Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Huggy thread

Sunday hugs

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 30-Jun-2019 09:24 Message #4743024
Good morning Huggers,

A bit leter this morning as I have an unexpected house guest and due to the heat last night both of us went to bed late with fans on. It was so hot last night! I know further north it was a bit coller for you. When I got back from the garage yesterday lunch time it was registering 38 degrees in my car. Phew! Luckily my little helper helped water all the plants last night and has been very good. They had to have one of their dogs put to sleep yesterday as she had a fit then was diagnosed with a brain tumour. My son was very upset as the dog was thirteen and had been a rescue dog. Their other dog looks a bit lost as she doesn't know where her companion is.

Have you watched any of Glastonbury this weekend? I saw the programme about the acts that have headlined in the past and was surprised by how many big names they have managed to get their. They said they'd like Fleetwood Mac but they're too expensive. Seems to be something wrong there when they can get people like the Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Adele but not them.

Anyway lets get this show on the road. Have a good Sunday everybody. I will (((HUG))) once my house guest has gone home.
(((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
Keithagain  Male  South Yorkshire 30-Jun-2019 10:49 Message #4743026
Good morning Twinkle.
It was hot in Doncaster too...29 c, and hot in the night too, though I kept the bedroom window open and was ok.

Hug hug hug

Keith x
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 30-Jun-2019 10:57 Message #4743027
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.

Having a relaxing day today after spending yesterday in Peterborough City Center with the cadets for Armed Forces Day . It was a very busy, but hot day. Fortunately we all kept hydrated and applied the sun cream so no ill effects today.

Hugs to all

Trevor
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 30-Jun-2019 11:03 Message #4743029
hello Twinkle.

{{{HUGS}}} to you and to all Huggers to follow.

It has been quite pleasantly wam here in my part of Essex although yesterday afternoon I had to stop working in the garden and stay in the shade. I can stand dry heat quite well , hate it when it is humid-
I had the dogs visiting me for a few hours. They were laying on the wooden floor in the lounge.

I am so sorry to hear about the older dog of your son had to be put to sleep. 13 is a fair age for a dog , but is always a very sad business to make that dreadful decision to put a faithful companion to sleep. A dear friend of mine had 2 dogs that were very attached to each other. When one of them died ( MALE) the other one was so upset she had to go to the vet, who said straight away " She suffers from a broken heart , Jean !

I have not watched Glastonbury. Crowds- more so when tightly packed , even on T.V., upsets me. Saw a bit of The chemistry brothers. Can not hear the music just a faint beat , but Loved the light show. that was really something !
Have done all the Sunday jobs in the house, cleaned the fridge, gave myself a manicure and will walk along the river to papermill Lock to meet a friend for a coffee and a sandwich for lunch. .

Enjoy your house guests.
HUGS ,
leogirl

leogirl.
Female
Phoenixnights  Female  Nottinghamshire 30-Jun-2019 12:43 Message #4743039
Hi Twinkle and other Sunday Huggers,

It was a hot one here also - thank goodness its cooler today. I really dont like it over about 2 degrees, its an effort to do anything.

Its so sad to loose a dog. I lost mine last year and was gutted. I now have another to replace her and the house feels like a home again.

I have watched bits of Glastonbury but no one stood out. Must say that i'm glad to be watching in comfort at home.

Hugs to all ((hugs))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 30-Jun-2019 17:22 Message #4743050
Hello Keith,
It feels cooler today. I'm starting to feel a bit drowsy so think an early night might be in order. Don't they say thunder and rain are on the way?

(((HUG)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 30-Jun-2019 17:24 Message #4743051
Hello Pboro Trevor,

I managed to miss the Lancaster bomber on both days as it flew over. I'm glad you all survived the exceptional heat.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 30-Jun-2019 17:28 Message #4743054
Hello leogirl,

The other dog is two years older. Apparently she's alright at the moment but my daughter in law has been taking her everywhere with her.

I saw a little bit of the Chemical Brothers too.

My lovely son helped by putting my new linen basket together and putting my new smoke alarms up, luckily even though their a different shape they fit the old holes.

I hope you enjoyed you walk and lunch with your friend.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 30-Jun-2019 17:33 Message #4743055
Hello Phoenixnights,

I have ironing to do so am grateful that it's cooler today.

My son said they will get another dog but not just yet. The little one has been told she has gone to live in another house with other dogs and she seems quite matter of fact about it.

I see Kylie is on Glastonbury shortly. I did enjoy Two Door Cinema, having seen them on the Sara Cox Show a week or so ago. I used to want to go to Glastonbury but it seems massive now. I'm not sure I would enjoy all those people together.

(((HUGS)))
Female
Sea Urchin  Female  Essex 30-Jun-2019 20:07 Message #4743075
Good Evening Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.
I have been enjoying the lovely warm weather. Canoeing at Sudbury yesterday and swimming in the river. A lovely way to relax. And today at my youngest daughters, where we all went to the 'Messing Fair'. An event mainly for the villagers with races for children etc.
Yes, have seen odd highlights of Glastonbury but to be honest I don't like the way they cram in huge crowds. If not in front rows you cannot possibly see much. The other day I caught a glimpse of some obese females, strutting about with very little on. No idea who they were, as did not hang about to watch. Definitely not my thing. A shame some acts like Fleetwood Mac demand far too much money to appear. It definitely does not show them in a good light. I was put off of Richard Thompson who appeared at The Purbeck Valley Festival last year. He would only play for his exact hour and no more. Refused to come back for an encore. Yet there are other bands who would keep playing for ever if able. For some it is a pleasure and for others it is, if I have to, but no more.
Hope everyone has had a lovely Sunday.
Sending very warm (((Hugs))) from me.
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire 30-Jun-2019 20:27 Message #4743076
Evening Twinkle#

Had to leave early this morning for the Sailing Club, however was very windy, so didn't sail.

But it was very sunny.

Mike
(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 30-Jun-2019 22:08 Message #4743081
Good evening Sea Urchin,

You certainly have had a busy weekend if enjoyable.

Kylie was performing this afternoon. I am really surprised they can't afford Fleetwood Mac who must be asking for a massive amount of money :( I have been going to a local event the last few years and they limit the numbers to 10,000 and still manage to attract top names. It is what it is...

I hope you have a good week ahead.
(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 30-Jun-2019 22:09 Message #4743082
Good evening contender,

Too windy, not enough wind, one weekend the wind will be just right.

(((HUGS)))

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »