Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Huggy thread

Come and get them

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 3-Mar-2019 10:21 Message #4736417
Good morning one and all,

It's a bit wet and windy here at the moment. I hope those of you in Wales and in the north are prepared for storm Freya as she hits us later today.
I was kept awake into the early hours last night by the rain lashing down against my window then this morning I was woken in the early hours by the sound of my neighbours loose fence panel banging - again! and something scrabbling on the roof, maybe the squirrel. Anyway I eventually managed to get back to sleep both times hence the lateness of this thread.

I woke up feeling a bit sad as it's the anniversary of my Mum's death today and yesterday would've been her birthday. She did die quite a few years ago. Anyway enough of my maudling, what is everyone doing today apart from battening down the hatches? I have to move things to make way for workmen who are coming in a couple of week's time. Luckily things are still in boxes so that makes it a bit easier. I haven't decided what I'm going to eat but I did make a roast chicken dinner for my son and grandchildren on Friday so could have some of the chicken and roast some more veg to go with it. I keep thinking about rice pudding too.

Don't forget your pancakes on Tuesday. (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire 3-Mar-2019 11:27 Message #4736418
Morning Twinkle

Yes it's raining here also, which is a shame but I did spend a couple of hours on the other boat yesterday,? Having committed to purchasing a few upgrades for it. I plan is to get this boat on the water next month?

Last Wednesday I became ill, so much so I chose not to go shopping that day? In fact it wasn't until Friday that I had to go and do the shopping as i was beginning to run a little low on food stuffs?

Still not 100% but I am at least moving in that direction, however I have chosen not to go sailing today.

Mike
(((HUG TO ALL)))
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 3-Mar-2019 11:27 Message #4736419
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

Had a very early morning as I was supposed to be taking 4 cadets flying ta RAF Cranwell, but on checking their facebook page at 06:35 this morning found that they had cancelled flying. So updated the status on the squadron's pages to let everyone know that flying was cancelled, fed the cats and went back to bed.

Hugs to all

Trevor
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 3-Mar-2019 12:19 Message #4736428
Good morning Twinkle and everyone, a bit miserable and overcast here in Manchester waiting for the storm to do its worst tonight, no doubt I’ll sleep right through it,
Dog sitting at my sisters again today, it’s getting on a bit now it’s a toss up who goes first me or the dog.
((( Hugs)))
Female
Sea Urchin  Female  Essex 3-Mar-2019 13:08 Message #4736436
Good Morninging Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.
Hope the weather brightens up for everybody. I know anniversaries can be painful Twinkle but try to think of the good times.
At the moment I have just arrived in Amed, or Jemeluk to be more precise. Actually staying in what is called a Hotel rather than a Homestay. The bus stopped right outside and I had a couple of places in mind that I would head to but driver suggested to try here. I almost didn't and about to walk away when quoted a price almost double I wanted to pay. Asked me my budget and then showed me a really nice room, with balcony in front overlooking the sea. All the rooms are on tiers as up a hillside and just above me is a huge swimming pool surrounded by fish ponds and Hindu statues. They own the cafe just across the road, where there is an all you can eat buffet style breakfast included each morning, right on the beach wth sea directly in front. I had planned to stay at two or three places around the coastline here but may just stay here now, as really comfy double bed and they change the bedding and clean the room every day and only £8 a night. Definitely pays to just turn up.
I did go on rather a marathon walk yesterday around the coast though. with spectacular mountain views on the way. Walked quite a few kilometres to a shipwreck to snorkel over, which was good and also snorkelled a couple of other places as well. The coral and colourful fish are amazing and extends around the whole coastline here. Defiitely hot walking back though with lots of steep uphill climbs. Think I am seen as quite an oddity, as very few walk anywhere.
The Indonesians go everywhere by motor bike. I continually see young children racing around everywhere, especially at the start and finish of school times, with at least two to three on a bike and none wearing helmets. Now in England a child would get their first bicycle. Out here they skip the bicycle stage and get their first motor bike instead.
Wishing everybody a lovely Sunday.
Sending very warm (((Hugs))) from me.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 3-Mar-2019 15:38 Message #4736439
Sounds absolutely wondeful Sea Urchin. I am so envious at your confidence to travel the high seas alone. Its so interesting to hear your news, please keep it coming.

V x
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 3-Mar-2019 15:49 Message #4736440
Hello Huggers (((hugs)))

Due to the rain and wind we spent the early part of morning having breakfast at the Toby Jug ( which was yummy) we then went to a CB/market which was pretty damp, but I managed to find a few good things at a house-clearance stall, which I am quite pleased with. We came back home with newspapers to have a read and relax. So rare that we sit down and do this ( thats why I am always tired).. lol. I have a glass of wine in one hand and am checking emails with the other... its qute nice doing nothing just for once.

Hope everyone is having a good day and (((hugs))) to all

PS The wind is getting up now, so I guess storm Freya is on the way.

V x
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 3-Mar-2019 15:49 Message #4736441
Hello Huggers (((hugs)))

Due to the rain and wind we spent the early part of morning having breakfast at the Toby Jug ( which was yummy) we then went to a CB/market which was pretty damp, but I managed to find a few good things at a house-clearance stall, which I am quite pleased with. We came back home with newspapers to have a read and relax. So rare that we sit down and do this ( thats why I am always tired).. lol. I have a glass of wine in one hand and am checking emails with the other... its qute nice doing nothing just for once.

Hope everyone is having a good day and (((hugs))) to all

PS The wind is getting up now, so I guess storm Freya is on the way.

V x
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 3-Mar-2019 18:48 Message #4736451
hello Twinkle and all the Sunday huggers. {{{HUGS }}} to you all and hope you are all cosy inside having your tea

Horrible dark , dull , rainy day . enough to FEEL PRETTY MISERABLE . Luckily a friend suggested a trip to a garden centre to get a few scrubs and have a bite to eat in the café.

Next week I hope to have a bit more energy after my 3 monthly Vit B 12 injection and tackle a bit more gardening . I want to get a few bags of horse manure to make the hedge thick and lush as my neighbours are doing their best to kill the hedge wich is only 1.5 meter from my
large window which has been there long before they moved in.

leogirl

All the best.

(((HUGS))) leogirl.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »