Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Happy

First of July

Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 1-Jul-2019 13:55 Message #4743120
Start of a new month, new experiences...waht's given you a smile today? anything?

My grandson 'phoned me...he actually broke off playing his computer games and 'phoned...wow.

Have you had anything to cheer you up? and remember folks, be nice. If you can't be nice be civil.
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 1-Jul-2019 14:29 Message #4743128
Waking up to a sunny morning and enjoying the peace and quiet at 6am with no traffic noise and just a fox down the garden crossing to the allotment and some birdsong. That makes me happy.
Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 1-Jul-2019 14:46 Message #4743133
July already! where has the last six months gone? lol.

Just waking up in the mornings makes me feel good.

I really must get round to putting the snow shovel back in the shed!
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 1-Jul-2019 15:46 Message #4743137
whats given me a smile?...you aving a giraff?

hospital appt. in leicester today, a round journey of 34mls, gave the car a bit of welly as i was running late, made it on time and went to book in at op3 !

me... hi, got a renal appt for 1.45.
she... mmm, no renal clinic here today.
me...ah, is it at op2 ?
she... looks at computer, no, nothing at op2.

have you guessed yet ?...

she...scrutinises my appt letter, erm...you are two days early !!
me...going red with the chuckles from other patients...ok,just book me in for two nights b&b and i,ll wait ;¬)

well, i went and got my bloods done which will save a little time on weds, and the car engine got a good cleanout !!
Female
happywalker  Female  Dorset 1-Jul-2019 16:01 Message #4743140
We brought our new puppy home yesterday. She is absolutely gorgeous! What’s not to smile about? (the enormous puddle which went the length of the hallway when we first brought her in the house even made us smile - or perhaps it was my partner saying “oh my goodness, oh I say, oh crikey, oh will it ever stop ...” ha ha ha!
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 1-Jul-2019 16:49 Message #4743143
Arrived at work this morning to be told I have had a promotion with a bit more pay so very happy with that. They have also bought me a new laptop because i have been doing some work at home on my old one.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 1-Jul-2019 18:54 Message #4743154
That great Raach.

Not a great deal different here, but at least the decorator came to paint the living room, only trouble is we have no living room until she's finnished, no TV!!!
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire 2-Jul-2019 06:44 Message #4743203
Tranquility makes me happy. Out for an hour this morning walking with my dog and a short sit on a bench relaxing. Perfect.
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire 2-Jul-2019 08:12 Message #4743215
Half the year gone. Time can pass far too quickly so we need to spend as many happy times as possible. I wake up happy and remain happy as long as nothing goes seriously wrong. I'm grateful for all the positive things in my life.
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 2-Jul-2019 11:50 Message #4743232
Sorry to hear that fosy, hope all goes as well as it can when you do eventually get to your appointment, thanks to everyone for recounting the small bits of happiness you found.
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 2-Jul-2019 17:21 Message #4743267
What fool shall say, "My days are fair,
God's in his world and all is well,"
When half mankind shrieks in despair
Worse than in Dante's flaming hell!

I cannot sing in happy mood
While hostile armies take their toll.
On these dark days I toil and brood
With starless midnight in my soul.

And yet, O World, O Life, O God!
I find myself, jest as the fool,
Believing in thy chastening rod,
Believing still that love must rule.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 2-Jul-2019 17:26 Message #4743268
Thank you wonderoushen. I have worked hard for it but as we know hard work isn't always rewarded. Hope your living room is taking shape.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 2-Jul-2019 17:30 Message #4743269
Yes..Well done Raach...Good stuff
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 2-Jul-2019 17:45 Message #4743272
Tranquility makes me happy

Me too.

Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 2-Jul-2019 18:58 Message #4743275
All done bar the hoovering and putting the furntiure back, thanks Raach.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 2-Jul-2019 21:07 Message #4743297
Thanks tumbleweed.

Wonderoushen. And your tv back on? I did my own wallpapering and got the pattern upside down.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 2-Jul-2019 22:36 Message #4743302
terry,

its fine, i saw the funny side of it yesterday.

today was my "smile" day, 4 things i had been legally fighting or deferring, all came to fruition in my favour today...happy days !
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 3-Jul-2019 10:44 Message #4743327
I can't do my own decorating anymore due to frozen shoulders and I hate wall papering, in fact I'm not that keen on wallpaper full stop. I've got my tv back which was good because there were 3 things I wanted to watch last night.
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 3-Jul-2019 11:37 Message #4743355
Three things in one night wonderoushen. You weren't just happy - you were very happy!
Male
Templar2013  Male  South East London 3-Jul-2019 13:14 Message #4743372
My elderly next door neighbour told me this morning she liked living next to me because it made her feel safe and felt she could call on me at any time. I havent done much for her except be friendly but when she said that it made be happy.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 3-Jul-2019 13:17 Message #4743373
wh, were the three things the Pre football analysis, the Match itself and then the Post Match analysis?

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »