Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

The latest scum..it seems

Thowheed Jamath

Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 22-Apr-2019 18:07 Message #4739086
I must admit, I don't know an awful lot about them. Not many did...before the Sri Lanka atrocities, but they are being mentioned quite a lot at the moment. They have been around for a while, but now front page news.

The National Thowheed Jamath ( NTJ ) is being suspected of the bombings, with an 'international Network' Linked.

Disgusting scum...and to think that some people don't mind the thought of these kind of terrorists entering our country...innocent until proven guilty etc...pathetic and crazy...Sympathisers should have blood on their hands...

A worrying thing is there appears to be a UK version of them. The United Kingdom Thowheed Jamath ( UKTJ ).

There are a few mentions of it on the internet, although not much info, but I have also found a company that was set up on the 2nd April this year called 'United Kingdom Thowheed Jamath Limited'

With ISIS in the process of being defeated, other things take over. Scary and worrying times.

Very sad for the victims in Sri Lanka and their families.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 24-Apr-2019 10:03 Message #4739140
Still no confirmation of who carried out the bombings, although some info is being released regarding possible IS involvement and one of the terrorists being educated in this country.

With regards to the 'Thowheed Jamath' possible links, and the information that is online regarding a UK version of them, I decided to report it to the security services.

I could have 'assumed' that they are already aware of a UK version, or that someone else has reported it, which, although very likely the case, would not have 'put my mind at rest'

So I found that the UK version, set up a few weeks ago, uses a registered address in London, which is the address of a 'Company formation group', used by many to set up and register their businesses.

I rang the group, and asked if they were aware of any investigations into UKTJ, and the person I spoke to said that he wasn't aware of any, so I then got onto the Security Services website, and filled in the report form with all the information that I have.

They may be inundated with people like me trying to be 'investigators' or whatever, but at least I feel better for doing it, rather than assuming they already know.

Hopefully UKTJ will be investigated.
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 24-Apr-2019 12:12 Message #4739149
I can't imagine it being that straightforward. There are 'terror cells' all over Europe, but not to be alarmed, I'm sure the security forces are well aware which ones are likely to be active. Umpteen attempts at setting off bombs have been foiled over the years, as Cameron used to keep telling us. May doesn't feel the need to reassure the public. She is hell bent on other things.

The security forces in Sri Lanka missed a link, as in not passing on essential info. about this before it happened, which is why it was so devastating.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 24-Apr-2019 13:27 Message #4739155
Who knows what's going on with it all..There are probably many things where it is no more than just a pathetic loner in their bedroom, in their underpants, thinking they will create a terror cell...It is probably more terrifying thinking of them in their underpants...

It just seems a bit suspicious that the UK company was only set up a few weeks ago, by somebody called Yassin Hussain

It certainly needs investigating, in my opinion.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 24-Apr-2019 13:53 Message #4739156
Well done tumbleweed, better safe than sorry. Sometimes things are missed.
Male
omarrk  Male  Middlesex 7-May-2019 12:46 Message #4739682
“It certainly needs investigating, in my opinion”

What does not need to be investigated because it is in public knowledge now is the fact that ISIS was created by the Americans to overthrow the legitimate government of Syria amongst many other atrocities throughout the world, the only reason they have been defeated is because the people of that country stood alongside their government, they also received help from the Russians and the Iranians while the western powers supported their own creation...the terrorists.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 7-May-2019 14:26 Message #4739701
TROLLL LLL LLL
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 7-May-2019 14:27 Message #4739703
Who knows what's going on with it all..There are probably many things where it is no more than just a pathetic loner in their bedroom, in their underpants, thinking they will create a terror cell...It is probably more terrifying thinking of them in their underpants...

It just seems a bit suspicious that the UK company was only set up a few weeks ago, by somebody called Yassin Hussain

It certainly needs investigating, in my opinion.

Always better to be safe. Too many innocent people die when you take you eye off the ball.
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 7-May-2019 17:23 Message #4739719
Osmarrk
What does not need to be investigated because it is in public knowledge now is the fact that ISIS was created by the Americans to overthrow the legitimate government of Syria amongst many other atrocities throughout the world, the only reason they have been defeated is because the people of that country stood alongside their government, they also received help from the Russians and the Iranians while the western powers supported their own creation...the terrorists.
………..

You're obviously from the middle east, and you have a grievance. And troll or not some of what you say is true.

ISIS is the child of the Iraq war. But I don't think Bush remotely had the intelligence to engineer them to overthrow Bashar al Assad. He was advised by his military not to dismantle the Iraqi army (trained by Americans) but he ignored the advice. And I agree the people do support Assad. And that at Assad's request, the Russians timely intervention prevented ISIS taking Syria, and giving us a legitimate excuse to invade. Syria being a sovereign country we did not have the right to invade it.

But we have … you could say a legitimate reason or to be in control of that region. The reason being the USD, which as universal currency of the world, is underpinned by oil, and all oil is sold in USDs.
Male
omarrk  Male  Middlesex 10-May-2019 14:37 Message #4739914
Gulping,

It really does not matter where I am from, what does matter is the fact that the people who have been elected into high offices are the biggest terrorists, these are the same people who have created al-qaida, the mujaideen, the talabans, Asama bin Ladin,Saddam Hussain, ISIS and numerous other terrorists groups, what else these same bastards do is to go war at the drop of a hat and on damn right lies which result in millions of people being killed and countries destroyed.

Well the dominance of the American doller in world trade is fast coming to an end, the Russians and the Chinese have started the ball rolling by agreeing to trade with each other in their own currencies. All the countries who are part of China’s one belt one road initiative are also going to join them as well others like Iran,Turkey and Vanezvaila and quite frankly I don’t blame them.

America really has never been interested in working towards peace in the world, it sees every conflict in the word as a business opportunity for them sell more and more of their WMDs.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 10-May-2019 16:12 Message #4739924
Osmarrk
………..

You're obviously from the middle east, and you have a grievance. And troll or not some of what you say is true.

ISIS is the child of the Iraq war. But I don't think Bush remotely had the intelligence to engineer them to overthrow Bashar al Assad. He was advised by his military not to dismantle the Iraqi army (trained by Americans) but he ignored the advice. And I agree the people do support Assad. And that at Assad's request, the Russians timely intervention prevented ISIS taking Syria, and giving us a legitimate excuse to invade. Syria being a sovereign country we did not have the right to invade it.

But we have … you could say a legitimate reason or to be in control of that region. The reason being the USD, which as universal currency of the world, is underpinned by oil, and all oil is sold in USDs.

Words are wasted on the troll.
Male
omarrk  Male  Middlesex 10-May-2019 17:50 Message #4739929
Yes you are right, words really are wasted on you.
Male
Jeff  Male  East Sussex 11-May-2019 20:46 Message #4739992
Gilpin (to Omarrk): "You're obviously from the middle east"

Omarrk's family came from Pakistan, and he posts falsehoods about Pakistan and other countries in the middle east.
For example, in thread "isis pair call beheadings regrettable" http://www.midsummerseve.com/fora/thread.aspx?threadid=190525&page=3 see my posts on 13-Apr-18 at 23:41 & 23:44.

In thread "Muslims Like Us" http://www.midsummerseve.com/fora/thread.aspx?threadid=188039&page=4) on 15-Jan-17 at 12:27 & 12:30 (later kindly repeated by Londonlee) I posted some of the numerous instances of Omarrk's hypocrisy in not answering my questions whereas he criticises other people for not answering his questions. When he could read my posts, he ignored them or responded by false gross insults.

On those webpages and many others, my posts factually detail (with references where appropriate) Omarrk's numerous falsehoods and frequent hypocrisy.
Male
Jeff  Male  East Sussex 11-May-2019 20:48 Message #4739993
Omarrk: "the people who have been elected into high offices are the biggest terrorists, these are the same people who have created al-qaida, the mujaideen, the talabans, Asama bin Ladin,Saddam Hussain, ISIS and numerous other terrorists groups"

Omarrk accuses the USA and Israel for creating these groups - yet those groups know Islam very well and love Islam, and hate the USA and would love to destroy Israel.

In thread "Muslims Like Us" page 6, on 24-Jan-17 at 20:51 I posted some more of Omarrk's statements of false criticisms of the West. And:-
"Following Omarrk quoting approvingly anti-semite Jack Bernstein I repeatedly asked Omarrk whether he agreed with Bernstein's statements in the same article that Jews are communists who worked with the fascists to create the holocaust, and "clever murderous Zionists, WHO, incidentally, have been responsible for pushing America into WORLD WAR I, WORLD WAR II, the KOREAN WAR and the VIETNAM WAR.". But Omarrk didn't respond.
Similarly despite my repeated requests he didn't express disagreement with my quotes from the Hamas charter such as "Zionists "are behind the French Revolution, the Communist Revolution, and most of the revolutions ... the First World War ... the Second World War ... the United Nations and Security Council ... the drug and alcohol trade ... the "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion""

Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 12-May-2019 19:25 Message #4740067
The above lot would be fighting with or without the interference of the west. They just happen to be sitting on a commodity that regulates the world economy. And if that region badly kicked off we could have a recession that would make 2008 look like a picnic. We have no choice but to keep the upper hand.

But Israel has nukes, and that shuts them up and keeps them relatively in order.
Male
omarrk  Male  Middlesex 13-May-2019 13:08 Message #4740094
“But Israel has nukes”

Actually ...illegally held nukes.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 13-May-2019 13:19 Message #4740099
A post helpful to omarrk who I understand can't read Jeff's posts.

Omarrk: "the people who have been elected into high offices are the biggest terrorists, these are the same people who have created al-qaida, the mujaideen, the talabans, Asama bin Ladin,Saddam Hussain, ISIS and numerous other terrorists groups"

Omarrk accuses the USA and Israel for creating these groups - yet those groups know Islam very well and love Islam, and hate the USA and would love to destroy Israel.

In thread "Muslims Like Us" page 6, on 24-Jan-17 at 20:51 I posted some more of Omarrk's statements of false criticisms of the West. And:-
"Following Omarrk quoting approvingly anti-semite Jack Bernstein I repeatedly asked Omarrk whether he agreed with Bernstein's statements in the same article that Jews are communists who worked with the fascists to create the holocaust, and "clever murderous Zionists, WHO, incidentally, have been responsible for pushing America into WORLD WAR I, WORLD WAR II, the KOREAN WAR and the VIETNAM WAR.". *But Omarrk didn't respond.

Similarly despite my repeated requests he didn't express disagreement with my quotes from the Hamas charter such as "Zionists "are behind the French Revolution, the Communist Revolution, and most of the revolutions ... the First World War ... the Second World War ... the United Nations and Security Council ... the drug and alcohol trade ... the "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion""

C&P. Source Jeff.
Male
omarrk  Male  Middlesex 13-May-2019 20:08 Message #4740123
HotOrWot,

Let me tell you something which may help you construct a valid argument, there is nothing Islamic about these terrorists who go and blow up people. They are hired hands who will go and fight for whoever pays them the most cash.

How come ISIS has never attacked America or Israel?
Male
Jeff  Male  East Sussex 13-May-2019 23:14 Message #4740135
HotOrWot,

Thank you for copy/pasting my post so that Omarrk can read it. He still doesn't dispute what Jack Bernstein and Hamas wrote.

I have repeatedly asked Admin to unblock us, and MSE helpers have tried, but Admin has always ignored it. I would welcome other people also asking for it.

On request, or if Omarrk persists, I can give many references to when Omarrk could read my posts but ignored them.

Omarrk: "Have a look at what Baroness Warsi said about ‘uK citizens who fight in Israel army should be prosecuted when they return."

ISIS and Israel aren't in a similar situation. Baroness Warsi is Muslim, and although entitled to her views, she is not the most unbiased of commentators.

Omarrk: "there is nothing Islamic about these terrorists who go and blow up people. They are hired hands who will go and fight for whoever pays them the most cash."

Their quotes from the qur'an and hadith, prayers, chants, songs, banners, publicity, shouts of Allahu Akbar (meaning Allah is greater/greatest, not just great) all show that they are extremely strongly Islamic. They know what Muhammad said and did much better than most Muslims who are peaceful. People who deliberately blow themselves up or attack innocent people at a high risk of armed police killing them don't do it for the money. So these are yet more falsehoods from Omarrk.

Omarrk: "How come ISIS has never attacked America or Israel?"

ISIS has repeatedly threatened America and Israel. ISIS didn't attack them because it fought other branches of Islam and it wasn't strong enough in America and Israel.
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 14-May-2019 16:41 Message #4740150
Osmark

Actually … illegally held nukes.
………..

Actually wrong.

"the legality of the possession, as opposed to actual use, of nuclear weapons.[citation needed] The Court looked at various treaties, including the UN Charter, and found no treaty language that specifically forbade the possession of nuclear weapons in a categorical way. "
Male
omarrk  Male  Middlesex 16-May-2019 13:43 Message #4740230
Gulpin,
You have got a lot to learn about being honest...Israel nukes ARE illegally held under international law no matter how much you try disguise that fact.
Male
Jeff  Male  East Sussex 17-May-2019 11:57 Message #4740303
Gilpin,

You quoted from Wikipedia "International Court of Justice advisory opinion on the Legality of the Threat or Use of Nuclear Weapons", in which 15 international judges were asked their advisory opinion which is non binding, and gave their views in 1996. I don't know how much the judges from nuclear owning countries (such as the United States, Russia and the UK) were swayed by their government's policies and ownership of nuclear weapons.

The threat of retaliation if militarily necessary and proportional might not be illegal. However, I think that in non-nuclear matters Israel often responds too hard, so is not proportional. In the past Omarrk has criticised Israel's Samson option of massive retaliation. But that is a ""last resort" against a country whose military has invaded and/or destroyed much of Israel" (Wikipedia).

Is Omarrk right about international law? I know very little about the subject, but the following might be helpful.

Wikipedia on "Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons" includes (my emphasis):-
"The Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons (TPNW), or the Nuclear Weapon Ban Treaty, is the first legally binding international agreement to comprehensively prohibit nuclear weapons, with the goal of leading towards their total elimination. It was passed on 7 July 2017. In order to come into effect, signature and ratification by at least 50 countries is required. For those nations that are party to it, the treaty prohibits the development, testing, production, stockpiling, stationing, transfer, use and threat of use of nuclear weapons, as well as assistance and encouragement to the prohibited activities. For nuclear armed states joining the treaty, it provides for a time-bound framework for negotiations leading to the verified and irreversible elimination of its nuclear weapons programme. ...
In the vote on the treaty text, 122 were in favour, 1 voted against (Netherlands), and 1 abstained (Singapore). 69 nations did not vote, among them all of the nuclear weapon states and all NATO members except the Netherlands. ... No nuclear-armed nation has expressed support for a ban treaty; indeed, a number of them, including the United States and Russia, have expressed explicit opposition. ... Many of the non-nuclear-armed members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), along with Australia and Japan, are also resistant to a ban treaty, as they believe that US nuclear weapons enhance their security. ... Following the treaty's adoption, the permanent missions of the United States, the United Kingdom and France issued a joint statement indicating that they did not intend "to sign, ratify or ever become party to it ... 70 states have signed the Treaty and 23 have ratified it"

The states having nuclear weapons are U.S.A., Russia, U.K., France, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea and Israel. These countries are not just in the West. They even include Omarrk's family country of Pakistan. I dislike that Israel avoids certain treaties because it doesn't clearly admit having nuclear weapons and what is its policy. The TPNW is less than 2 years old, and if it is international law then it seems to me that all these countries (not just Israel) may be violating it, but if it is a treaty that a country can decide whether to join or not join, then presumably they are not violating international law.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »