Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Strait jackets...

Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 9-Jul-2019 00:19 Message #4744233
Amazon are currently allowing strait jackets to be sold for use on dementia patients. How can there be such rationale for them still to be the for sale?
The change campaign can be found at...
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 9-Jul-2019 00:19 Message #4744234
https://bit.ly/2Jn5dQn
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 9-Jul-2019 13:49 Message #4744269
It's a prep. for when the Tories sell OUR NHS to Mr Trump and his asset strippers.

(Ex) "Doctor" Andrew Wakefield will be made CEO of what is left of THEIR NHS with a remit to dismantle Acute hospitals and replace them with mobile treatment facilities (Caravans) placed in Pay to Park carparks.
Fees will be Cash only, payable in advance of the consultation.
That minimum "Deposit" will be £2 000 with any excess held in a Slush fund pending the patient's next consultation.
Homoeopathic cures, herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage, exercise, cupping and dietary therapy will be the only treatments available to NHS patients.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 9-Jul-2019 14:07 Message #4744277
On a serious note brisinger I agree with you. It sounds a dangerous practise for those medically untrained to be even contemplating such action although I don’t know much about restraining patients and the reasons why.
I do know it is something impossible to stop now we have the internet. Even if a law was passed they would just call it something else and continue to sell them.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 9-Jul-2019 15:25 Message #4744285
Probably a market for them in the sex dungeons. They must get them from somewhere.
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 9-Jul-2019 23:22 Message #4744325
MrQuiet Sex icon 9-Jul-2019 14:07
On a serious note brisinger I agree with you. It sounds a dangerous ...

1.0 Have you read Dean JONATHAN SWIFT's :
"A Modest Proposal for Preventing the Children of Poor People from Being a Burthen to their Parents, or the Country, and for Making them Beneficial to the Publick." ?

2.0 Also on a serious note:
2.1 (Ex) 'Dr' Wakefield did set up caravans in car parks in UK to administer, for a fee, single, separate shots of the NICE & BMC approved combined MMR vax.
2.2 Those few parents who realized that a second set of Vaxx was needed found that they couldn't find the roving caravans again.
Why?
Because Mr W had done a runner to the US/A to make an even larger fortune than he'd started in UK.

3.0 NHS England (NHSE) is handing £75 bn/a to the GP run, privatized CCGs who are outsourcing work, that was cross-subsidizing very expensive work in NHS Acute hospitals, to their cut-price, no-ICU, chums in the private sector.
3.1 That means that NHS hospitals are having to close vital sections or amalgamate with another Trust and close down to remain financially viable = major travel disruption to Consultants etc, and Patients and visitors.

Perhaps my 'omage, in a modest way, to Dean Swift, isn't all that far from the on-coming reality grinding its grizzly way towards us.
Male
Gone_fishing  Male  Dorset 10-Jul-2019 00:49 Message #4744333
DANGEROUS ANIMALS.. Please do not feed the trolls
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 12-Jul-2019 01:12 Message #4744673
Trolls? Que?!
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 12-Jul-2019 01:27 Message #4744674
At the time of the OP Amazon Marketplace were selling these products. However, after pressure they released a statement saying that they would be removing them, which to their credit they subsequently did.
Female
wholelottakaren  Female  Lincolnshire 12-Jul-2019 17:09 Message #4744766
I was appalled when I saw the stuff on sale and signed the petition. Restraint techniques such as respect have to be learned and used properly.
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 12-Jul-2019 17:22 Message #4744768
Beach 10-Jul-2019 00:49
DANGEROUS ANIMALS.. Please do not feed the trolls

Congratulations on your steady progress to your version of a Final Solution for the now unwanted burden on people such as yourself
1.0 Identify "The Other"
2.0 Stigmatize them - Untermenschen is widely accepted by your Far-Right comrades
3.0 Refer to them as Animals
4.0 Call them Vermin - cockroaches is a popular term.
5.0 To protect Humans, corral these vermin with 450 V wire-fences and armed guards
Male
Templar2013  Male  South East London 12-Jul-2019 17:42 Message #4744771
Good for you brisinger and well done. It shows the ordinary person can make a difference if they behave intelligently and are willing to do the work.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 12-Jul-2019 21:30 Message #4744806
Yes well done bris.
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 12-Jul-2019 22:30 Message #4744828
I'll give Beach the benefit of the doubt he mis-posted otherwise it would make him a classic definition of a psychopath. Someone who lacks empathy and remorse, feel emotion only shallowly with egotistical traits.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »