Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Would you trust someone...

Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 8-Jun-2019 10:12 Message #4741467
who has a doorknob in the middle of their front door...

Some posh houses seem to have it, but it makes more sense to me to have it at the side...easier to use to open and close etc...

It reminded me, when I saw the journos at Gove's place , after his 'drugs bust'...I think they all have middle doorknobs around there

He also looked a bit more dishevelled than normal, but don't we all in the mornings...

They are digging the dirt on all the PM candidates, it seems...middle doorknob indeed...
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 8-Jun-2019 10:44 Message #4741469
I was once in court when someone was charged with anti social behavior.

The shopkeeper concerned claimed various things, including the defendant apparently persisting through his letterbox.
In cross examination, the defence solicitor produced a picture of the shop door.
The letterbox was at the bottom of the door, this produced some humour in court.

Shopkeeper admitted he could not have persisted through letter box, (not physical possible).
Then tried to save his credibility by saying it must have been someone else.

Someone else, are you saying you know of someone that could achieve this feat?

The shopkeeper lost the case.
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 8-Jun-2019 10:48 Message #4741471
Surely if you're posh enough to have the doorknob in the middle of your front door (e.g. like 10 Downing Street) , one would have someone to open and close one's door for you.
!!
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 8-Jun-2019 10:53 Message #4741473
If Gove becomes PM, it would be needed for deliveries?
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 8-Jun-2019 12:14 Message #4741484
Having a nob in the middle of their front door dosen't bother me in the slightest, being a nob does.
Female
yelsel  Female  the Highlands and Islands of Scotland 9-Jun-2019 22:58 Message #4741552
Interesting... I have a doorknob in the centre of my door... I'm not posh... hmmm I might have to remove it??
Female
Harley44  Female  the Isle of Wight 9-Jun-2019 23:19 Message #4741553
My old house had a doorknob in the upper part of the door. It was the only thing I could use to shut the door when I was leaving!
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 10-Jun-2019 09:54 Message #4741557
Knobs and knockers do not define the occupants.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 10-Jun-2019 21:22 Message #4741593
oh, I dunno, it helps to tell if they are male or female.

Although, I'm not sure how much help even that would be nowadays
Male
Orson  Male  Tayside 12-Jun-2019 15:13 Message #4741732
If your visitors are predominantly short, it would seem logical.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »