Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Huggy thread

Come and get them

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 28-Apr-2019 09:45 Message #4739332
Good morning one and all,

I hope you survived storm Hannah with the majority of plants and property and of course yourselves intact. I went into town yesterday and it wasn't as windy as I expected it to be.

Good luck to everyone running in the London Marathon today. They prefer cooler conditions so hopefully this will be good for them all. I have a friend running in it for Tommy's and someone from work is running too.

Having spent three days in the garden lugging large bags of compost around it's strange not to be out there this weekend. I'm glad we had a bit of rain overnight as I could hardly get the fork into the front bed as it was baked hard.

So what is everyone doing today? I'm off to do a Tai Chi class this afternoon.

(((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 28-Apr-2019 10:06 Message #4739335
Good morning Twinkle {{{HUGS }}} to you and to all Sunday Huggers to follow.

Lat week Sunday still on holiday in Hampshire enjoying marvelous weather on our trip to Portsmouth .
Today I have to prune a few rosebushes so the wind does not do too much harm should it start blowing again when I go to the Netherlands to visit family. Have not seen them for nearly a year . Intend to spend more time with them this summer and tour around a bit. .
have to be sensible and not overdo it as my shoulder is already protesting!!! the 3 bags of potting compost in the back of the car will have to stay there . Too much work in the garden at this time of the year and wished I could find a reliable person to help me dig, weed and prune.

May have a jacuzzi this afternoon to sooth the shoulder. enjoy your Tai Chi !
{{{HUGS}}}
Female
Lainiepops  Female  Hampshire 28-Apr-2019 10:55 Message #4739338
Good morning everyone.
Hugs are a good way to start the day. Even virtual ones have their remedial effects.
Enjoy your Sunday, whatever you are doing, and whatever the weather
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 28-Apr-2019 11:02 Message #4739339
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

A quiet day today. A little bit of tidying up in the garden after the strong winds yesterday

Hugs to all

Trevor
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 28-Apr-2019 18:09 Message #4739348
Hello leogirl,

I've just seen that there is going to be another heatwave coming soon. I hope you managed to prune your roses without too much pain. May is one of the busier times in the garden.

Did you have your jacuzzi? The Tai Chi was a bit perplexing in places but the meditations were good and only one snore from someone :)

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 28-Apr-2019 18:10 Message #4739349
Hello Lainiepops,

Welcome to the Huggy thread. The rule is that you give a (((HUG))) to everyone who posts on here and they will do the same :) I hope you've had a good Sunday.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 28-Apr-2019 18:12 Message #4739350
Hello Pboro Trevor,

It's been quite a nice day today but the wind has done some damage, not here I'm glad to say. I did move some of my pots off the table onto the floor just in case they were blown over.

(((HUGS)))

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »