Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

That little devil Banksy

He's a one

Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 6-Oct-2018 12:27 Message #4726461
I've just been reading about a Banksy that was bought for £1 million at Sothebys, then it went and shredded itself, as a shredder had been hidden in the frame.

Are any of you lot Banksy?
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 6-Oct-2018 13:37 Message #4726462
Gordon?
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 6-Oct-2018 15:17 Message #4726468
Great double answer there NotHermit.

It would explain a lot if Gordon was Banksy, never appearing, all surrounded in mystery.

And if it is Gordon Banksy, great goaly, and worthy worldy cupy winnery.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 6-Oct-2018 16:41 Message #4726472
has someone lost a million, or is it just a stunt by banksy with no one losing out ?

only asking as i couldnt see the auction house getting involved in that kind of thing ?
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 6-Oct-2018 16:51 Message #4726473
I'm not sure. I think they are still trying to work it out.

Typically of the Art world though, some are saying a shredded Banksy is going to be worth more than it was before. I expect they will sell it for 2 million now.

Then, if it mysteriously de-shreds, the deshreaded previously shredded Banksy will be worth 3 million.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 6-Oct-2018 21:02 Message #4726513
The general consensus of opinion is that Sotheby's were in on it. The shredding was timed to start at the moment the auctioneers hammer hit the table, and it did.

Banksey doesnt do it for me, but he is obviously considered as asset to the country as he is the only officially recognised graffiti artist.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »