Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

SAR

request

Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 27-Feb-2019 20:01 Message #4736257
Every time I make a SAR request it always ends up delayed.
I have got one at the moment.
Lack of staff will be one week late, followed by person that signs SAR off was not at work all week.

Does anyone else make SAR requests, and do they arrive in the legal time limit?
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 27-Feb-2019 20:04 Message #4736259
Silly me... but I dont know what SAR stands for... ???
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 27-Feb-2019 20:29 Message #4736264
I'm guessing this is a Subject Acces Request, where a person requests information from an organisation/company.

I've never yet put one in Hermit, but being a cynical sod I would suspect, depending on the organisation or request they will be as you alluded to, delaying.
Just thought, yes I did put one in, but they came back with only half the information because I hadn't worded the request precisely enough.
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 28-Feb-2019 08:33 Message #4736277
SAR - Search And Rescue - Hermit is obviously lost

Trevor
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 28-Feb-2019 08:47 Message #4736278
or even :

Specific absorption rate (SAR) is a measure of the rate at which energy is absorbed by the human body when exposed to a radio frequency (RF) electromagnetic field. It can also refer to absorption of other forms of energy by tissue, including ultrasound.

(Wikipaedia)

(Vx with her techno hat on today)
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 28-Feb-2019 09:47 Message #4736287
I am not lost Trevor, but I have been to Peterborough a few times.
The old sports centre.
Last time I was there it had photos on the wall of a Liverpool team that trained there, would be 90's.
Impressed with the knowledge V, but Terry is correct.
Subject Access Request.
Female
happywalker  Female  Dorset 28-Feb-2019 12:16 Message #4736301
If it is to your Local Authority, they have to publish their policy on dealing with such requests and this would include expected timescales. It may be included (hidden) in their FOI policy.

I believe all government organisations have to comply in similar way and, yes, be very clear on what you want to know as any hint of ambiguity and it could be rejected.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »