Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

For the women

About blokes

Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 11-Jun-2019 12:02 Message #4741617
I see another suspicious profile, from the US, another woman (?)

I've often wondered if the women on here have similar issues, male scammers? and if so, what countries are they mainly from?
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 11-Jun-2019 15:43 Message #4741634
I think men are more easily swayed by an attractive contact. If I receive any message telling me I'm lovely I block them immediately. :)
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 11-Jun-2019 19:00 Message #4741659
A lot say they're US military and are coming out and are settling here, funny thing is though they can't spell or put a sentence together properly, they tend to be almost impossibly good looking too, nobody believes they're real and not scammers.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Jun-2019 22:11 Message #4741670
Get quite a few strange messages that tell me that they think that I am wonderful, but give no indication that they have even read my profile. I had put this down to normal male behaviour, in the past. Do you mean that they might be scammers? Well, I never!
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 12-Jun-2019 10:40 Message #4741695
Do you guys get messages from women who just say 'Hi' and that it? I find quite a few blokes do that, to be honest I can't be bothered to reply to people like that, I have in the past and its like getting blood from a stone.
Male
Mothballs  Male  Dorset 12-Jun-2019 10:42 Message #4741696
Ah nid your dittels.
Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire 12-Jun-2019 10:54 Message #4741701
rejoyceww, yet another midget scammer
Female
Judance  Female  Berkshire 12-Jun-2019 11:11 Message #4741705
To answer the question, yes we do and often warn others in the Women's Room.

When reviewing photos, I often alert admin when I see suspicious photos. Military/very young looking Asian ladies/voluptuous and posed females etc .. they also have site names that give you a clue and captions to photos as well.

Good to see you again Mothballs .. erudite as ever! ;-)
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 12-Jun-2019 12:21 Message #4741717
I get loads from young blond fit women usually from some County in the USA.

The messages start by saying" Hello my dear, I am a God fearing woman looking for a honest man ".

So where in the bible does it say its ok to scam people ?.
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 13-Jun-2019 22:30 Message #4741844
'Do you guys get messages from women who just say 'Hi' and that it?'

I think once, in all the years on here; maybe I'm just lucky?
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 14-Jun-2019 11:17 Message #4741878
Barney I get a lot saying they're a god fearing man looking for an honest woman, they can get really agressive whn I say thnaks but no thanks. I was looking at my who's looking bit on my profile yesterday and out of the last 12 views 10 were from American women, why?

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »