Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

A bit breezy

but we need rain here

Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 27-Apr-2019 13:04 Message #4739314
My washing is on the line and I am hoping the gusty wind will dry it before it blows off!
But the plants are crying out for water. I was hopeful for rain over the past couple of days but all we have had was a couple of brief showers. There was not enough rain to come off the roof into my water butt which is nearly empty.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 27-Apr-2019 18:26 Message #4739324
We've had quite a lot and 60-70mph winds, we lost the felt off the shed roof, again. All the plants look so much better for a drink, which reminds me, I must remember to water the greenhouse, just because its wet out I tend to forget that its dry in there.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 27-Apr-2019 22:16 Message #4739328
Not a drop today. We will have to wait for the next Atlantic depression I guess.
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 28-Apr-2019 09:34 Message #4739329
Very windy here in Essex yesterday, not much rain. This morning a very weak sun is trying to come out . |Not enough rain overnight to make a difference to the garden . .
My lawn , that had expensive scarifying , aerating and re- seeding treatment done just before Easter is BEGGING for rain ! Lawn looks bumpy , patchy and yellow in places. I can only work I the garden an hour or so each day before my knees and back starts complaining. .
The fat pigeons are having a feast on the seeds.

Shall buy a little more patch up seeds and rake it in gently with a little sharp sand on top. And a few glittery windmills to scare those pigeons off and plant the last 2 privet scrubs for a new hedge in the front.

leogirl.
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 28-Apr-2019 09:40 Message #4739330
We had a few light showers yesterday but it did rain last night, enough that things look fresh.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 3-May-2019 12:07 Message #4739504
At last, enough rain to freshen things up and refill the water butt!

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »