Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

HAPPY

chinese new year

Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 5-Feb-2019 11:45 Message #4734547
Happy Chinese new year, also known as 'The Spring Festival, starts today (this year)

you can say goodbye to the year of the dog,

and, hello to the year of the pig

will you be celebrating?

I may celebrate with a 'ham sandwich' lol ;-}

Happy Chinese New Year!
Male
Jeff  Male  East Sussex 5-Feb-2019 14:03 Message #4734555
Presumably you celebrated a year ago with a hot dog.
Female
Sea Urchin  Female  Essex 5-Feb-2019 14:12 Message #4734557
At one time it would come and go without anyone even knowing about it. It seems to only be in recent years that it has had more of a high profile. And who would want to say that they were born in the year of the pig?
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 5-Feb-2019 14:51 Message #4734560
I have just been reading up on the Chinese New Year and animals... its like most western horoscope things, and gives hope. I am a Tiger and my partner is a Dragon - its supposed to be a good combination.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 5-Feb-2019 17:59 Message #4734569
I,m a rabbit and supposed to get on with pigs...………..

so tell me something I don't know...……….lol.lol.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 5-Feb-2019 18:40 Message #4734576
I'm a tiger too, or more precisely a water tiger, every year its not just the animal that changes its the element too and the Chinese have five elements, earth, air, fire, water and wood.

I guess we here more about it because we're more open to different cultural influences and it sells more horriblescope books.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 5-Feb-2019 19:23 Message #4734584
I like a good Chinese/ Thai meal. Thin Noodle and Special fried rice dishes are my favourite.

Happy New year.

ps... I feel like I have got one of those stigmata type things, like happens at Easter, when people get bruises on their hands. I woke up this morning with a 'sore finger'
Female
Judance  Female  Berkshire 5-Feb-2019 21:08 Message #4734593
Kung Hay Fa Choy!
Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 5-Feb-2019 22:25 Message #4734595
And the same back to you ju, and many of 'em. :-}

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »