Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Talk to the

Press

Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 9-Oct-2018 21:56 Message #4726732
Have you ever sold a story to the press, how did it go?
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 10-Oct-2018 09:15 Message #4726755
Once upon a time...
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 10-Oct-2018 13:36 Message #4726777
The day war broke out...
Male
warmundeft  Male  Wrexham 10-Oct-2018 23:04 Message #4726813
'It was a dark and stormy night ...'
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 11-Oct-2018 00:12 Message #4726815
No I mean did you get any money.
I have loads of stories about the sex parties that mse members have.
The ones with no profile pic are all at it.
Except for me, I am undercover with Cheeky Chappie...shush...
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 11-Oct-2018 14:24 Message #4726832
There have been things through life that have been tempting. But so far, no. And for certain things it will definitely remain that way, for which I am proud of my integrity.

One that I was tempted with though, was when we were all made redundant, amid some fairly controversial circumstances, with no union to help fight for us, when the work was moved offshore, and things like grants were given to employ local people, but make all the England workers redundant. There were some security breaches, which I am sure would have been of interest to certain people. We had to sign something to say that we could not go to the press though, and with all sorts of other things going on, we just ended up going along with it and getting the hell out and trying to get on with our lives.
Male
warmundeft  Male  Wrexham 11-Oct-2018 17:14 Message #4726836
Ah ! Right - ambiguity resolved. Thanks NH.
As a former submariner, I have to answer along the the lines of: 'What is your need to know ?'
Also, there must be another 'Cheeky Chappie' of whom I am unaware - if it's Max Miller you are undercover with, then I hope the ash doesn't make you sneeze. 'No! Listen! Listen!' 'It's people like you who get me a bad name.'
Oh please NH! Lighten our darkness. "Loads of stories" - Give us a sample, do - you old teaser.
Perhaps profile pics could be removed and invites to parties will proliferate under the 'Meetups' button.
Or maybe not just yet.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 11-Oct-2018 19:32 Message #4726841
No, W, you can remove profile pics, but it seems to be Admin that decides who goes to the parties.
Have you tried to contact Admin recently?
They are too busy organizing and taking part in the parties.
If you are hoping for Essex via the mse "meet ups" button?
Male
warmundeft  Male  Wrexham 11-Oct-2018 23:04 Message #4726857
Sorry NH, Line 4 of Message #4726841 not understood, but the previous three lines sound familiar. I'm not usually slow on the uptake - must be past my bedtime.
Male
TheSarcasticOne  Male  Essex 12-Oct-2018 03:26 Message #4726860
Nope, never sold one but did work for a press outlet.

We never paid, we just researched and published.
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 12-Oct-2018 06:46 Message #4726861
I have never sold a story to the press but have been personally involved in a number of incidents which have been reported by, mostly local, newspapers. The one thing they all had in common was inaccuracies. Sometimes simple mistakes in names and locations but also completely misreported.

I dont think the press pay for many stories. More likely to fork out for interesting photographs.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »