Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

If you spotted...

Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 1-May-2019 18:11 Message #4739413
an Alien spacecraft landing, and some aliens got out, a bit like in 'Close Encounters', would you hang about and say hello, or run a mile?

What about if they looked a bit more horrible?

Why is there so much secrecy regarding any 'encounters'?...Is it because it's all a load of rubbish, and they are just 'scary tales' or just any old made up stuff.

If one landed in a packed supermarket car park, for instance, or in the middle of a football pitch with 60,000 people there, and millions watching on telly, then it would be rather difficult to keep it quiet...Good job for the people who want it all kept secret, that it doesn't happen like that...It only ever happens in secret...with nobody else about.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 1-May-2019 18:36 Message #4739416
Theyre trying to stick to the Prime Directive
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 1-May-2019 19:08 Message #4739424
I would be fascinated, I would have to hide and spy on them. Rivited to the spot.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 2-May-2019 08:51 Message #4739439
It is a good question and I can see no logical reason to believe we are the only intelligent life forms in the universe. Are we a bit arrogant in thinking we are the most intelligent or that aliens would want to visit us?

If a spaceship landed I might watch from a safe distance. If the aliens looked similar to humans or possibly if they resembled ET I might hang around but if they looked like angry centipedes I would be doing a runner.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »