Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Huggy thread

Let's get hugging

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Jun-2019 09:24 Message #4741515
Good morning one and all,

I am back from my few days in the Emerald Isle. It really is very beautiful. So what have I missed? Luckily it has rained both in Ireland but more importantly here as I had just planted up my flower bed and everything is looking really healthy and established although I see the slugs have had an appetiser. The down side of the rain is that the grass has also grown so I think I need to try and get it cut before the showers that are due this afternoon. Shall I have my roast pork with apple sauce for lunch or dinner?

(((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 9-Jun-2019 09:55 Message #4741518
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.

After all the recent rain the garden is looking grand today

Off out for lunch later

Hugs to all

Trevor
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Jun-2019 10:00 Message #4741519
Good morning Pboro Trevor,

Enjoy your lunch. I was so relieved it had rained as I had watered the plants well on the two evenings before I went away, but everything seems to have perked up and is looking good.

(((HUGS)))
Female
Sea Urchin  Female  Essex 9-Jun-2019 10:04 Message #4741520
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.
I stayed with friends in Weymouth last weekend for the Wessex Festival, which was good. Now in lovely Swanage house stiing; a rather nice place with far reaching views. Has been interesting as an open studio arts event going on in the area, so have seen some interesting places and crafts. This weekend also a fish festival. It was somewhat blustery yesterday to say the least. A few outdoor cookery demonstrations and some of the ingredients were taking off. Almost had flying fish.: -) Seems a little calmer today, so hoping will stay fine. I have a feeling that my lawn may be a little like a meadow when I get home.
Have a lovely Sunday everyone.
Sending very warm (((Hugs))) from me.
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire 9-Jun-2019 12:28 Message #4741529
Afternoon Twinkle

Well today the roads near the Sailing Club have been closed off so that the Triathlon people can have the freedom of the road until around midday so I have canned sailing today. The club have allowed for the fact that members may find it difficult to get to the club so have cancelled race 1.

So looks to be a nice day out there so will be going walk about at some point today?

(((Hugs to all)))

Mike
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 9-Jun-2019 12:32 Message #4741530
good morning Twinkle , Sunday {{{HUGS}}} to you and to all Sunday Huggers that posted already and those that will follow. {{{hugs}}}

Good to hear you had a good time in Ireland despite the rain . her in Essex cloudy but sunny , and had my breakfast on the patio admiring that part of the border that I managed to weed , prune, plant . This afternoon I shall do a few hours work in the garden , sustained by the last glug of wine left over from the steak supper with friends yesterday night.
Yesterday morning was very, very windy so decided to wait for a walk with a friend in Hylands Park till afternoon. It was really peaceful . The beautiful wisteria trellis near the pond had suffered from the wind but it is such a fairytale spot that people photographed their children and their dogs surrounded by the long pale-blue flowers.
In the evening we saw a video The bridges of Madison County . Seen it many a time, but it still is a film that grips me . I even dreamt about it.
What a busy life you lead Sea Urchin . admire your energy and the vast variety of places you visit.
must get a bit of work done...
My supper will be a repeat of the steak, a Yorkshire pud. ( Betty`s ) plenty of vegetables and strawberry Eton Mess .
{{{HUGS}}}

leogirl.

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Jun-2019 15:11 Message #4741535
Hello Sea Urchin,

We had a fair bit of turbulence on Friday evening coming home. It certainly was a bit blustery yesterday morning although all my plants survived. You do stay in some lovely parts of the country :) I stayed in Swanage a few years ago.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Jun-2019 15:12 Message #4741536
Hello contender,

We had a triathlete on the plane with us and also a man who bought his bike over - perhaps he was competing too?

I hope you enjoy your walk.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Jun-2019 15:16 Message #4741537
Hello leogirl,

We were lucky with the weather in the main. It rained while we were at the Giants Causeway but it was what the locals call light rain. We had a really warm day in the Glenveague National Park though although that wasn't good in one way as the midges were out in force :( Shame about the wisteria but I'm sure the gardener will put the trellis back up.

You're making me feel hungry with tales of Eton Mess. We had triple desserts in Ireland.

(((HUGS)))

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »