Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Didn't see it

but..

Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 3-Jun-2019 12:03 Message #4741220
I have watched a couple of videos off youtube regarding some of the acts...

Is BGT becoming a bit too sentimental...or has it always been a bit like that anyway..

Last year, a disabled comedian won it...This year a Chelsea Pensioner..

Also the Magician X act, has a reveal at the end, that all makes it a bit sentimental...

Good acts though...some of them at least..

I was watching some other acts from around the world as well...

One I think won Asias Got talent, and was then in Americas Got Talent...An amazing magician called Eric Chien...We all know hat Magic is just illusions etc, all with explanations like sleight of hand, props, misdirection etc, but this one is pretty good at it...

And then another act from Asias Got talent, where a blindfolded man was smashing coconuts and watermelons around a giant lying on the floor...Crazy stuff..

What are your favourite types of acts from these shows?
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 3-Jun-2019 12:07 Message #4741221
ps...typo...hat magic should be that magic...although quite fitting that it came out as hat...especially if it is a standard fit...six and seven eighths it used to be...in the olden days..
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 4-Jun-2019 08:48 Message #4741266
It doesn't seem like anyone else saw it either..
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 4-Jun-2019 08:52 Message #4741268
...and I haven't got a tragic backstory to hit you with...where you'd all be in tears and stuff...drowning your keyboards...
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 4-Jun-2019 09:17 Message #4741272
I thought Corbyn was good though...when he came out on stage dressed as Theresa May, then flung off his dress to reveal those stockings and suspenders...and what the heck did he have wrapped around his naughty bits?...although it created a really good effect when he started swinging them around...
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 4-Jun-2019 11:23 Message #4741274
Coconuts.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 4-Jun-2019 11:59 Message #4741280
Got to agree with you Tumble, it must be annoying fo the acts who have spent years perfecting their acts, only to beat by a Chelsea pensioner with a wonkey voice or deaf comedian who was marginally funny, it proves that we are a sentimental lot, I even forgot about the dog acts.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 4-Jun-2019 12:53 Message #4741288
I think BGT and X Factor have reached the end of their life, most of it was rubbish.

A lot of the acts now have a tragic backstory, I think they hope for the sympathy vote.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 4-Jun-2019 18:52 Message #4741307
With the coconut and watermelon one, I forget to mention that the bloke smashing them had a sledgehammer, and as well as the blindfold, he had salt or something poured onto his eyes, so he couldn't open them anyway...and there was no soppy backstory either...and the giant was about 7ft 6in and all the coconuts were all around him, by his head, everywhere...that's the type of thing I want to see..

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »