Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Huggy thread

Come and get them

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 23-Jun-2019 08:58 Message #4742602
Good morning fellow huggers,

The forecast is for another hot sunny day, well at least this morning. It was very warm yesterday. I need to get out and cut the grass before it gets too hot but not too early that I wake all my neighbours up. It's very quiet outside at the moment... So how are you all spending Sunday? Have a good day whatever you're doing.

(((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
Keithagain  Male  South Yorkshire 23-Jun-2019 12:08 Message #4742612
Hello Twinkle
I'm helping with the huggers!
It was very quiet this morning when I was out for this morning.
The forecast is for rain at 5pm leading to thunder at 1 am...so we must get the outdoor bits done this afternoon!

Keith...hug hug hug
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire 23-Jun-2019 12:13 Message #4742614
Morning Twinkle

Well last week went to Norfolk for a weeks holiday, and visited various locations to see what had changed since i was last there.
High on my agenda was to go to Castle Rising, in which i took lots of photos. However not really changed very much since i last visited other than there a lot of Health & Safety Notices.

Also went to Wolferton Railway Station Museum, and couldn't understand why it appeared to barren of collected items? On speaking to a chap it transpires that the original owner went Bankrupt in 1994 (the last time i was there was back around 1972), and thereby all items where sold off. Not to go there again other than to sign the visitors book.

At New Hunstanton the sea has removed most of the sand than covered the beach, revealing the bed rock, and so all the way u[ to Old Hunstanton. Launching from the Sailing Club, has become difficult due to the bed rock.

Thrusington Steam Vehicle Museum was interesting, and it would appear they have spent a lot on improvements to the site?

Baconsthorpe Castle wasn't a planned visit, but saw the sign and eventually found the castle - proved to be quite interesting being originally a Moated Castle covering quite a large area.

Holken Hall was OK but the house was closed on the day, but had a good walk down to the Walled garden, pond,and up to the monalif

Other locations visited where Sherringham, Wells next to Sea.

So a good week

Mike
(((Hugs to all)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 23-Jun-2019 12:36 Message #4742615
Hello Keith,

Welcome to the Huggy thread and thanks for helping :)

It's still very quiet here although I think the BBQs might be busy later. Rain is good as the garden needs it, a chance to fill up people's water barrels. Thunder at 1am zzz is that just for where you are? I don't mind a good thunderstorm but I'd rather not be woken up by one.

Good luck with getting what you want to get done.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 23-Jun-2019 12:42 Message #4742616
Hello contender,

It sounds as if you were really busy last week. I think you were quite lucky with the weather too. What a variety of places you saw. Sometimes the unplanned visits yield some gems, well done on your explorations. Perhaps not leave it so long before you go back again?

(((HUGS)))
Female
Phoenixnights  Female  Nottinghamshire 23-Jun-2019 14:31 Message #4742620
Hi Twinkle and Sunday Huggers,

Its a bit overcast here but still warm so cant complain.

Was in Dorset a couple of weeks ago and loved it there, Had never been before bur preferred it to Cornwall as t seemed so much quieter.

Hugs to all ((hugs))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 23-Jun-2019 15:11 Message #4742624
Hello Phoenixnights,

Are you fully recovered now? It's overcast here too.

Ive been to Dorset a few times. It's a stunning part of the countryside isn't it. I expect if you went back in the school summer holidays it would be just as busy, depending on where you went, as Cornwall. I have a day trip to West Bay in mind when I visit my sister.

Good to have you back :)

(((HUGS)))
Female
Sea  Female  Essex 23-Jun-2019 20:25 Message #4742640
Good Evening Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers,
I have had a busy weekend, Colchester Zoo with daughter and Grandchildren Saturday, then stopping off at another daughter en-route to baby sitting overnight for the next. Then spent today at the Blackwater Country show, with daughter and granddaughter. Very warm today but not as sunny as yesterday. I came home and quickly mowed the lawn, just in case rain decided to pay a visit. Keeps looking threatening but nothing yet.
Hope everybody has had a lovely Sunday.
Sending very warm (((Hugs))) from me.
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 23-Jun-2019 20:49 Message #4742641
Good evening Sea Urchin,

Another busy person. Such nice family time too. It's been quite hot today. I also managed to mow the lawn and we have had some light drizzle since. I think it might be a bit of a sticky night too.

(((HUGS)))
Female
Aurora1962  Female  Tyne and Wear 23-Jun-2019 21:44 Message #4742646
It's been a while since I have been on MSE and it is good to see the Sunday huggy still going.

Sending hugs to those who want or need them.
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 23-Jun-2019 23:12 Message #4742656
Evening Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.

Been a busy day today. We had a Peterborough Cat Rescue homing day. We managed to home 14 cats and kittens to there forever homes. Our foster cat Pepsi, mother of the 5 kittens we have homed in recent weeks is now going to her ne whome tomorrow.

Hugs to all

Trevor
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 23-Jun-2019 23:53 Message #4742659
hello all sunday Huggers {{{HUGS}}} It has been a very pleasant week-end for me with friends staying on Saturday . ffor Saturday lunch a huge pot of Lamb tagine and rice , side salad . Fruit and ice-cream for after. and coffee with a glass of cinnamon whiskey to finish the meal , YUM!
We played scrabble and Rummikup .
One of my friends stayed overnight what was lovely as we had a unhurried breakfast , an other game of Rummikup and than we went to see a friend who`s garden was open to the public - for charity .
All very pleasant and enjoyable, Must have more of those Sundays!!!

good night HUGS {{{HUGS}}} to all Sunday Huggers . In 7 hours Huxley and Bella will be standing beside my bed urging me to wake up !
Leogirl
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 24-Jun-2019 18:35 Message #4742689
Hello Aurura1962,

Thank you for joining us. Sadly the Sunday huggy isn't as busy as it used to be in Lambsey's time but we are still going.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 24-Jun-2019 18:37 Message #4742690
Hello Pboro Trevor,

That's a good result, 14 cats and kittens rehomed. I expect you'll miss your cat and kittens but I expect you'll have a new group to look after. You're doing a great job.

(((HUGS)))

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 24-Jun-2019 18:39 Message #4742692
Hello leogirl,

It's sounds as if you have had a lovely, sociable weekend. The garden's that are open to the public are a great idea and can give inspiration to us. I visited one with my sister over Easter. She hadn't herd of the scheme but has since been back to it and to another one.

(((HUGS)))
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 27-Jun-2019 23:48 Message #4742906
there were about 14 gardens open to the public although we did not have time to visit them all. some of them sold refreshments and cake , all in aid of Farleigh hospice . F rom very large and very grand gardens with a tennis court and a little stream at the bottom of a manicured lawn , to immaculate flower beds in the front of a council cottage ad rows upon rows of vegetable in the back.
They are all private gardens and most of them are the handy work of the owners.

Leogirl

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »