Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Felix

the cat

Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 10-Jul-2019 08:47 Message #4744366
Our local railway station has a celebrity, a cat called Felix. She (her name was given before anyone realised she was a she) has a worldwide following having had a calendar done and two books written about her raising much money for local charities.

Just wondered if there are any famous creatures from your neck of the woods?
Male
Templar2013  Male  South East London 10-Jul-2019 08:54 Message #4744368
We do have a celebrity cat who is always outside Waitrose and around the trolley area. I can't remember his name but he is followed on Facebook by a lot of locals. Not as famous as Felix.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 10-Jul-2019 12:24 Message #4744390
I read a book about Felix, what a lovely cat she is too. I remember the huge cat that used to live in the ladies toilets at Paddington Station. I don't think we have any famous animals here.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 10-Jul-2019 14:32 Message #4744432
There is a donkey in a field just outside the main town and it is very well known. School kids make a fuss of it every morning and again the afternoon. You would think the poor animal would get fed up and hide but it loves it's stardom and always makes straight for the kids or anyone else paying it attention.
It's known as Jack but I don't think that is it's real name.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 10-Jul-2019 14:41 Message #4744434
As in Ass I presume heehaw.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 13-Jul-2019 18:11 Message #4744956
As in Ass I presume heehaw.

Anything else would surprise me lol.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 13-Jul-2019 18:19 Message #4744961
I have seen Felix on the local news.
Some of the newsreaders use the train, and know Felix.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »