Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

diddle de dum diddle de dum

wee-ooh

Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 6-Oct-2018 17:53 Message #4726491
Yup, the new series of Doctor Who starts tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. Are you?

Of course, my favourite doctor will always be Jon Pertwee or maybe David Tennant, but then again Tom Baker was a scream and even Matt Smith grew on me, Peter Capaldi had his good points. Mmm, I think Tennant gets my vote. Maybe. So far. I'll let you all know in another 50 years, if I and the Doctor are still around.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 6-Oct-2018 18:01 Message #4726492
looking forward to it ...lol...matt smith...amazing
david tenant..amazing
jon pertwee…….excellent
tom baker...yuk no
peter Capaldi...tough to relate too
Christopher Eccleston.…...loved him
davison, mc gann,bradley,hurt,..mediocre
Hartnell...very good
troughton …..mediocre
colin baker...yuk
mc coy...boring
I didn't like peter cushing when he played dr who in the films either
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 6-Oct-2018 19:01 Message #4726494
Sorry to go off thread a bit, but I often do that thing where something reminds me of something else, and then I go off and immerse myself in the new something else.

It has just happened, when I read the name Peter Cushing. Did I go and watch Dracula and all that kind of stuff? Or his Dr Who film?

No, I remembered an episode of QI, where Alan Davies said that he lived in Whitstable, and there was a song that went 'Peter Cushing lives in Whitstable, I have seen him on his bicycle, I have seen him buying vegetables, Peter Cushing lives in Whitstable'

There is a little funny video on youtube of the song. Well, I think it is funny anyway.

Anyway, back to the thread, I think Jon Pertwee was my favourite. It was probably due to the era. I haven't really watched many recent ones.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 6-Oct-2018 19:27 Message #4726497
Feel free to wander freely everybody. It is hardly a serious thread.

Another of my favourites is returning to our screens shortly as well.

The Walking Dead

Ok, it's not rocket science but I like it.

I've put a record request on my TIVO box for Zombie Nation as well and as I have True Blood (vampire saga) in my wish list you can see the sort of trivial rubbish I like to watch on occasions.

Back to Dr Who, sort of, did anybody else spot Alex Kingston (River Song) in the Sky 2 series A Discovery of Witches? Another English person playing an American.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 6-Oct-2018 19:34 Message #4726499
enjoyed walking dead for a while, but prefer the resident evil lot, and grimm….well into grimm
and the hunger games films
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 6-Oct-2018 20:43 Message #4726506
I saw the film "The FLY" when very young, and it frightened the wits out of me. I think Vincent Price may have been in it. It kept me awake all night.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 6-Oct-2018 20:54 Message #4726511
That's a classic, Victoriana.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 6-Oct-2018 21:34 Message #4726515
The creepiest movie I have ever seen was a tv special, broadcast on the Beeb, New Year's Eve I think it was, in 1972. It was called The Stone Tapes. I see it is available on U-tube if anybody is interested. My daughter got hold of it on DVD a couple of years back as she had heard me talking about it and it freaked her out too. I'm not generally into that sort of Horror though.

Tremors is more my style. I like the touch of comedy. Remembering the young Valentine McKee in 1990, I just checked on Kevin Bacon's birthdate and he was actually 32 at the time!
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 7-Oct-2018 20:26 Message #4726564
I have started watching The Stone Tape, after you mentioned it. I don't think I have seen it before. It looks ok at the moment. And it has one of the original blokes from Last of the Summer Wine, Michael Bates, also from It aint half hot Mum He was good in that, my type of humour, but not the PC peoples type, although he was born in India, I think. . Also Ian Cuthbertson, from Budgie and Danger UXB, amongst other things.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 7-Oct-2018 22:30 Message #4726582
She hit the ground running, don’t know about Bradley though he looked a bit she’ll shocked, his misses didn’t last long did she. :0)

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »