Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Tech question please

Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 6-Feb-2019 16:09 Message #4734629
I have W10 and use Google Chrome. Is it the same as Google + as I understand Google + is ceasing to be, at the end of either March or April. I hadnt heard of G+ before, and wondered if it was another name for Chrome. I have just had a notification about the closure and wondered why.

Does anyone know please.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 6-Feb-2019 16:38 Message #4734630
I think Google + is just a social media part of google. They are probably shutting it down as things have moved on.

As far as I am aware, Chrome is unaffected.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 6-Feb-2019 17:28 Message #4734633
oh Thanks Tumbles... social media site eh,... no wonder I didnt know about it.
V xxx
Male
Otb  Male  Dorset 6-Feb-2019 21:35 Message #4734671
Google + was Google's rendition of a social media site … without all the tat and floss that sites like Facebook pioneered.

It was more a destination where folk could express their passions, (in a blog like atmosphere) and/or encourage users with similar tastes or interests to share media, etc … and it was linked directly to the Google ecosphere of Google mail, Google photos, Google Docs, (later Google drive and later Google synch) and all the other Google related apps and services Google promotes.
Male
Otb  Male  Dorset 6-Feb-2019 21:39 Message #4734672
Ecosphere??

I think I meant another, similar, word … though I'm damned if I can remember it. :-)
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 6-Feb-2019 22:01 Message #4734676
I think Google have decided to shut it down, because they realise they can't compete with the top dog...MSE
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 7-Feb-2019 19:45 Message #4734752
Now, why didnt I think of that Tumbles.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »