Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Have

Have Not's

Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 10-Feb-2019 13:28 Message #4734977
Just 'cos I'm feeling mischievous...and surprised at how long the Jeremy thread has run.

Should we do away with the old titles of political parties - Conservative, Labour and all the rest, and replace them with something more possibly accurate?
Conservative could be Have's
Labour could be Havent As Much
Greens could be Poor Planet's
Wotsisname...Farage's lot could be Pint Anyone
None voters could be Apathy
Can't think of any more just now, but what do you reckon?
I've avoided going down the route of things like Blair/Bliar, maybe a bit too personal, and that could be a thread all of it's own.

How might you feel being labelled as such? I'd probably fall into the Have's with me free bus pass and pension, I have food (sometimes), a roof over my head (for the time being), heat, my tobacco (though thinking of trying to stop) and probably many other things.
I wonder how it might change us to be labelled as such instead of what we do now?
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 10-Feb-2019 14:27 Message #4734980
There was once a political party called Veritas?
What alternative name would you give for that one Terry?
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 10-Feb-2019 15:52 Message #4734986
We used to use some backup software at work, called 'Veritas Netbackup'

So an alternative political name could be 'Getbackup'

Perhaps a bit of a small following for that one though, a bit like the party itself.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 10-Feb-2019 18:05 Message #4734993
We could just have two parties, Lying B'stards and B'stard Liars?
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 10-Feb-2019 23:54 Message #4735013
Veritas, that rings a bell, I'd totally forgotten about them and to be honest, can't recall a thing about them. What might anyone else suggest for them?
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 11-Feb-2019 12:43 Message #4735036
Wasn't Veritas the party started by that Kilroy Silk chap?

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »