” when it came to anti-Semitism cases.

Labour has denied the accusations and stated “the rate at which anti-Semitism cases have been dealt with has increased four-fold”.

It’s worrying that the problem of anti-Semitism within the Labour Party is so enormous that they need to increase the rate of cases being dealt with four-fold and even more worrying that having increased the cases being dealt with four-fold the anti-Semitism is so rife. Maybe too rife to ever change.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 12-Jul-2019 10:46 Message #4744708
Labour then swiftly deleted the post and said: “This account was briefly hacked. It has now been re-secured.”

That must be the first time Labour has moved swiftly since Corbyn has been in charge.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 12-Jul-2019 10:58 Message #4744715
Wow, just thought I would put this out there to indicate what weird times we are living in.
This is Yorkshire we are talking about...

Bridlington North (East Riding of Yorkshire) result:

LDEM: 42.7% (+42.7)
CON: 26.6% (-44.5)
YORK: 11.4% (+11.4)
UKIP: 6.4% (+6.4)
LAB: 4.4% (-24.5)
IND (Dixon): 4.1% (+4.1)
IND (Robson): 2.5% (+2.5)
IND (Milns): 1.9% (+1.9)

Liberal Democrat GAIN from Conservative.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 12-Jul-2019 11:46 Message #4744730
I see civil war is breaking out within the Labour party over all of this, Dianne Abacus is calling for Deputy Leader Tom Watson to quit...
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 12-Jul-2019 11:52 Message #4744733
In the Daily Wail, no doubt.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 12-Jul-2019 12:45 Message #4744748
I see civil war is breaking out within the Labour party over all of this, Dianne Abacus is calling for Deputy Leader Tom Watson to quit...

That doesn't surprise me, although I don;t think Dianne could ever surprise me, as Tom Watson is one of the few members of Labour with coherent ideas and showing any intelligence.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 12-Jul-2019 12:57 Message #4744751
Indeed, to a Labour phobe such as myself, Watson actually comes across as a sensible moderate person who doesn't seem to be infected with the same rampant nastiness and jealousy that the hard left are famous for.
As you would expect, Corbyn's gang have rounded on Watson - one can only wonder how such a toxic relationship is expected to continue when Watson is being excluded in so many ways.
Presumably, they keep Watson as deputy leader to keep the more moderate side of the party happy - he seems to be Corbyn's deputy in name only...
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 13-Jul-2019 20:31 Message #4744980
Just watching a video of bonehead Len McCluskey telling Tom Watson he should be fucking ashamed of himself, highlights how angry the left really are.
Do we really want these chip on the shoulder knobheads running this country?...
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 13-Jul-2019 21:53 Message #4744988
Just watching a video of bonehead Len McCluskey telling Tom Watson he should be fucking ashamed of himself, highlights how angry the left really are.
Do we really want these chip on the shoulder knobheads running this country?...

I understand your anger. We have a lot of non caring politicians in this country but people like McCluskey really do the most harm to the vulnerable.
Male
omarrk  Male  Middlesex 16-Jul-2019 22:27 Message #4745298
The people who accuse the Labour Party of anti-semitism are themselves the biggest anti- Semites. They support the anti-Semites in Israel who murder the true Semites. Corbin is being vilified because he stands with the true Semites.

Israel is a disgusting racist, apartheid , anti-Semitic and a terrorist state, if someone is going to defend Israel then they should familiar themselves first with the terrorism it has inflicted on to the true Semites.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 16-Jul-2019 22:49 Message #4745300
Welcome back to the forum omarrk you have been greatly missed as you speak so much good sense that many can’t see.
You post is a breath of fresh air after weeks of peace and quiet on here which must have been driving many insane.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 16-Jul-2019 23:44 Message #4745307
Yes welcome back Omarrk, you have been missed.
See you enjoyed the cricket, yes England are world champions.
Watch out for Trolls on the site, and people setting traps.

Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 17-Jul-2019 03:38 Message #4745309
MrQuiet 11-Jul-2019 21:40
THE LABOUR PARTY has been plunged into further crisis following a huge backlash over ...

Plagiarizm, plain and simple - lifted from a newspaper and not attributed by you.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 17-Jul-2019 05:53 Message #4745310
Plagiarism? Well I never heard such a thing. You poor love.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 17-Jul-2019 05:55 Message #4745311
It’s good to know omarrk and so many others enjoyed what has been some superb cricket. Watch out for trolls and keep an eye on the silly mid off.
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 17-Jul-2019 08:10 Message #4745318
HotOrWot 11-Jul-2019 21:53
The hacked post from the Labour Party press team read: “There we have it folks, proof if any was needed that the Labour Party IS institutionally racist and will not be until Corbyn and his cronies go #EnoughUsEnough #Panorama.”

More evidence of the depths the Labour Party has sunk to.
===
As you report in your post, this was a lie placed by elements of those desperate to stop a Left of Centre party from:
1.0 Gaining full and unfettered access to the results of the last three Tory led Administrations selling off vast parts of OUR economy to foreign, and hostile, powers
2.0 STOPPing the financial madness of UK leaving the EU without a "Deal" and falling under the control of Mr Trump's US/A.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 17-Jul-2019 08:14 Message #4745319
Yes welcome back Omarrk, you have been missed.
See you enjoyed the cricket, yes England are world champions.
Watch out for Trolls on the site, and people setting traps.

traps within traps like a russian doll.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 17-Jul-2019 08:15 Message #4745320
It’s good to know omarrk and so many others enjoyed what has been some superb cricket. Watch out for trolls and keep an eye on the silly mid off.

Oh no they have infiltrated the silly mid off.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 17-Jul-2019 09:12 Message #4745326
And now Labour peers have taken out an advert in the Guardian to call Corbyn out - mainly because they can't be deselected like MP's.
The Labour party is tearing itself apart because the hard left won't budge an inch, think they are right and resent anybody even with a slightly different view. One wonders how long Corbyn will last or how long before Labour splits in two.
Please, please God let people see sense and not allow these clowns anywhere near the levers of power - the Tories have been crap but this lot can't even operate as an opposition...
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 17-Jul-2019 10:32 Message #4745327
How predictable you lot are, scared stiff of Jeremy Corbyn even though you have the worst government we have ever had, and with Bonzo or Runt waiting in the wings it ain’t gonna get better.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 17-Jul-2019 10:46 Message #4745331
The first sensible thing you have said - yes I am scared stiff of Corbyn ever getting into power, but not for the reasons you think.
Don't you think it's slightly concerning that many "poor" people are scared stiff of a Corbyn government, the very people that he and Labour are supposed to be rooting for?
Well, of course you don't because left wingers refuse to even contemplate any other view...
Male
Templar2013  Male  South East London 17-Jul-2019 10:54 Message #4745332
It's very easy to accuse anyone not liking Corbyn as far right or unwilling to see the light but the truth is, as heirophant says, it's also the poor, the working classes and many in the Labour party itself who are afraid of a Corbyn government and afraid of a party with a leader who allows such anti-Semitism which surely nobody can continue to defend with so much evidence coming out.
I have no objections to a Labour government. I'm not very keen on a Conservative government. I would want neither if Corbyn or Johnson are all we have to show as party leaders.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 17-Jul-2019 10:56 Message #4745333
H, are you a Daily Mail reader, if not it’s very uncanny, your government have proved how inept they are at running the country, Ommark made a statement in this post, I suggest you read and digest it,
I don’t usually agree with him but this time he’s spot on.

1 2 3 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »