Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

is a hot dog

just a sausage sandwich?...lol

Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 11-Feb-2019 19:03 Message #4735052
my mate says it is,,,and I cannot think of a way to substantiate the fact it isn't.,...its a hot dog...lol
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 11-Feb-2019 19:38 Message #4735053
It's a sausage roll...
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 11-Feb-2019 20:41 Message #4735055
My idea of a hot dog is a frankfurter with onions in a roll so although its a sausage I would not say its sandwich.

Incidentally Wimpy has changed the name of their bender sausages to frankfurters, I wonder why lol.
Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 11-Feb-2019 20:46 Message #4735056
According to the song 'We built this city' (on sausage rolls)

A "sausage roll" is "a cylindrical piece of pork wrapped,
in a puff pastry case"

And that's NOT a hot dog!! lol
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 11-Feb-2019 20:47 Message #4735057
so sausage and onion sandwich?..lol

its a sausage in between two pieces of bread?...………..lol
Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 11-Feb-2019 21:29 Message #4735061
You and hot sausage...Wahey!
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 11-Feb-2019 21:46 Message #4735063
lol.lol.lol.lol.lol.
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 11-Feb-2019 22:11 Message #4735069
Isn't a hot dog/frankfurter sausage normally served in a single partially sliced roll the size and shape to fit it.
A sandwich is made with a filling of whatever between 2 separate slices of bread.
A hot dog isn't that so it can't be called a sandwich.
QED.
Male
Jeff  Male  East Sussex 11-Feb-2019 22:59 Message #4735074
For many centuries, hot dog has been a South Korean popular meal.
In South Korea, although in 2018 killing dogs to eat them was made illegal, eating dog meat (not meat for dogs) isn't illegal.

If I were given a wish for my final meal, then it would include sausages, despite them being unhealthy! But a beefburger would do.

Meating Your Maker (Copyright Jeff 04-Sep-83)

A beef burger is big and fat
A sausage is but skimpy;
So this is how your world will end:
Not with a banger but a Wimpy.

(Apologies to “The Hollow Men” by T.S.Eliot.)
Male
Otb  Male  Dorset 12-Feb-2019 02:01 Message #4735085
Hot dogs hold their origins in ancient Egypt and it has been established that, in ancient Egyptian culture, eating hotdogs guaranteed a safe route to the afterlife.

Only Pharaohs or similarly anointed royalty were permitted to squeeze mustard along the length of a hotdog to guarantee, on their death, safe passage across the lake of the dead en route to their place in the heavens.

When Harold Carter discovered the tomb of Tutankhamen, a wheeled ritual trolley adorned with hieroglyphics was first assumed to be a receptacle for holding the King's personal chattels but later examination, (and deciphering), revealed that the object was a portable hotdog stand with a, (translated), "Stop me and buy one" message adorning its horizontal surfaces.

3,300 years later, that same phrase can be seen on hotdog, ice cream and hamburger stands all across the planet, proving just how influential and inspirational ancient Egyptian culture has remained.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 12-Feb-2019 07:10 Message #4735089
Well as i am not keen on hotdogs or burgers then i have no hope for a safe passage in the afterlife.

Something else in my life that is not going to happen ha ha

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »