Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Its a boy

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire 6-May-2019 16:18 Message #4739639
Its a boy for sure but is it black ?
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 6-May-2019 17:34 Message #4739641
I'm not sure that's of much importance but maybe some concern that he is fine and healthy.
Female
Judance  Female  Berkshire 6-May-2019 18:25 Message #4739644
Like Raach, I can't see the relevance of your comment zodiac.

According to his dad, Harry, he's a fine specimen and they are both doing well. A little overdue, I should imagine they are both glad the little chap has finally decided to make an appearance.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 7-May-2019 08:58 Message #4739661
All a bit strange really.

The media are saying that although the baby was born at 05 26 they were not informed until 13 45 so the Sussex's could capitalise on the American news channels.
Also the Daily Mail are saying that because Meghan is 37, geriatric in birthing age she was taken to a secret London clinic and it was not a home birth and Harry travelled back to Windsor.
I don't know but they are not doing themselves any favours with the media which I could not care less about but its their bread and butter.
Female
Judance  Female  Berkshire 7-May-2019 09:25 Message #4739662
Nothing strange about 2 people wanting to get over the birth of their baby and enjoy some precious quite ho0urs to themselves before the media circus rolls into town.

I suppose that waiting until they are awake across the pond means that the birth can be announced to everyone at the same time.

With the Cambridges, the media camped for hours until they were told of the birth. I don't remember William coming out and doing an interview the way Harry did yesterday. It was so obvious that he was thrilled by being at the birth and spending time with his son before speaking to the media.

I think that the Sussexes are less restricted in the way they operate and are making sure they have their own space and time whilst also taking planned time with the media. When there is no news, there will always be someone who will speculate and invent stories to fill the gap.

Personally I don't care where or when the boy was born or why they chose to announce it as they did. I see two young people enjoying their first born .. and for Harry some happiness after a chequered childhood and a wayward youth.

Good Luck to them all!
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire 7-May-2019 09:26 Message #4739663
The media will say anything, true or false, if it gets them a headline. I’m sure every paper will soon be showing plenty of coverage until it becomes boring.
Male
flowerpotman  Male  Dumfries and Galloway 7-May-2019 09:26 Message #4739664
Does it really matter where he was born or what colour his skin is? Let us all be happy that he is a beautiful healthy baby and welcome him with joy in our hearts to our World. Let us congratulate his parents and wish them every happiness for their future.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 7-May-2019 10:52 Message #4739668
Congratulations to Harry and Meghan, lets just hope the baby doesn’t drain the public purse in times of austerity.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 7-May-2019 10:56 Message #4739669
Lol there's nothing like a thinly veiled left wing dig - an iron fist in a velvet glove...
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 7-May-2019 10:58 Message #4739670
"Its a boy for sure but is it black ?"

No idea haven't seen him. I'd guess he would have a light tint to him.

I saw a very funny picture on Twitter, it was Prince Harry holding a black baby girl, probably from one of his visits to Africa, and the caption read "Its a boy, we've called him Mohammed"

Hope the baby is healthy and the parents are too.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 7-May-2019 11:28 Message #4739678
The bookies are taking bets on what he is going to be called.

At 100 to 1 is Winston, I kid you not.

It does have a ring to it, Winston Windsor.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 7-May-2019 11:40 Message #4739679
I hope they go for something a bit different, royalty have such a limited bunch of names, all those Williams and Georges, if they want something traditional but new to the royal family then they could go for Luke, Christoper, Matthew or Joseph, or they could go daft and we could have Prince Wayne or Titus.

The media are just making stuff up because they were excluded, what they really would of loved is for hem to allowed in the room to hotograph and film it, having a baby, especially your first is a special time, people should be allowed to do it in the way that is right for them, not news feeds and public consumption. I think the press are trying to make Megan into the "bad princess" the same way they did with Fergie, I'm not sure I believe all this stuff about a split between William and Harry either, I think Harry and Megan just want to create a nest for themselves and a role too. Maybe Harry has looked at his uncles and decided he dosen't want the sort of life they've had to lead and wants to do something meaningful and why not?
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 7-May-2019 11:44 Message #4739681
I'm always unsure of what the Royals surname is, but if it is Windsor, then they could call him Windsor Windsor, after Windsor Davies ( Military connections and all that ), or they could call him Barbara, in readiness for the inevitable transgender change that is all the rage nowadays, and a connection to Queen Vic.
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 7-May-2019 13:30 Message #4739688
The Royal family's adopted name is the House of Windsor, courtesy of King George V who changed the name of the Royal House from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha during WW1 (for obvious reasons).
Although any direct descendant of ERII, who do not have a royal title would use the surname Mountbatten-Windsor (the former being Prince Phillip's adopted surname).
Maybe they'll opt for Donald to endear themselves to POTUS !!

Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 7-May-2019 13:47 Message #4739693
Its a boy for sure but is it black ?
………..

How rude. Wake up, its the C21. For some anyway. 7lb 3oz. (don't know if its been said). I believe that's an average weight, though she looked enormous!

I think the publicity is a little overdone. But congratulations.
Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire 7-May-2019 13:52 Message #4739695
Humour can take many forms,

shame really , some have a sense of one and some don't.
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 7-May-2019 14:02 Message #4739698
Oh right.

Good come back.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 7-May-2019 14:26 Message #4739702
You've really got to be at the top of your game to make a funny joke using just 9 words...
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 7-May-2019 14:32 Message #4739706
I hope the couple are happy and have a healthy baby.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 7-May-2019 14:43 Message #4739710
I hope the couple are happy and have a healthy baby.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 7-May-2019 16:01 Message #4739715
"I hope they go for something a bit different, royalty have such a limited bunch of names, all those Williams and Georges, if they want something traditional but new to the royal family then they could go for Luke, Christoper, Matthew or Joseph, or they could go daft and we could have Prince Wayne or Titus."

I bet you're surprised, but I'm the opposite, I hope they go for a traditional "royal" name... something with history and grandeur. If not then as you say strong biblical name.

Hope they don't call him something stupid like Mercedes, Armani, Gucci or iPhone!

I would like them to call him Donald though! Hahahaha
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 7-May-2019 18:46 Message #4739724
I hope they don't go for something daft, I wasn't hoping for a Prince Wayne, just somthing normal thats not a traditional royal name, I mean we've had 8 Henry's, 7 Edwards and a few Georges and William's, 3 Richards, 2 Charles's and a John, plus 2 Elizabeth's an Anne and a Victoria. i think they should call it Alfred, Prince Alfie, thats got some history and its one of the few thats not biblical, its quite hard to think of boys names that arn't biblical.
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 7-May-2019 22:13 Message #4739736
What ever the poor sods name. It's been landed a segregate existance. But hope it's healthy and and cared for well.
" From his childhood onwards, this boy will be surrounded by sychophants and flatterers, and will be taught to believe himself as a superior creation. A line will be drawn between him, and the people, whom he is to be called upon some day, to reign over... and the end of it all will be, that the country will be called upon to pay the bill." (Keir Hardie addressing the house of commons on the arrival of the Royal baby) 1894.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 7-May-2019 22:18 Message #4739737
Well he's 7th in line for the throne so Keir Hardie's poetic waffle is probably wasted in this instance - fair play for dredging it up though...
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 7-May-2019 23:03 Message #4739740
Indeed. If we are going to nit pick. Hardy when writing this, was 125 years before this child was born. But truth and elitism cannot be distorted by deflected by snearing Jingoism.

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »