Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Huggy thread

Let's get hugging

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 24-Feb-2019 10:29 Message #4735941
Good morning fellow huggers,

It's a beautifully sunny day for a change here. I'm so glad to see the back of the fog. I hope those who work in schools have enjoyed their half term although I know some areas have it next week. My week didn't turn out as planned so I am playing catch up today although I doubt everything will get done. I have to start moving furniture again as I have managed to find someone who will replace the blown double glazing units in the front bedroom, however that is the room everything was stacked in while the carpets were fitted :( I'd like to potter in the garden a bit but don't think I'll have time for that today.

Have a good day whatever you're doing, enjoy the sunshine if you have it.

(((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 24-Feb-2019 11:41 Message #4735946
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.

Out helping to celebrate a friends 50th birthday last night. A good evening.

Not much planned today except the rugby later on

Hugs to all

Trevor
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 24-Feb-2019 14:07 Message #4735961
Hello Pboro Tevor,

I'm glad you enjoyed your friend's birthday last night. May the best side win later.

(((HUGS)))
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire 24-Feb-2019 17:35 Message #4735984
Hello twinkle

Well it was a pea super this morning, however drove to my new Sailing Club. The fog as usual was burnt off around 1330 hrs this afternoon, but by then i had decided there wasn't enough wind to bother with - so didn't sail. So drove home in 17 degrees of warmth (windows open).

Mike

(((HUGS TO ALL)))]
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 24-Feb-2019 18:04 Message #4735987
Hello contender,

You're really not doing well weather wise are you? We've had fog most mornings this week but not today. Has spring sprung or is it a false alarm?

(((HUGS)))
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 24-Feb-2019 20:08 Message #4736003
hello Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers, (((HUGS))) to you all.
I am late because I had such a lovely Sunday in the sun admiring the snowdrops at little Easton wth my friend Pauline. After spending a good 3 hours walking and having a hot coffee we drove to Thaxtead to have a very late lunch.
When my friend/neighbour Sheila was alive we went every year for at least 16 years, I remember the 1st year we went and it was so bitterly cold that we had to warm our feet on the woodstove in the conservatory.
I hope that Pauline and I can continue the tradition.
had a wonderful day as there were so many happy families there with children and elderly folks.

(((HUGS))) Johanna.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 24-Feb-2019 21:08 Message #4736011
Hello Twinks and Sunday huggers, I'm late as usual. We did the usual run of the CB's and 1 auction today - covered quite a few miles . I bought some good bargains too. Also took a few bits to the dump, but then came back with some more things. It amazing the new stuff people throw out. Our plumber managed to smash the pedestal from the washbasin in one of the bathrooms over at my house. He was actually replacing the basin that the tenants has smashed. Anyway, there was a brand new indentical one in the skip at the dump - needless to say, its now fitted in the bathroom -fantastic and free. Himself fitted it this PM too. I also saw some beautiful John Lewis curtains but couldnt think of anywhere to put them.They were only £2 and were full length and large and in excellent clean condition . I like to think that I am doing my bit for recycling. Its fun too. On the down side, my partner is a bit of a hoarder and collects all sorts of stuff. Fortunately, we have lots of barns & stables which are rapidly filling up. We have some more properties to view this week but this is going to be such a hard act to follow.

(((Hugs))) to all V x
Female
Sea  Female  Essex 25-Feb-2019 00:28 Message #4736036
Good evening (or is it goodnight and I have missed the boat?) all Sunday Huggers.
Rather late in the day I am afraid as feeling just too tired yesterday. I have just spent a few days on Nusa Penida Island and doing rather a lot, The day day before yesterday I went by taxi motorbike to Peguyangan Waterfall onNusa Penida. It was the most scariest thing I have ever done as 400 steps down but extremely difficult steps some were blue which was more likea ladder as narro treads and huge spaces between and the rare concrete ones could be as much as two foot deep.. I doubt I would have completed on my own but met up with a young German couple who offered encouragement. Near the bottom it was jut climbing over rocks with water gushing over them and only a thin wooden handrail. Easy to slide through if not extremely careful. Anyway I survived to tell the tale and it was all quite dramatic but now my thigh muscles are certainly letting me know, as just one step is agony. Yesterday I went to catch the 7am ferry back to Lembognan but a guy shouts,' that boat there' and takes my money, which was cheaper than coming over and I was on a boat at 6.30am with all the locals. The chickens in a cage, huge baskets of fruit anf veg, sacks of this and that etc. etc. and a very crowded boat. A great experience being the only tourists. After starting to walk to other side of Island offered lift on bike by guy in ceremony garb, sarong etc. (saved me an hour and a quarter walk) then collected large bag tht had been left behind at previous homestay and on the 8am (nearer 8.30 when left) to Sanur. Then bus to Padang Bai, although did not realise it, miles out of its way to Ubud first, before continuing. Should have accepted the slightly more expensive bike ride instead. Oh well... Now have the bay just in front of me and Blue Lagoon, very good for snorkelling just a couple of mins away around the headland. Hoping to spend a couple of relaxing days here. Did quite a ,racing around seeing sights on Penida.
Hope everynbody has had a lovely Sunday.
Sending very warm (((Hugs))) from me.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »