Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

the good old days lol

just realised that in ten years time

Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 11-Feb-2019 20:15 Message #4735054
today could be classed as good old day so make it one to remember ….so whats memorable about today for you?
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 11-Feb-2019 21:58 Message #4735065
I bought some chips for an homeless guy, and he turned out to be a millionaire and gave me 10.000 quid.

Ok, no 10,000 quid, but I did buy some chips for an homeless guy
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 12-Feb-2019 09:29 Message #4735092
Reminded me of a song ... Gladys Knight & The Pips ... The Way We Were/Try Remember.
Female
Bewildered  Female  Norfolk 12-Feb-2019 09:43 Message #4735096
Sorry to put a downer on your thread, but this decade will not be looked back on as the good ole days for me, yes a good night out here and there and a holiday...but overall , not as good as the old day...and i doubt in ten years there will be much "good" to look back on.

Guess thats why I spend a lot of time on nostalgia sites... as the old days were the best...
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 12-Feb-2019 09:47 Message #4735097
Another song ... Live Laugh Love Another Day (Tim McMorris) ... "you're still standing live, love, laugh another day."
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 12-Feb-2019 09:55 Message #4735098
Today, euro, is memorable because I won't be doing any painting ... the day the painting stopped ... and if I never see another tin of paint ever again, it will be too soon!!!

Today is memorable because I had lunch with a good friend yesterday, I can rest today, and get ready for another day out with another good friend tomorrow. Both ladies have been there for me when the chips were down ... and I celebrate my love for them today.
Female
Devon-Wench  Female  Devon 12-Feb-2019 11:07 Message #4735103
Hello Euro
Well not a particular memorable day today. But recently my life took a very different turn. I decided to change everything about 3 years ago. Asked a friend to be my 'boyfriend'. Left my job. Got rid of everything material I owned in my 3 bed house. Went off travelling for a year. Back in the UK for a spell but living a life with a new motto
'Live Low and Slow'. It's going very well.

So for me the memorable parts have been some of my 'dreams' have come to fruition. On my 56th I was living a completely different life and not selling the hours of my life for ££'s. I WAS on a boat for my birthday, I did play in some waterfalls again, I did scubadive again. I have no utility bills to concern me, I have no store points cards, I am still off of the radar of sorts and life is good. About to move into a different house on the coast that is a 'cottage with a stream at the bottom of the garden' another of my dreams! Did I say, Life is good.

DW
Male
Otb  Male  Dorset 12-Feb-2019 11:09 Message #4735104
Today is, already, memorable because someone has bounced a cheque on me for £220.

Maybe they didn't like the reconditioned PC I sold them. Maybe they have just scammed or robbed me. Trouble is, living in a town a bit like Camblewick Green, I have to use the Post Office for all my …

Hold up.

In the last two minutes I've just got my machine back. The customer, (not a local person), turned up), unannounced without any phone calls or anything to explain his decision to stop the cheque but rather, demanded a receipt that he had returned the PC to me.

"No … because you've called me enough distress already", I exclaimed …

"Oh, eff off then", was my reward as he marched away.

sigh
Male
Otb  Male  Dorset 12-Feb-2019 11:12 Message #4735105
Caused me not called me, I meant …

Why aren't these frigging italised asterisks working???

GRRR
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 12-Feb-2019 19:58 Message #4735137
Maybe it is one of the Apple iPad's like mine when the 'n' does not always work lol
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 15-Feb-2019 02:23 Message #4735301
Yesterday was a good olde day lol

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »