Conversation Health and Wellbeing
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sleep Apnoea

Yawn

Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 9-Jul-2019 13:44 Message #4744267
I have been to the hospital and tested for sleep apnoea, apparently people suffering with this wake up umpteen times a night and make noisy bedmates, anyone else suffer from this.
Male
Helper icon Helper
Chris2mates  Male  Lancashire 9-Jul-2019 20:36 Message #4744309
Yea me - for the past 18 years. However, it's not a problem. Once you get used to using the machine you get your energy back!

You happen to live with easy access to the best sleep apnea hospital at Wythenshawe. Beware though that if sleep apnea is diagnosed you stand to have your driving license suspended until you get the okay from the hospital that you are under treatment.

Good luck - and don't worry. It's all manageable.
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 9-Jul-2019 21:49 Message #4744312
I'm meeting far more people with this condition, and the effects vary a heck of a lot from mild to very severe; apparently it's sometimes diagnosed as a cause for other issues people have trouble with.
Perhaps sleep apnoea is becoming more widespread?
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 9-Jul-2019 21:50 Message #4744313
Hey Mancers Chris is right.

My mate had to sit in a comfy chair for 2 hours, and was forced to listen to classical music.
He had to stay awake, or lose his licence!
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 9-Jul-2019 22:30 Message #4744316
Any illnesses involving sleep or lack of it affect so many other aspects of your life v
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 10-Jul-2019 10:29 Message #4744379
Thanks for the in put , it seems to be a lot better now that I rarely drink alcohol, lived with it for a loot of years so a few visits to the hospital won’t harm me.
A rousing chorus of Beethoven’s 9th would keep me awake Not Hermit. :0)
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 4-Sep-2019 12:07 Message #4750816
Update, received my gimp mask at the hospital ,it’s connected to a small machine thingy that constantly blows air into you mouth to keep your air ways open while you sleep.
Night one wasn’t too bad and I do feel more lively today, so we’ll have to wait and see, but I feel more positive now that my tiredness will be in the past.
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 4-Sep-2019 23:59 Message #4750948
It can be very serious. I don't have it, but an ex-boyfriend died as a result of it. He was only 32 y.o, fit and healthy: sensibly went to gym, was vegetarian, didn't smoke, didn't drink alcohol, and a doctor himself. One night he went to sleep and never woke up again: he had stopped breathing whilst in 'deep sleep', this caused cardiac arrest, as his level of sleep was too deep for any of the trauma to bring him to consciousness. Shocking.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »