Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Huggy thread

Let's get hugging

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 10-Mar-2019 09:33 Message #4736700
Good morning everyone,

I'm in a it of a rush this morning as I am going out shortly to my first sound gong bath followed by a vision board workshop. I'm a bit concerned about the strength of the wind this morning but I don't have to go too far so hopefully any branches/trees that may have come down will have been moved out of the way. My neighbours fence is flapping and is resting on my flowering currant at the moment.

I will (((HUG))) you all later and comment on the conversation.

Have a good day whatever you're doing and stay safe. (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 10-Mar-2019 10:05 Message #4736701
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

Going to remove the carpet and underlay from my lounge to day in preparation for a new real wood floor.

The only other thing I have to do on this wet day is to watch the rugby

Hugs to all

Trevor
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire 10-Mar-2019 10:09 Message #4736702
Morning Twinkle

How are you today?

Went to the New Sailing Club annual Dinner last night which was quite good, and in that somewhat better than the former sailing clubs event. It was suggested that it was a Black tie do, and to my surprise, there where quite a few black ties being worn? I also discovered tha my dress shirt no longer fits me - so will need to buy a new for the next event?

Today at present the wind conditions seem quite good, but the forecast suggest force 5 gusting force 8 this afternoon. So seems a little pointless in driving over there if I am going to get blown off the water?

Anyway my low fuel warning light came on last night so will need to fill up at some point today?

Mike

(((HUGS TO ALL)))
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 10-Mar-2019 10:19 Message #4736703
Good morning, Twinkle and all fellow Sunday Huggers

Sounds like an interesting day, Twinkle!

My task for today, if I can ever get myself motivated, is to do loads of ironing. Oh, joy!!!

Hope everyone has a good day doing whatever makes you feel good. (Ironing doesn't make me feel good, but a glass of wine and music and dancing while ironing usually helps!)
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 10-Mar-2019 11:31 Message #4736710
hello Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers {{{HUGS}}} to you all. tell us all about this strange experiences you will have in the bath with the gong!

At the moment I have my son staying with me. He crept in the spare bedroom after a rock concert with his friends well after midnight. at the moment he is doing the list of little jobs for me,
As it is blowing a gale outside and he was jet spraying the wheels of the car and the drive way- I now have speckled windows!
In a few minutes my daughter, her husband and the dogs are coming for coffee. A rare " Sunday morning " get together , before son shoots off again to Buckinghamshire .

I has been a stressful week with lots of stress and misunderstandings with neighbours. I just hope that the fence to the left does not move an inch towards the neighbours garden ... `nuf said...

I am making a cup of Blue Mountain coffee . ( a present for me when daughter and husband went to Jamaica. )

{{{HUGS}}} to all and have a pleasant day !

leogirl.
Female
Sea Urchin  Female  Essex 10-Mar-2019 13:09 Message #4736716
Good afternoon Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers,
I am intrigues as to gongs in the bath? Is a vision board anther way to describe a mirror? : -) It has been just as intriguing out here in Bali, as have just celebrated Nyepi (Quiet Day). Everything stops. No traffic or flights etc. You have to stay within the confines of your property. A little unfair, as a big difference between a one room flat and acres of rice fields to o walk over. Not too bad for me as had a lovely swimming pool, sea views and breakfast overlooking the beach. Not allowed to walk on it though. And didn't realise but no wifi for 24 hours. 6am one day until 6 am the next. This is all hoodwink the evil spirits, into thinking everybody has gone away. There was a huge ceremony and procession the previous day. Lots of big ugly monsters on large square pallets made from bamboo canes and carried by several people. They would twist them about though and go back and forth towards the crowd, I wasn't quite sure if these were meant to be the evil spirits, or to frighten the evil spirits away? And of course they put out their offerings as they do about three times a day but a little more elaborate with extras in. Thes are usually palm sized little square baskets, made with wide flat grasses and contain flower petals, teaspoons of rice, sweats wrapped in foiled paper, maybe a small biscuit or larger one wrapped in cellophane, with sometimes an orange, apple or banana, with incense sticks. But larger baskets will have more in them. The time they spend making these and putting them out each day and adding to the litter, would be better spent picking up litter They all end up in a smelly pile later, as unfortunately not one God comes to collect his offerings. Ah well...and evil spirit must have been fooled, as haven't seen one. : -) And today I spent snorkelling over the Liberty Shipwreck at Tulamben. Absolutely teaming with very colourful and unusual fish.
Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.
Sending very warm (((Hugs))) from me.
Male
Geone  Male  South East London 10-Mar-2019 15:31 Message #4736722
(((H U G)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 10-Mar-2019 16:17 Message #4736723
Hello Trevor,

Hope you have managed to remove the carpet and underlay relatively easily. When's the new floor being laid?

It hasn't been wet here but is still quite gusty at times. Hope the best team won.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 10-Mar-2019 16:20 Message #4736724
Good afternoon contender,

I'm a bit windswept. It must be nice to get the chance to dress up for a formal dinner once in a while. Perhaps the lack of sailing and retirement has contributed to your dress shirt not fitting you?

Ah the wind, it's either not enough or too much where your sailing is concerned. It must balance out at some point.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 10-Mar-2019 16:22 Message #4736725
Hello jennifer,

It was an interesting day. They're going to do another gong bath in a month's time.

Ironing :( I seem to always have an ironing mountain, probably because I iron what I need for the week and leave the rest, especially on weekends like this when I haven't been home much. Go steady on the SB, I don't want to hear of any scorch marks!

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 10-Mar-2019 16:28 Message #4736726
Hello leogirl,

The gong bath consists of you lying on a yoga mat under a warm blanket whilst people play gongs, Tibetan ringing bowls and other instruments. It starts with a guided meditation. It all went well until someone started to snore really loudly. They did say at the start that some people fall asleep during the bath.

I'm glad your son is helping out and hope he managed to clear your list for you ready for you to compile another one for next time :)

What is it about neighbours huh? Are they the same ones with the over hanging trees?

Have a good afternoon. (((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 10-Mar-2019 16:29 Message #4736727
Hello Geone,

Welcome to the Sunday Huggy thread. The rules are that you send a (((HUG))) to everyone who posts on here and they will do the same to you.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 10-Mar-2019 16:39 Message #4736729
Hello Sea Urchin,

No actual baths involved. The vision board is a way of manifesting things that you want. A bit like the Laws of Attraction. We had lots of magazines, stickers, ribbon, feathers, string etc and again we started with a short meditation to focus on what we wanted then we selected pictures and words to stick on our boards. If you are artistic, I'm not, you can also draw your own pictures/words on it. It felt like a very positive afternoon with some lovely ladies :)

Quiet Day sounds interesting, in the extreme. What a waste of food though. It's really interesting to hear your stories of how different cultures live. I bet the snorkelling was interesting. Again, I have never snorkelled but it must have been a beautiful sight with all the fish and the wreck looks impressive too.

Enjoy your Sunday, if that's what day it is there. (((HUGS)))
Female
Phoenixnights  Female  Nottinghamshire 10-Mar-2019 17:36 Message #4736733
Good Afternoon Twinkle and all Huggers,

I'm glad you explained the gong bath as my imagination was running riot.

Its been a lousy day here weather wise so have been doing chores and watching TV before next weeks onslaught tomorrow. I think you should be allowed a 3 day weekend over 50 - I need that long to recover from the week before !
((hugs)) to all

Male
elrond  Male  the Highlands and Islands of Scotland 10-Mar-2019 18:39 Message #4736735
l opened the curtains this morning and nearly went back to bed ! ALL White !!
what happened to spring? it has been snowing on and off all day but the groung is wet and warm so it is not getting deep

(((hugs))) to all
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 10-Mar-2019 19:13 Message #4736739
It has been bitterly cold when the sun went down here in Essex . elround.

That NIP in the air came straight from Scotland.
leogirl.
Male
Geone  Male  South East London 11-Mar-2019 07:06 Message #4736745
Hi There Twinkle lol & everyone enjoy your Monday LOL!!!
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Mar-2019 18:48 Message #4736760
Hello Phoenixnights,

Long time no see. Are you fully recovered now?

I know how you feel. We've certainly had an onslaught today. Perhaps the week will quieten down now? I used to do an alternate three day weekend but drove up to York on the weekends in between to uni. I tend to sit up far too late at the weekend.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 11-Mar-2019 18:50 Message #4736761
Hello elrond,

They did forecast snow for the north but I know they've been wrong before. We haven't got to spring yet. 'Ne'er cast a clout til May is out'.

(((HUGS)))

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »