Conversation Health and Wellbeing
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

while

i was away

Female
shewolf  Female  Somerset 6-Jul-2019 00:18 Message #4743857
while I was away on my holiday to devon seeing my daughter I suffered a heart attack and I have never felt pain like it and found it hard to breath very scary so now im going to change my life style I don't smoke and last boozy drink I had was 2 Christmases ago so any good ideas for healthy ,meals wound be gratefully accepted
Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire 6-Jul-2019 07:48 Message #4743887
If you have had a heart attack proper, you will most likely have been to hospital and had angiogram, angioplasty and been fitted with a stent or two. from then on ,its just a case of being sensible and eating with care, not too many high cholesterol foods but still taking all things in moderation , as well as treating yourself to whatever you want now and again.
Balls to having to eat only vegan foods or only vegetarian, life is for living.
Female
hiphop  Female  Staffordshire 6-Jul-2019 23:41 Message #4743983
visiting your daughter? Why does your profile say you don’t have children then? Something not right.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 7-Jul-2019 09:10 Message #4744008
Shewolf has been a regular and valued contributor to these pages for more years than I care to remember, hiphop, so I'm perplexed to read your disingenuous comment.

In any event, leaving SW out of it, I'm sure you will find that any member of any online forum, (or similar site), is entitled to reveal or hide whatever personal information they feel is appropriate, according to their own discretion.

Actually, to reinforce my previous point, (above), I note that you, hiphop, do not actually reveal anything at all on your own profile's main page which, I imagine, could be construed as being not right either when it comes to others judging your own Midsummer self summary.

In fact, you are showing all the signs of proving to be a mischief maker by having ALL of your own profile's visual, readable, site features dialed back and / or switched off and I'm guessing we'll be seeing more of your perplexing behaviour in the future.

Until then …

"Happy Schadenfreudes Day"
Female
Sea Urchin  Female  Essex 7-Jul-2019 09:35 Message #4744013
Hi Shewolf, Really sorry to hear that you suffered a heart attack. Hope you are well on the mend. I always start the day with what I think is a healthy breakfast of fresh fruit muesli. It is a combintion of fresh fruits whatever is in season. I normally mix three or four from apple, banana, peaches, nectarines, appricots, strawberries, or any berries, or grapes. Can be anything you like. I then add some jumbo oats, about a teaspoon of honey and some cinnamon and mix all this up with some natural yogurt. It is then sprinkled with some chopped nuts and seeds on top. I do find it quite filling and a good start for the day. Hope that helps?
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 7-Jul-2019 09:40 Message #4744015
Hi Shewolf .
My sister had a heart attack about 12 months ago, she had a stent fitted to open the blood flow and apart from having to take copious amounts of pills is doing well, obviously she has to cut down on fatty foods etc. stay positive and follow the hospitals orders and all should be well.

mancers
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 7-Jul-2019 09:54 Message #4744019
Just to clarify I meant to rate a message excellent and to my shock and horror pressed the wrong one it begins with h. I nearly choked on my cornflakes.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 7-Jul-2019 10:05 Message #4744026
My recent severe anxiety attacks, (of 2016 - 2018), were entirely centred on my irrational fear that there was something wrong with my heart and I was prescribed beta blockers, just to take the edge off of such anxieties … and the treatment worked, (it must have), because, prior, there would have been no way on this earth that I would have ever even allowed myself to engage in a conversation relating to these particular heart matters.

My 'heart problem' actually lay … in my head … not my chest!

What I can relate as some kind of positive, uplifting news is that my father had an attack, probably, more than 30 years ago, yet after routine heart surgery, he has gone on to live, (so far), till the age of 89 and heart issues are, currently, the least of his immediate concerns. (Dementia being more a challenging ailment these days).

Exercise proved to be the solution for my father.

Apparently, regular, (prescribed), exercise rebuilt and reinforced parts of Dad's heart enough to give him that extra 25 - 30 years of longevity he has enjoyed since the original incident.

That's quite an amazing fact though while, perhaps, that solution or approach, (after surgery), suited my father, I appreciate that everyone's case may be different.

Soberly, I'd add, SW … Shouldn't you be asking the doctor about these matters … rather than asking a Midsummer forum?
Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire 7-Jul-2019 11:03 Message #4744031
If shewolf has not been seen by a paramedic yet, she needs to get sorted without fail, an attack is usually just the first warning and the next might prove fatal.
Male
Neros1954  Male  Devon 7-Jul-2019 11:07 Message #4744035
That’s awful and frightening shewolf. It seems you lead a fairly healthy lifestyle but it’s a good idea asking about ideas for meals. I wish I could help but I’m hopeless myself when it comes to food.
Female
Helper icon Helper
PrincessFruitBat  Female  Essex 7-Jul-2019 11:11 Message #4744038
Sorry to hear about your heart attack shewolf. It’s not a great thing to happen when you are on holiday but at least your daughter was on hand. Heart problems run in my family and the main advice they follow regarding food is to stay away from saturated fats such as cheese and fatty meat, eat plenty of vegetables and lots of oily fish.

Have you checked out The British Heart Foundation? As well as publishing advice leaflets, they have masses of dietary advice online. Try putting “Bhf diet” into google. There is lots of info.

Good luck, I wish you well.
Female
shewolf  Female  Somerset 11-Jul-2019 22:28 Message #4744638
right first of all thankyou Beach for what you said about me and another member on this site yes I had a heart attack proper I was in hospital 6 days in which I had stents fitted and other things don't inside my veins don't know how to spell what it was so wont even try
As far as my children go I don't know why it say I don't have any im sure I wrote 2 before I would not leave them out of my profile info Im very proud of both and want the world to know I just think hip hop was having a bad day and wanted someone to nag at so I guess I was a service to her that day
and as I update still very sleepy and slightly breathless so I guess keep taking tablets and having reg E C G s now I will hopefully get better in time
Female
shewolf  Female  Somerset 11-Jul-2019 22:29 Message #4744639
thankyou princess will do that right now
Female
shewolf  Female  Somerset 11-Jul-2019 22:31 Message #4744640
zodiac I was rushed into hospital blue lights and noise all the way

Female
shewolf  Female  Somerset 11-Jul-2019 22:41 Message #4744642
just looked into changing my profile about my kids but I guess they don't show up is because they have both left home as that's the only thing that was near what I wanted to say and they are both happy and settled my son is 30 in November and my daughter is 25 in December
and yes on the 20th of this month july I do indeed turn 50
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 11-Jul-2019 22:53 Message #4744644
Hope you feel better soon...

The diet part is the hardest part for me...I've always liked unhealthy food..

I haven't had any alcohol since 2015, although the heart nurse has said that I could have a small amount if I felt like it...I haven't felt like it, so have stayed off.

Originally eating wasn't a problem, as the appetite wasn't there...I was eating a lot of grapes for the first month or two...until I went off grapes...I often do that with certain foods...eat it everyday, until I get fed up with it...

A Mediterranean diet is meant to be good...Too many olives for me though...I can't see the point in eating olives...Hoping you are different...

My heart is getting better and stronger, with all the pills doing their bit, and the heart responding well to the electric shock treatment..the cardioversion...

The trouble I find though is my mindset...When my appetite is there, I love eating all the bad stuff..You get a bit overconfident with it..oh I can eat this, as I am getting better...but I'm only getting better because the pills are holding me together.

Some of the pills have side effects, but changing can cause other side effects...I had to change the Ramipril to Losartan...I wanted to change the blood thinner, but haven't done it yet..The one I'm on Rivaroxaban is supposedly better than warfarin..and all the others have their own effects...stomach issues, extreme tiredness, dizzyness, all sorts...

The good thing is, I can take it easy...do things at my own pace...not have to worry about chasing around...Hopefully you can too...
Female
shewolf  Female  Somerset 13-Jul-2019 21:53 Message #4744987
asprin is my blood thinner I was on injections in the belly when I was in hospital which gave me big purple bruises but they have died down since I been home but honestly im on so many tablets including the ones I was taking before the attack that if you shake me up and down I would rattle ,
Thank you everyone for your advice and well wishes

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »