Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Fairground

Attractions

Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 30-Jun-2019 18:14 Message #4743058
I've always been fascinated with Fairgrounds and Theme Parks and things...Not just all the rides, but the side stalls, the fairground organ type music and the atmosphere...

I used to 'go on loads of things', but nowadays I'm not so brave, and my ticker isn't ticking as well as it should...so hanging upside down, flying round probably isn't a good idea...although when I die, it sounds like a good way to go...

Anyway, did you used to ride the rides..and would you still do it...Which were your favourites?

And what about the side things...knocking tins cans off, or throwing darts, or shooting...Did you win any Teddy bears or Goldfish..
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 30-Jun-2019 18:42 Message #4743061
The Waltzer, I used to love it, I probably still would. I won a goldfish when I was a child after being told specifically not to win a gold fish, it didn't live very long, but the one we got to keep him company lived for about 10 years.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 30-Jun-2019 22:21 Message #4743083
The dodgems are the most fun especially when accompanied by a young lady.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 30-Jun-2019 22:29 Message #4743085
there used to be a roller coaster at skeggy called the "wild mouse" that had 2 man "cars", shaped like a rocket i think.
anyway, when taking a sharp corner, because of the long nose it looked like you was going to go off and crash to the ground, and when it did turn it did so with a jolt and it tipped momentarily due to it being so rickerty.

i didnt ride it a second time...
and the guy sitting in behind me, 10yrs older, was in tears at the end of the ride !
Male
badman  Male  Suffolk 1-Jul-2019 07:39 Message #4743089
There was a roller coaster in Kent, Margate, Dymchurch, or some other such seaside town that was constructed of a timber lattice work frame. Every time the cars went round the corners at about 60 feet high, the whole frame could be seen to move due to the lateral splits in the timber planking. It’s not there anymore.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 6-Jul-2019 07:45 Message #4743885
Had some good laughs on the helter skelter.
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire 6-Jul-2019 15:04 Message #4743930
The old fashioned organ music was synonymous with the fairground but the modern popular music isn’t the same.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 6-Jul-2019 19:09 Message #4743960
Fairground galloper carousel horses with organ music. Up and down, up and down ...

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »