Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Huggy Thread

Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 2-Jun-2019 18:09 Message #4741170
Afternoon all. Just realised the Huggy thread hasn't been started yet so here goes!

I started the day with all good intentions of finishing off my marking, packed everything up and drove out to Hay Tor. Was a lovely day yesterday but today wasn't a repeat so I wasn't going to be setting up my table, chair and sunshade today... Have managed to get one book marked so far - has turned out to be a day of procrastination!

On another count, I bought some blotting paper off Amazon. Nothing like any blotting paper I remember as a kid, but it works so all's well!

Hope you've all been having a lovely day

{{{hugs}}} to all
Female
justkath1960  Female  East Sussex 2-Jun-2019 19:02 Message #4741177
Good afternoon Nigel,

Wow it sounds like you have had a busy weekend! It has been glorious weather here in Brighton so both days saw me walking down to the seafront, there is always something happening down there - fish and chips for lunch was the order of the day for me. Yesterday the European Hells Angels did a ride out from Pease Pottage to Madeira Drive on the seafront it was part of their 45th year anniversary celebrations, they anticipated 30 000 would turn up but there was no where near that amount, still quite a sight to see bikes were here from all over Europe. And today there was a car rally finish down on the seafront some lovely vintage cars to be seen, some older than me, yes really ...

After walking well over 10 miles I am now sat on the recliner, feet up watching a documentary on tv.

(((hugs))) to you and everyone who would like one ...

Kath
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 2-Jun-2019 23:55 Message #4741198
A very late Sunday Hug {{{hugs}}} from me. Was up quite early this morning enjoying breakfast on the patio. I positioned my chair in such a position that I saw the nicest part of my garden . Gardening is very slow work as my knees and back are protesting. some of it is still a wilderness.
Took the dog for a lovely walk in Hylands Park and found just enough money in my pocket to have a tea and a sandwich for lunch. there is always such a good atmosphere between all the dog owners be it price winning Newfoundlanders or a plain , feisty tiny moggy.

the rest of my Sunday I spend reading a book and cooking a delicious lamb Tagine
Good night {{{HUGS}}} . .
leogirl.
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 3-Jun-2019 06:09 Message #4741200
Hi Kath,

Thanks for dropping by, lovely to hear from you. The Hell's Angels are a very different organisation to what they used to be. Many years ago, there would have been the Mods turning up on their scooters too and all hell breaking loose. Good that those days have, mostly, disappeared. My 'long' walk was earlier in the week when I have Savannah, my granddaughter, down. We brought her bike with us and went off on the Plym Trail. She was lucky enough to see the Peregrine Falcon chicks too ;-) Hope you enjoyed your documentary.

Take care

{{{Hugs}}}

Nigel x
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 3-Jun-2019 06:18 Message #4741201
Hi Leogirl,

Thanks for dropping by. Must admit I was up early yesterday as I had an awful night's sleep for some reason...I was having so much trouble going off that I gave up around 2am and planned a couple of lessons. Thankfully last night was back to sleeping ok.

I don't have the option of a garden as I live in a flat. So my garden has to be where I decide to stop off. Saturday, being lovely weather, happened to be Hay Tor, yesterday was the same but the weather was rather damp to sit out. I am starting to think I need to replace the car with a van and have a bed and table inside.

Some years back, I looked after a friend's Springer Spaniel. Was a lovely experience taking him out on the moors but walking him in Central Park was also nice as there is a cafe where many of the dog walkers meet. All very friendly.

I really need to find a school that will allow me to take a dog in, I really miss having a dog around the home.

Take care

{{{Hugs}}}

Nigel x
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 3-Jun-2019 10:28 Message #4741210
Morning all

Very late on parade as we spent yesterday at Twickenham watching the Red Roses V Barbarians and then England V Barbarians. Two very enjoyable matches.

After a meal with friends we arrived home long after our normal bedtime - lol

Belated hugs to all

Trevor
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 3-Jun-2019 18:24 Message #4741243
Hi Trevor,

Glad you had a lovely day watching the Rugby and meeting up with friends.

Enjoy your week

Nigel

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »