Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

SHALLOW APATHY

Self ego related meaningless

Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 10-Jul-2019 08:36 Message #4744365
There's a place for all in society. Even those who perfer to ignore the suffering of others. Selfishness is a state of growth. Ignorance is a disadvantage to growth. BE KIND TO THE IGNORANT
Male
Neros1954  Male  Devon 10-Jul-2019 09:03 Message #4744370
I find the way you express yourself is sometimes difficult to understand and know precisely the point you are making.

Of course we should be kind to the ignorant, the selfish, the clever and not so clever, those who's opinions we do not agree with as well as those with similar thought. We should not create artifical divisions between ourselves and others whether by politics, wealth or social preferences so perhaps you should just say BE KIND TO EVERYONE

I believe we are all equal and hate the artificial devisions put up to make us appear superior to others.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 10-Jul-2019 12:05 Message #4744386
dont feed the troll...
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 11-Jul-2019 10:56 Message #4744537
Good point NEROS. Indeed we should be KIND TO EVERYONE
But how do we avoid reacting to people who support selfishness and cruelty to the less privileged? Even though they are just parroting ideological views. I struggle with returning kindness to selfishness. Without challenging the indoctrinated views, then what you allow will continue.
Male
Michaelt  Male  Devon 27-Jul-2019 14:07 Message #4746542
fosy , It seems there are so many people like you on this site who absolutely take a delight in rubbishing everything they say, just because they say something important, informative, and interesting.

If all that's in your mind is the smallest of small talk, then go somewhere else on this form and talk about the weather and such like.

I think its sad when anybody raises any worthwhile issue, only to be called a troll by anybody else, dont you ?
Male
Michaelt  Male  Devon 27-Jul-2019 14:08 Message #4746543
fosy , It seems there are so many people like you on this site who absolutely take a delight in rubbishing everything they say, just because they say something important, informative, and interesting.

If all that's in your mind is the smallest of small talk, then go somewhere else on this form and talk about the weather and such like.

I think its sad when anybody raises any worthwhile issue, only to be called a troll by anybody else, dont you ?
Male
Templar2013  Male  South East London 27-Jul-2019 15:09 Message #4746551
Michael. Haven't you just rubbished fosy's post? Live and let live. He is entitled to his opinion as we all are. The trolls have become a real nuisance driving others away from the forum so it is no suprise that others are angry at times. I'm not accusing anyone of being a troll but defending the principle of free speech.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 27-Jul-2019 15:20 Message #4746552
A thread in my honour?

Witheflow ... You shouldn't have.

Beach blushes

xx
Male
InSanityClaus  Male  Cornwall 28-Jul-2019 15:54 Message #4746648
I find no one really cares about apathy these days
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 28-Jul-2019 16:01 Message #4746651
Michaelt,

"I think its sad when anybody raises any worthwhile issue, only to be called a troll by anybody else, dont you ? "

No, not when they insult people and steal images of other people to use for their own ends.

then of course, there are the once banned returnee,s...any idea who im referring to ?
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 28-Jul-2019 18:12 Message #4746672
No, not when they insult people and steal images of other people to use for their own ends.

Surely not!

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »