Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Destined for a World record attempt.

Is it fate?

Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 24-Jan-2019 17:45 Message #4734001
For my tea, I fancied some fish fingers. I stuck 6 of them in the George Foreman, and had fish finger butties with tommy K.

Sometimes when having fish fingers, I dream about the big silver platter that Captain Birds Eye brings out in the ads, and I start wondering about how many I could eat. They are all laid out in an 'inviting' way, and part of me thinks I could polish off the lot.

So there I was dreaming away, and I have just watched a comedy on putlocker, starring Craig Cash, Diane Morgan, Sue Johnson, Joe Wilkinson, amongst others. I haven't seen the episode before, but lo and behold, Craig Cash's character is only attempting a world record fish finger eating thing, to raise money. They reckon, in the comedy, that the world record is 72, but I have just looked in the real world online, and the record is more to do with size of the fish eaten.

Well, how incredible I thought, what a coincidence. Maybe it is fate. Maybe I am destined to give it a go. Not today though, as I am full up now, but maybe in the future...Guinness Book of Records, here I come.

Are there any records that you think you could beat?

ps... i haven't finished watching the episode yet. he has just started eating them. I don't know how it ends up.
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 24-Jan-2019 17:59 Message #4734004
Go for it Tumbleweed, I too like fish fingers but sadly my appetite nowadays wouldn't allow more than four in a sarny.

I'd have a go at the staying in bed doing nothing record...I'm good at doing nothing.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 24-Jan-2019 18:07 Message #4734006
Right..., I just carried on watching, and he didn't break the record. He managed...4

4...and even then he had to spit out the 4th one.!

He obviously hadn't trained up for it properly.

I need to get a proper training routine going.

In the meantime, back to the show...
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 24-Jan-2019 18:27 Message #4734007
Hi Boys, I have never eaten a fish finger - could tbis be a record too. I really must try them one day... am I mssing out ? Would the world be a better place if I sampled the Birdseye Fish Fingers... I even remember the little tune that went with the advert, but have no idea what they taste like.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 24-Jan-2019 18:37 Message #4734008
The best way to eat a fish finger butty is with mayo and horseradish sauce, or even tartare sauce if you want to be posh.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 24-Jan-2019 18:57 Message #4734011
world record for...…….……….erm…….laughing? Hair colour changes? collection of gnomes? Lol lol
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 24-Jan-2019 18:58 Message #4734013
or drinking half pints of baileys...……….lol..with no ice...…..lol
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 24-Jan-2019 21:55 Message #4734025
once a week i have a fishfinger salad, with 10 f/fingers.

f/finger and fried egg butty, messy but nice !
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 24-Jan-2019 21:58 Message #4734026
birdseye f/fingers are overpriced and under weight [280g instead of 300g] compared to other brands.
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 25-Jan-2019 09:28 Message #4734037
Also, a lot of varieties look good value until you see the're just cheap old Pollock Fish Fingers not Cod Fish Fingers.

Nadiya Hussain (she of TGBBO 2015 winner fame) is mad for fish fingers, and claims to have once eaten 18 in one sitting.
She has even come up with the ultimate fusion food recipe Fish Finger Lasagne.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 25-Jan-2019 11:17 Message #4734042
"Also, a lot of varieties look good value until you see the're just cheap old Pollock Fish Fingers not Cod Fish Fingers. "

true, also make sure to get cod fillet f/f,s, not the rubbish cheap, minced fish.
Female
Emmz  Female  Somerset 25-Jan-2019 11:27 Message #4734043
I love fishfingers sandwiches, sometimes include sliced tomatoes, mayonnaise or tartare sauce. Good quality bread is essential too

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »