Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Enjoying the hot weather?

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 29-Jun-2019 18:51 Message #4742982
If the weather was better in the U.K. would you bother holidaying overseas?
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 29-Jun-2019 19:07 Message #4742984
What hot weather? Its been cloudy with a cool breeze and the odd heavy shower.

I don't go abroad for holidays, but if I did I wouldn't like it hot and it wouldn't be a beach holiday, I'd rather go and do things that I can't do at home, like go to galleries and museums and historic sites.
Female
bella111  Female  Devon 29-Jun-2019 20:47 Message #4742992
I like travelling and seeing different cultures, I suppose I could spend a week in London, but then its not quite the same.
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 29-Jun-2019 21:43 Message #4742995
I like to go to warmer climes either in the early spring or in the autumn .To soak up the last of the sunshine and to experience a different culture.I am planning a trip to Turkey in October. So far not successful persuading anyone to travel with me...
Here in Essex a balmy 25o C. was working in the garden at 8 a.m.!!! A siesta , or 40 winks after lunch .

leogirl.
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 29-Jun-2019 22:29 Message #4742999
Yes because when the sun goes down abroad, especially anywhere in the Med, the resorts come alive.
Just not the same atmosphere here.
Female
Sea Urchin  Female  Essex 29-Jun-2019 23:44 Message #4743007
I would still explore overseas, as it is always good to see how other cultures live and explore more of the world. But if the weather was better, then I would definitely explore a lot more of the UK. There are just so many interesting places to see and you don't have to drive miles to see a change in scenery. However, even if the weather were better all year round, you would still have the problem of extremely short days in the winter months.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »