Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Huggy thread

Come and get them

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 3-Feb-2019 10:23 Message #4734435
Good morning everyone,

There's still snow lying on the fields near me but the roads apart from some ice on the side roads seem to be clear. I had an enforced long weekend as work closed on Friday due to the snow lying on ice so deemed not safe. It had been very slippery on the previous few days especially as the frost got more severe. How has everyone been coping? Elrond, I hope you're tucked up in the warm as the forecast was for really cold weather up there. Victoriana11 are the animals okay?

Anyway, I'm having roast pork for lunch today for a change, with roast potatoes, parsnips and haven't quite decided on the veg yet. What's on the menu for you?

Stay warm, take care (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 3-Feb-2019 11:23 Message #4734439
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

Only seen a coupe of snowflakes here in Peterborough, though we have had a couple of extreme;y cold days and nights - minus 5 one night.

Had an excellent day yesterday watching the rugby. Well done England. Celebrated England's win with a few beers and a curry - as you do - lol

Quiet in the house at the moment. My son has gone off the baby sit for his aunty and the cats have all been fed and had their morning run round the garden and are now back in the warm, sleeping.

Hugs to all

Trevor
Female
Sea Urchin  Female  Essex 3-Feb-2019 12:26 Message #4734443
Good Morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.
I am now actually in Pemuteran; arriving today on a motorbike taxi from Lovina. I spent a few days there, staying in a lovely place surrouded by water gardens and a huge swimming pool. Sunsets on the beach were really spectacular, as the sky certainly turns very red, where it peeps through the clouds and that is even when the sun has not been in view at all. I also went out on a lovely dolphin watching trip at sunrise. i saw lots jumping out of the water, including a mother with her baby, who were doing leaps side by side together. Now in Pemuteran where it is renowned for its crystal clear waters and good coral for snorkelling over. Have been twice today. Days have been warm and sunny with the odd rumble of thunder and a couple of short showers. No snow here, :-) Apparently there wasn't much where i live anyway, as my grandchildren were disappointed they did not have enough to even make a snowball. If anybody has any spare, I think they would be delighted.:- )

Sending very warm (((Hugs))) to all.
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 3-Feb-2019 12:49 Message #4734444
hello Twinkle
warm Sunday {{{HUGS}}} to you and to all other Sunday Huggers to follow. {{{HUGS }}} to you all.
Woke up early as it was freezing cold in my bedroom. The thermostat downstairs had been turned down far too much. .
Quick dash downstairs to make mug of tea. re-heat my beanbag , grab the newspapers, turn the C.H. to a higher setting and snuggle back in bed again
Now off to Sunday lunch at my daughter`s and to choose a letter box cage around the front door letter box as Huxley-Darling encouraged by his companion Bella had bitten the postman ( postperson ) through the letterbox and I got a letter that the dog behaved aggressive and growled.
We may have to get an outdoor lockable postbox as the letterbox has been taken apart by Huxley before.
We had a tiny bit of powdery snow here in Essex- not enough to make a snowball.
How I envy the swims in warm crystal clear water of S.U.
I am planning a get away with a friend end of May.
Keep warm .
I am off tp eat chicken !

leogirl.
Female
Phoenixnights  Female  Nottinghamshire 3-Feb-2019 13:38 Message #4734446
Good Afternoon Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers,

We have escaped any snow where I live, thank goodness. But did take the dog fo r a walk up to the woods where there had been a dusting and a frost so very slippery. Not that Lottie minded , as long as she gets a walk shes happy. A beautiful sunny day albeit blooming cold!

No to curl up with a Film , dog and something nice to eat like a bacon and egg sandwich.

Enjoy your Sunday Lunches Twinkle and Leogirl.

Hugs to all. ((hugs))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 3-Feb-2019 13:52 Message #4734447
Hello Trevor,

Sounds as if you've been lucky weatherwise apart from the cold.

Enjoy the quiet, it won't last.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 3-Feb-2019 13:55 Message #4734448
Hello Sea Urchin,

It sounds beautiful where you are. I have seen a couple of small snowmen locally. Not safe for snowball fights though due to the ice. We have a few lovely sunsets though.

Stay safe,

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 3-Feb-2019 13:58 Message #4734449
Hello leogirl,

I am so glad I don't have a thermostat but have a programmable timer. I did notice when I turned it off for my boiler service that it has a minimum 5 degree frost setting even when off. I have been leaving my heating on overnight recently but didn't last night and woke up feeling cold so was glad when the heating kicked in.

Good luck with finding the right letterbox cage. I doubt there's much you can do about the growling as he's just protecting his property.

Enjoy your chicken :)

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 3-Feb-2019 14:01 Message #4734450
Hello Phoenixnights,

Another without snow. Ours is gradually melting where the sun is getting to it.

Enjoy your film and bacon and egg sandwich - sounds yummy. I had unexpected visitors when my son and his youngest stopped off to eat their lunch whilst Mum was round the corner h=getting a passport form signed again.

(((HUGS)))
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire 3-Feb-2019 16:26 Message #4734453
Hello Twinkle

Well missed me this morning did you, even though I was up at 7 of the clock, but left to go back to my new Sailing Club to step the mast.

I decided that my former sailing club was not really the club I need to be at in that the racing is rather poor in respect to turn out, and thereby hopefully the turn out here at Blithfield will be much improved.

I find that all the members I have spoken to seem to be quite friendly where as the former not so much, and in addition the boat that I have taken down most seem to be interested in. we shall see?

I decided that as the wind this morning seemed to be quite chilly ie below 4 degrees not to sail, although when i left the temperature was around the 7 mark.

Mike

(((HUGS to ALL)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 3-Feb-2019 18:07 Message #4734459
Hello contender,

Good luck with your new club. I hope you get a bit more sailing in there.

(((HUGS)))
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 3-Feb-2019 18:58 Message #4734462
Hello Sunday Huggers, Hope you are all having a good day. We have quite a bit of snow here still and its frozen solid with thick ice underneath.
We got up early as always and went off to a CB and a market, It was absolutely bitter. I have a dreadful cold still but was well wrapped up. Not a pretty sight in my fluffy hat with a pompom and thick furlined boots. I managed to get a few bargains as always. We then went for breakfast at the Toby which was very welcome. Then to my house to check the carpenters work - he's nearly finished the kitchen now. And then another CB this afternoon - this one was in a school playground and must have been the coldest place in Bucks. I was glad to get home after Lidls and Aldi for some shopping.Neither of us wanted an evening meal so we just had toasted sandwiches which was fine.

Cats and dog all snuggled up in the warm ( not together )Peacock is strutting his stuff outside still and doesnt seem to mind the cold. I thought they came from warmer climes ?

Our G Shepherd caught and ate a pigeon yesterday. She had killed it before I could get to her as I cant run fast in the snow cos its so slippery . I definitely did not approve though.
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 3-Feb-2019 23:15 Message #4734474
Hello Victoriana11,

As long as you're warm that's more important than how you look in this cold snap. You could write a book about your escapades.

(((HUGS)))

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »