Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Do you use discount vouchers?

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 19-Jun-2019 15:34 Message #4742354
This App Applies Every Voucher On The Internet To Your Cart - And It's Awesome - so their advertisement says but I'm always wary of adding anything to my phone. This app is from Honey.

Do you use voucher discounts? Do you know of this app?
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 19-Jun-2019 15:47 Message #4742355
I have never heard of the app but I often use vouchers. M&S do a lot of discounts and I got about 20% off all the school uniforms. Most pizza places offer discounts. A lot of places you can get a discount just by asking.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 19-Jun-2019 15:58 Message #4742356
Don’t use them on the internet, got a message last week telling me I got a gift or prize from Tesco don’t know if I have or not so didn’t claim, just in case.
Male
BlackMark1  Male  Leicestershire 19-Jun-2019 18:31 Message #4742369
We went out for a meal at the weekend and one of our party had a discount voucher number from online and it took £60 off the total bill.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 19-Jun-2019 18:37 Message #4742370
Not having a phone I do use apps, but I do use paper vouchers, like when Lidl have one of their pend £30 and get a fiver off, I usually spend at least £30 in Lidl anyway.
Female
Blue-Poppy  Female  East Yorkshire 19-Jun-2019 19:31 Message #4742382
I personally don't but there was a member on here who always had vouchers and discounts for everywhere we went. Pubs, restaurants, drinks, wine etc etc .
Female
Sea  Female  Essex 19-Jun-2019 23:37 Message #4742403
Not heard of the app before. I have used the odd discount voucher in the past. It would depend on the vousher though. Have used two for the price of one at Pizza Express I think it was, once but never use something ike 5% off if you spend a £100 at Waitrose for example. I usually forget abput them. Had some for Tesco once and suddenly remembered, so took them out at the till, only to be told they had expired over a year ago. Whoops!
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 20-Jun-2019 09:03 Message #4742416
Discount vouchers used to be something we weren't interested in although some people cut offers from the newspapers for money off at the till but now practically every company is offering discounts and incentives and it has become very much the norm to present them with purchases.
I bought some new clothes online from Marks & Spencers and got 20% off which is an enormous saving if you are spending a couple of hundred quid.
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 20-Jun-2019 13:06 Message #4742429
If there's a voucher available to use for something you want then why not use it. Lidl had one in the paper at the weekend £5 off a £20 spend so almost seemed rude not to use it.
As long as you don't end up buying something just for the sake of the using a voucher, rather than actually needing it.
And Groupon is good for discounts on eating out, things to do etc. Have had some good deals through that in the past.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 20-Jun-2019 22:02 Message #4742438
got to be careful with groupon.

i have just bought a shed and it was more expensive on groupon than elsewhere online.
they always used to be good on high value items.
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire 21-Jun-2019 11:46 Message #4742481
Just saved almost £20 in Marks with a voucher given to me by a friend which had almost expired and she didnt want it to be wasted.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 21-Jun-2019 12:08 Message #4742482
Some vouchers are good value, but others just make you spend more in order for the voucher to apply..

I get sent some every now and again from the supermarkets, along the lines of spend £40 and use the voucher to get £5 off...expiry date in a few days time...If you work it out properly, then it can be good, but if you were only going to spend £20 for instance, then you can end up buying something you don't particularly need, in order to spend £40 and get the £5 off...

Just Eat send me some, varying from £3 off a takeaway to 15% off etc...usually minimum order of £15 or something...It can lure you in...I fancy a takeaway, and I'm getting £3 off, but if you made a sandwich instead it would only cost you less than a quid, or even going to the supermarket and buying a few things would be a cheaper alternative than the takeaway...so long as you didn't spend the £40 to get the £5 off, that is..

It's a minefield...
Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 22-Jun-2019 06:45 Message #4742536
I haven’t tried the app but I might give it a go if it appears useful. At the moment I use online discount vouchers which restaurants read straight from my phone.
Female
Joaney  Female  Leicestershire 22-Jun-2019 10:57 Message #4742555
If going for a meal always go on line to look if restaurant has any vouchers. Last time went to a chain of Italian restaurant and received 50% reduction off the food. Italian restaurants appear to always have vouchers.

Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London 23-Jun-2019 08:09 Message #4742600
I do the same Joaney but the most I’ve had discounted as 40% and that was Italian. I eat out often so it’s a big saving for me,
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 23-Jun-2019 09:07 Message #4742604
I don't treat Groupon any differently than other online sites.
If I see something on there I want to go for I'll always check elsewhere to see what it's going for and if there are any reviews avaialable.
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire 9-Jul-2019 16:48 Message #4744293
I was queued behind a shopper today who was using a lot of money off vouchers and I was getting impatient then I thought how sensible she was saving a lot of money for little effort.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 10-Jul-2019 06:54 Message #4744350
A lot of places ask you if you have any vouchers or special offer coupons when you go to pay.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 10-Jul-2019 09:08 Message #4744372
I have a pocket full of M&S discount vouchers which I must use in the next few days.
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 10-Jul-2019 12:41 Message #4744402
M&S. Underpants and socks!
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 10-Jul-2019 12:44 Message #4744404
I have some S&M vouchers I have to use in the next few days...otherwise I won't get punished...

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »