Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Fly with The CANARY

... for a refreshing view of News & Current Affairs.

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 5-Jul-2019 21:31 Message #4743805
Fly with The CANARY ... for a refreshing view of News & Current Affairs.

Just type THECANARY into your Search Engine and let me know what you think, please.
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 5-Jul-2019 21:35 Message #4743807
I came in "Thru' the Bathroom Window"

A 2019 survey by the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism found that The Canary was trusted by its readers more than publications such as Buzzfeed News, the Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, HuffPost, The Independent, Sun and regional press, and almost equal to the Daily Telegraph

Mind you - that was taken from The Canary's web site
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 5-Jul-2019 21:38 Message #4743808
Don't be absurd.

I can tolerate/ignore your vitriol here at MSE but I am never going to voluntarily read more of the same elsewhere.
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 5-Jul-2019 22:13 Message #4743819
And what pH do you consider your postings are?

Have you had previous experience of The Canary, or
"I've never read it 'coz I KNOW that I wouldn't like it without reading it."?
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 5-Jul-2019 22:52 Message #4743837
so here's the question...

has everyone made a will ?
have you tied up all the loose ends ?
have you nominated a power of attorney ?
to be buried or burned ?

ok, so its four questions ;¬)

me, i have done the will including leaving legacies, loose ends sorted, they can "burn me up scotty" but no p.o.a. yet.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 5-Jul-2019 23:19 Message #4743847
That's all you have, troll, isn't it?

I mean; intellectually, you are impotent ... unable to expand or open up any genuine, true, debate or argument.

All you have ... all you show ... all you can muster is ... an immature, schoolboy style response accompanied by a spiteful childish rasp of indignation. A faux indignation you have prompted prior by encouraging others to challenge you ... such is your disturbing need for virtual confrontation and attention.

And, aside from the mundane, unimaginative, formulaic insults you fire back in a sentence or two ... you have little of worth, substance or merit to expand any of the themes you claim you wish to highlight or discuss.

I'll not play that hateful ping pong game with you ...

In fact, troll, you and I will never be communicating with each other again.

And there were the three or four of you thinking you'd snared someone new to insult on the threads.

I'm such a tease xx
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 5-Jul-2019 23:23 Message #4743849
good one beach !

so, back on topic, who,s not got a will ?
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 6-Jul-2019 07:32 Message #4743880
Beach 5-Jul-2019 23:19

I mean; intellectually, you are impotent ... unable to expand or open up any genuine, true, debate or argument.

All you have ... all you show ... all you can muster is ... an immature, schoolboy style response accompanied by a spiteful childish rasp of indignation. A faux indignation you have prompted prior by encouraging others to challenge you ... such is your disturbing need for virtual confrontation and attention.

And, aside from the mundane, unimaginative, formulaic insults you fire back in a sentence or two ... you have little of worth, substance or merit to expand any of the themes you claim you wish to highlight or discuss.

And there were the three or four of you thinking you'd snared someone new to insult on the threads.

I'm such a tease xx
=== ---
You are perhaps being rather hard on poor Fuzzy for posting his latest in the wrong Thread?
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 6-Jul-2019 07:41 Message #4743882
The Canary is a far left site peddling Corbyn compliments and criticising everything right of centre. A boring and very biased site.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 6-Jul-2019 07:42 Message #4743883

I'm such a tease xx

You are indeed.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 6-Jul-2019 07:59 Message #4743889
So the Canary is the opposite of the Daily Mail.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 6-Jul-2019 08:12 Message #4743892
Looks like the cat got the canary , what on earth has happened to Grandpa Corbyn, witheflow..err I mean Michaelt.. err sorry Good2BWith?
Fourth, behind the Lib Dems, seriously!!??

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 24% (+2)
BREX: 23% (+1)
LDEM: 20% (+1)
LAB: 18% (-2)
GRN: 9% (-1)

via @YouGov, 02 - 03 Jul Chgs. w/ 25 Jun
Male
BlackMark1  Male  Leicestershire 6-Jul-2019 08:13 Message #4743893
It is just like reading The Mail the way each story is manufactured. Both as bad as each other.
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 6-Jul-2019 10:52 Message #4743902
BlackMark1 6-Jul-2019 08:13
It is just like reading The Mail the way each story is manufactured. Both as bad as each other.
--- --- ---
Thanks for your analysis, BlackMark1.

I read both The Mail & The Canary online and it's interesting how both do tend to get the basic facts of their story correct when it's about a "physical" incident rather than who is reputed to have whispered what to whom. It's when the interpretation of the facts is entered that the wide disparities show.

What I do find odd about The Mail's online presentation is, no matter the seriousness of a story about 10s or 100s killed in an atrocity or natural disaster, their right-hand column is full of pix and teasers in the "Tit & Bum" tradition of Hackery - crass & insensitive IMO.

Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 6-Jul-2019 10:57 Message #4743903
Hierophant 6-Jul-2019 08:12
Looks like the cat got the canary , what on earth has happened to Grandpa Corbyn, witheflow..err I mean Michaelt.. err sorry Good2BWith?
Fourth, behind the Lib Dems, seriously!!??

Westminster voting intention:

via @YouGov, 02 - 03 Jul Chgs. w/ 25 Jun
===
Thanks for your input but since it has nothing directly to do with the Thread ...
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 6-Jul-2019 11:05 Message #4743904
Well that's never stopped you old boy.
Chin, chin...
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 6-Jul-2019 11:43 Message #4743913
Hierophant 6-Jul-2019 11:05
Chin, chin...
=== === === ===
"Chin, chin"?
A remark redolent of the days of The Raj - and typifying your view of how Society should be, no doubt, Sahib?
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 6-Jul-2019 11:58 Message #4743915
"Well that's never stopped you old boy. "

they dont like it up em, do they !

everyone having a good day today ?
anyone going to watch the england girls later ?
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 6-Jul-2019 13:58 Message #4743924
Blackmark. It is just like reading The Mail the way each story is manufactured. Both as bad as each other

Absolutely both are complete made up rubbish.
Female
Susieq7  Female  Surrey 6-Jul-2019 18:12 Message #4743950
Beach

Not on topic - but are you only looking for business contacts? Have you been snapped up already?
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 6-Jul-2019 18:41 Message #4743951
Yes Suzieq, he is not much of a tease either.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 6-Jul-2019 21:31 Message #4743971
Beach

Not on topic - but are you only looking for business contacts? Have you been snapped up already?

Ha ha, SusieQ7,

I had to unblock the troll to respond to your comment, (after reading the thread 'publically' while being signed out), but, to answer your question, no, I am not just here for business contacts.

Have I been snapped up already?

Ummmh. I'm not sure I'd allow anyone to snap me up these days!

I lead a fab, idyllic, life down here at Beach Cottage in deepest, darkest West Dorset and have fascinating friends of both sexes plus a modest collection of female friends who share particular hobbies or interests with me … along with one or two highly charged individual females who I would probably walk on hot coals to worship should their existing flirting nature ever be dialled up a notch or two. :-)

But no … To use your terminology, I have not been snapped up … and would probably have to think long and hard about the consequences, (or disadvantages), of even wishing to be. :-)

But feel free to continue this enjoyable diversion right here on this thread … because it could act as a little light relief to counter the negative forces the O.P was hoping to unleash on these pages. :-)
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 7-Jul-2019 22:28 Message #4744155
Crime still illegal even if you commit it ‘patriotically’, Robinson discovers

"A judge has found Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (AKA Tommy Robinson) guilty of contempt of court. This is despite him assuring the judge that he was “one of the best patriots going”.

Indefensible
Robinson offered a number of unique defences. He claimed his ‘patriotism’ should make him immune to any crime. Examples of his patriotism included the fact that he:

Owns the complete DVD collection of Only Fools and Horses and has started making his way through the extras.
- Always wears a Union Jack thong.
- Sings “it’s coming home” every time the England squad gets so much as a throw-in.
- Trashes the European bistro he’s in every time the team playing the England squad gets so much as a throw-in.
- Sings the national anthem to conclude a long night of cocaine abuse.
- Only ‘cracks off’ to vintage pics of Page 3 girl Sam Fox.
- Is cynically using the crimes committed by Muslims to wage a culture war against all non-white people in the interest of achieving racial purity.

Verdict
The judge described Yaxley-Lennon’s vision of ‘patriotism’ as:
Tawdry, depressing, pig-headed, criminal, and racist."

Yaxley-Lennon replied:

Continue reading at
https://www.thecanary.co/off-the-perch/2019/07/06/crime-still-illegal-even-if-you-commit-it-patriotically-robinson-discovers/
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 7-Jul-2019 22:29 Message #4744156

"A judge has found Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (AKA Tommy Robinson) guilty of contempt of court. This is despite him assuring the judge that he was “one of the best patriots going”.

Indefensible
Robinson offered a number of unique defences. He claimed his ‘patriotism’ should make him immune to any crime. Examples of his patriotism included the fact that he:

Owns the complete DVD collection of Only Fools and Horses and has started making his way through the extras.
- Sings “it’s coming home” every time the England squad gets so much as a throw-in.
- Trashes the European bistro he’s in every time the team playing the England squad gets so much as a throw-in.
- Is cynically using the crimes committed by Muslims to wage a culture war against all non-white people in the interest of achieving racial purity.

Verdict

Yaxley-Lennon replied:

Continue reading at
https://www.thecanary.co/off-the-perch/2019/07/06/crime-still-illegal-even-if-you-commit-it-patriotically-robinson-discovers/
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 7-Jul-2019 22:29 Message #4744157

Indefensible

Verdict

Yaxley-Lennon replied:

Continue reading at

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »