Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

They say

Everyone has a book in them

Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 5-Feb-2019 19:38 Message #4734585
They say everyone has a book in them, and it doesn't half hurt.

Some people on here may have written books already, but if you were to write one, or a series of them, what would you write about?

Your life experiences?...Arts perhaps?...Historical stuff?..All sorts of other stuff?

Would it be serious?...comedy?...do you fancy yourself as a bit of a Downton Abbey type author? Or something else?

Have you got the 'knack', the 'genius' to turn an everyday type event into a funny anecdote?...Create a sitcom type situation out of bits and pieces that have happened to you, or someone you know?

Dating experiences?...with names changed obviously...but with perhaps a bit of 'poetic licence' chucked in?
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 5-Feb-2019 19:53 Message #4734586
mine would be a bit of everything...……..lol
title
before the snowflakes came...……….lol
Female
justfem  Female  Cambridgeshire 5-Feb-2019 20:19 Message #4734587
Mine would probably be a bit on the satirical side...

Title...

I thought I'd better let you all know "I'm Leaving!"
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 5-Feb-2019 20:50 Message #4734590
Well, I would write a book which would be the spin off to a TV sitcom. And it woud be about life in a Singles Club. I have thought about it for years actually. It would be about my own experiences in Singles Clubs over a 25 year period. It would be very funny and entertaining, & would be based upon my own personal experiences. I think I could write 4/5 years of episodes easily.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 6-Feb-2019 11:55 Message #4734607
For alll that I read so much fiction I don't think I'd be any good at writing it, if I have a book in me it would probably be a cookbook of all the recipes I've invented or reinvented over the years. I might have a guide book in me too, I was fed up with the lack of decent historical material available at the Aberffraw museum, seeing as Aberffraw was one of the main seats of the Prince's of Gwynedd. Maybe one day I'll get round to voluteeering to rewrite it all for them, but it would need more time, resourses and attention than I'm currently able to give it
Male
warmundeft  Male  Wrexham 6-Feb-2019 13:17 Message #4734609
Fascinating subject 'hen, but I rather think you've been beaten to it by Edith Pargeter's Quartet.

As with the likes of Bernard Cornwell, Phillipa Gregory, Julian Stockwith . . . the interweaving of fiction and interpretations of history do much to inspire a thirst for more 'facts'.

A combination of fictions upon which we are all agreed - not a bit of it ! As I found when trying to reconcile records and memories of the surviving members of No.210 Squadron RAF in order to produce their history in time for the Millennium (published 1999 - Phew! Made it!)

Oh Ho V ! Singles Club - served as Chair in the pre-internet days of one such and indeed, with a few name changes to protect the innocent . . . who knows what entertaining tales might emerge - No. Much better not.

It has been said, and I've found some truth in the saying, that there is no harder taskmaster than a blank sheet of paper - But Hey! Give it a go - I would be unstoppable if only I could get started.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 6-Feb-2019 19:04 Message #4734645
If I rewrote the tourist information at Aberffraw museum it wouldn't be fiction, I've read a few books on the Princes of Gwynedd in and around Anglesey as well as doing them as a module in my degree. I dont' feel I know enough to do it now, it would take quite a bit of research, plus photos, maps and guides of how to get to many of these places and of course to interpret what are now sadly grassy mounds.
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 6-Feb-2019 20:48 Message #4734660
Well, if there's a book in me its probably only a ladybird size of book :(

But for Jeff & Son of a beach they must be hiding a couple of encyclopaedias between them ;-) lol

Andy Mac
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 10-Feb-2019 01:53 Message #4734946
Don't know about a book but I've been invited to contribute to the local university's oral history archive, is that official confirmation I'm an old git?

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »