Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Was looking tonight

Reminiscing a bit

Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 30-Jan-2019 22:47 Message #4734298
Had a look tonight at the 'My Friends' drop down thingumy and being a nosey sod and thinking "I haven't seen owt of so and so or so and so for ages, are they still on".
Was nice to have a look and equally nice to see some appear to have struck gold in one way or another...nice one folks, hope all is well and the 'gold' is keeping it's shine.
Makes me want to say thank you, for the walks along canals in North Yorkshire, for putting me up for a night or two in Devon and inviting me to your party and into your homes, for the walks along canals ower t'border in Lancashire (or might have been Cheshire!), for putting up with me in South Wales...by 'eck, that was a drive and a half, for breezy days in Scarborough...and for the other myriad of meets, messages, laughs. For not shooting me for not answering messages - I can be a bit slow at that - but basically, thank you for making my life richer for knowing you, in however a small or not small way.

Am not planning to go anywhere, just thought I'd say 'cos I had a look at that 'My Friends' drop down thingumy.
Female
Woosey  Female  North Yorkshire 30-Jan-2019 23:48 Message #4734300
You've a message in your inbox from me Terry.

I know a few who miss you.

Hope you're keeping well and wonder if your dream came to anything?

We'll have to meet for a brew sometime and a catch-up.

Hugs from Woo x
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 31-Jan-2019 07:46 Message #4734304
There's still some going on from old friends Terry.

I wonder if it was you who attended Amethyst's treasure trail along the Macclesfield canal some years ago?
There must have been 30 of us.

Was it you who met with a small group and maybe sat next to me at a pub meal in Chorley. You might have been the guy who amused me by saying you had to leave 2 hours early, to be up early next morning, as maybe it was you who had to take a grandchild to school on a 2 hour trip in a canal boat?

East Pingu on here had occasionally tried to muster up interest but unfortunately all the proactive definite will turn up kind of people diminished to might turn up if I'm doing nothing better kind of people.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 31-Jan-2019 09:58 Message #4734306
What a nice thread.

V x
Female
Lady  Female  North Yorkshire 31-Jan-2019 12:14 Message #4734312
I don't post on here much now or attend MSE Meets but still pop on from time to time to see if any old friends are around and how they're getting on.
Nice to see you again Terry. I have fond memories of the Meets we've been to and the lovely folk we met there, including your good self. Good times.

Rincewind and Lady are still enjoying life and adventures together, rambling and cruising along the canals and elsewhere.
Female
Woosey  Female  North Yorkshire 31-Jan-2019 13:04 Message #4734314
Hiya Lady
We really will have to meet up this year. It would be lovely to see you again. I really can't walk very far at all now without my back aching and getting out of breath but maybe lunch sometime.

Love and hugs
Woo xxx

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »