Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

What Happens

Next?

1 2 3 4 5 Next >  Last >> 

Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 12-Apr-2019 18:51 Message #4738514
Julian Assange arrested.

What happens next?
We can start with the UK government, did anyone else notice how weak they appeared.
Is Jeremy Hunt really a senior UK minister?
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 12-Apr-2019 21:12 Message #4738522
Weasel Assange believes he is above the law and shamefully Diane Abbott appears to think the same.

Sweden are looking to re-ignite their case against him so hopefully he will be extradited there. They most certainly do not use torture or the death penalty and probably impose the most liberal and humane forms of legal punishment in the world. Assange is a slime ball of the first order and does not deserve to get away scot free..
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 12-Apr-2019 21:41 Message #4738523
Just out of interest Tsunami, what did he do wrong?
You do realize that the Swedish case was fabricated?
Do you read Ron Broxted, he even names the 2 women for you.

I do not think I am allowed to name them, but take a look at Ron's website.
Some other scum on there to look at too.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 12-Apr-2019 22:15 Message #4738526
I don't really care what happens to him as long as he goes somewhere far away and doesn't cost us any more money.
The bloke is a complete waste of skin...
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 12-Apr-2019 22:30 Message #4738528
Who on earth is Ron Broxted? Why is he any more believable than anyone else involved?
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 12-Apr-2019 23:02 Message #4738530
Broxted is a much smaller version of Assange so no surprise he is a fan. Broxted also thinks he is above the law and has in the past been arrested for harassment and malicious communication.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 12-Apr-2019 23:07 Message #4738532
Why not have a look?
What is different about Ron Broxted aka Ciaran Rehill.

If you have an interest in legal cases, you will frequently see evidence that a person is innocent or guilty.
The evidence is there, but the court rules the evidence can not be used.
In one case recently the evidence to prove someone innocent was available, but ruled out.
And the person concerned was found guilty, and sent to prison.

Ron makes a complete mockery of the British justice system.
A system that still thinks it can offer anonymity.
Ron names them, because he is outside UK.
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 12-Apr-2019 23:10 Message #4738533
Like many conspiracy theorists Broxted does indeed present information which he considers to be evidence but I’ve seen nothing about him which inspires any confidence he is right.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 12-Apr-2019 23:28 Message #4738535
It would seem that certain members of the Labour party, who could end up in power, are quite happy to see ours and America's military secrets splashed all over the internet by Wikileaks for all our enemies to see.
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 13-Apr-2019 01:15 Message #4738538
I don't know whether he is innocent or guilty, nor do I care about him splashing details of supposed military secrets all over the internet. Whether he'll get a fair trial I don't know, I do know both the US and UK governments are not above lying and cheating and nor do they really care about us.
In one way I agree with heirophant, though I wouldn't have put it quite that way. He's cost a lot of money and will cost a lot more and right now we need money spending on health, on the fire and ambulance services, on the police, on a lot more things. I think back to Grenfell and wonder how much money is now being spent on that which should have been spent before.
What happens next with Assange? my guess is the yanks will get him and like Snowden before him, throw him in prison whether innocent or guilty.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 13-Apr-2019 09:04 Message #4738544
NotHermit, Why are you so protective of Assange?...
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 13-Apr-2019 10:32 Message #4738551
Good point why are you porotective of Assange? I think he should be extradited to Sweden if theres a case for him to answer, but I think extraditing him the USA is wrong, I don't think he'd get a fair trial, I think the US government want to punish him for exposing them murdering civillians.

I do think Assange has some other questions to answer, like why only American secrets? Why only target the Democrat campaign? What was the role of Russia in this?

Also he's hardly a fearless journalist if he goes and holes up in the Ecuadorean Embassy for years, I thought that was cowardly, you either stand up for what you believe in for all to see, or you do so anonomously so as you can keep doing it.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 13-Apr-2019 15:17 Message #4738568
So terry you don't care about Assange splashing ours and American secrets all over the internet and possibly putting our soldiers lives at risk.
Also the lives of Iraqis and Afghanistans who supported are troops who were named by Wikileaks and now live in fear of being captured, tortured and killed by the Taliban.
Glad to see you nailed your true colours to the mast.

Strange how the left and the Democrats pursue a relentless campaign against Trump and his so called treatment of women yet defend Assange.
Hypocrites.
Male
omarrk  Male  Middlesex 13-Apr-2019 17:16 Message #4738571
“splashing ours and American secrets all over the internet”

What bloody secrets???...there are no military secrets, our and America’s militaries do what they are told to do by the Israeli Zionists Jews, simple.

Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 13-Apr-2019 19:01 Message #4738575
"our and America’s militaries do what they are told to do by the Israeli Zionists Jews, simple."

PMSL!! Yeah, of course they do! This would have ideal for posting on April 1st!
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 13-Apr-2019 19:59 Message #4738577
I do not see what Assange has done wrong?
What military secrets has he given away?
Do you mean the Collateral Murder video?
I think the only military info he got was from Chelsea Manning, he is just a journalist, that's the whole point.

Why not watch the Collateral Murder video?

Now lets remember 7 years ago.
Extraditon of Assange from UK to US was taking a long time, maybe not happening.

At this point 2 women from Sweden claim he raped one and molested the other?
One of the women later found to have CIA connections.
Sweden requests extradition, Ecuador offers asylum.
Assange offers to return to Sweden to face any accusations on one condition.
Assurance he will not be extradited to USA from Sweden.
Sweden give no guarantee, so Assange stays in embassy.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 13-Apr-2019 20:06 Message #4738578
Sweden issued an international arrest warrant for Assange over allegations of sexual assault in 2010. He was detained in the UK, and later bailed over the allegations.
It followed claims that while on a visit to Stockholm to give a lecture, Assange had raped one woman and sexually molested and coerced another.
Assange says both encounters were entirely consensual and the Swedish efforts against him are part of a smear campaign.

The Swedish authorities should be allowed to pursue this.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 13-Apr-2019 20:36 Message #4738581
Thanks Hot or Wot, just had a check up.
So the women never actually made a complaint about sexual offences?
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 14-Apr-2019 08:15 Message #4738590
Also Hot or Wot.
Assange is not actually accused of rape.

Seems the offence was Sex without a condom
A strange law which I think is unique to Sweden, visitors have to use a condom.
I have seen cartoons which seem to suggest it is only the first time.
So Assange had sex twice with said lady, the first time was illegal (In Sweden only, and visitors to the country only).
The 2nd time was legal, even in Sweden.

Also, minor offences would not be followed up on Joe Bloggs, but for some reason Assange is different?
Another clue would be that the offences timed out.
Minor offences?
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 14-Apr-2019 08:28 Message #4738592
Tsunami Warrior?

Have you read the above post?
Note minor offences, and timed out.
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire 14-Apr-2019 09:49 Message #4738596
Articles I have read have made the sexual offences much more serious than that and the fact he has been in hiding and the sexual offences have been timed out does not make him any less guilty. I think the Swedish are still intending to prosecute for sexual offences,
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 14-Apr-2019 16:09 Message #4738618
What will happen to Assange? If the Americans get him, no one will ever
find out. They don't take kindly to infiltrators of their …. erm …. spotless reputation in war crimes. Made up stories and propaganda, fake news?

Wasn't one of the accusers of the rape charge an ex FBI agent? And she dropped her case when it was discovered. But that's ok, there's always someone else to pick it up in her place.
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire 14-Apr-2019 16:32 Message #4738620
Assange has never stood trial and we have not heard the evidence so we will have to wait to discover whether or not he is guilty of sexual offences. I’m sure everyone will have plenty of time to take guesses prior to the trial.
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 14-Apr-2019 16:40 Message #4738621
Andromeda

The reason Assange has never stood trial, is because the US can extradite him from Sweden. In the US the death sentence can be handed out for treason and espionage.

Assange could, at that time, have incurred a death sentence if he had been extradited to the US. For leaking secrets (some of which were made up accusations against foreign governments) I think they would have wanted to get rid of him. If for no other reason than it deters any other journalist from attempting to uncover what they do.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 14-Apr-2019 19:01 Message #4738627
Good one Andromeda.

Can an FBI agent not be raped or sexually assaulted? If everyone assumes that an FBI agent can't then how can any who do get justice? I can understand the assumption that it must be set up, but an assumption is what it is at this stage and theres still one other woman who accuses him of sexual assault who has nothing professionally to do with law enforcement.

1 2 3 4 5 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »