Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

My browser says

Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 8-Jul-2019 07:04 Message #4744180
It's statisticly proven going outside to watch the sunrise will help you have a better day.

And a nap in the afternoon

Or words to that effect. I quite like that, especially the nap thing.
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire 8-Jul-2019 07:21 Message #4744183
Yes to both of those terry. My dog fits in with my life nicely too as he likes to wake up with me and watch the sun rise and have a nap in the afternoon.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 9-Jul-2019 12:00 Message #4744257
The only time I ever see the dawn is if I've been up all night or have got up to go to the loo. I'm definately an owl rather than a lark and anyone trying to wake me before the day is in double figures is likely to get a mouthful of words with lots of "FF's" in them and maybe even physical violence. I never sleep in the middle of the day unless I'm ill, I find I wake up feeling groggy and hungover even though I've done nothing to get hungover on.
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 9-Jul-2019 13:15 Message #4744262
The essence of a mid-day kip is a Minimum of 20 mins & a Max of 40 mins.
It's claimed that this does not enable one to go into REM / Deep sleep (And possible dreaming).
It's claimed that going into REM sleep, except overnight, will lead to that hungover feeling also known as Sleep Inertia.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »